Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #1081
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tick221 View Post
Does anyone know of any other sites to check for sports competitions? I've checked pop warners and the WWoS site for our dates(6/9-6/16) and see there is girls volleyball but only for the last 2 days we are there. The WWoS site doesn't specify were they will be staying though.

I cam tolerate a couple days but want to be sure as possible.

Thanks
I only know of the sites you already checked and it is my understanding that whoever is in charge of the trip can pick whatever resort they like. I would think typically a volleyball coach would pick sports for his volleyball team however.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:53 AM   #1082
3PrinceMom
Mouseketeer

I stayed at CBR 8/2010....my mother kind of joined us for a week and stayed at All Star Sports. I liked her room better than mine! I found the shower curtain thing kind of tacky. I only need one sink. The toilet/shower area was no bigger. Her room was just better. My kids will miss the CBR pools....but we will make do.
3PrinceMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #1083
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PrinceMom View Post
I stayed at CBR 8/2010....my mother kind of joined us for a week and stayed at All Star Sports. I liked her room better than mine! I found the shower curtain thing kind of tacky. I only need one sink. The toilet/shower area was no bigger. Her room was just better. My kids will miss the CBR pools....but we will make do.
I found the walk from my room to the food court at CBR was a long walk.
The walk at Sports is a short walk from all of the buildings.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #1084
jennyf2
DIS Veteran

Talking

132 days....It seems like forever Anyone else going the week of August 13th???

Now living 10 minutes from DISNEY
jennyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:30 PM   #1085
jennyf2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
I found the walk from my room to the food court at CBR was a long walk.
The walk at Sports is a short walk from all of the buildings.

OT----Hi MickMan I saw that you are from MN......I'm in North St Paul -- how about you???

Now living 10 minutes from DISNEY
jennyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #1086
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Hey jennyf2 I am from Plymouth.

Good to see other DIS fans from Minnesota...

Old 04-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #1087
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
You are going to have a wonderful time. Enjoy!!!
Thank you! I'm totally geeked about staying there.

As an aside, does anyone here know if there is a place to purchase a small floating lounge chair thingy at or near the resort? I guess I could find a smallish one and stuff it in one of my bags to bring with me if there isn't.

I have a fantasy about quietly floating along in the pool one nightwhen it's all peaceful.

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #1088
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post

As an aside, does anyone here know if there is a place to purchase a small floating lounge chair thingy at or near the resort? I guess I could find a smallish one and stuff it in one of my bags to bring with me if there isn't.

I have a fantasy about quietly floating along in the pool one night when it's all peaceful.
kaffinito That sounds very peaceful....

Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #1089
angwill

Quote:

I have a fantasy about quietly floating along in the pool one nightwhen it's all peaceful.
Floating on a lounge in the pool sounds wonderful but I believe it is against the rules. You might want to call and verify but I have seen people told different things were not allowed in the pool. I even had them inspect my pool ball to make sure it was not too hard.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #1090
kaffinito
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Floating on a lounge in the pool sounds wonderful but I believe it is against the rules. You might want to call and verify but I have seen people told different things were not allowed in the pool. I even had them inspect my pool ball to make sure it was not too hard.
I won't do it during the day, just late at night when the pool is empty and it's quiet.

I know there are a lot of rules during the day, I just wanted some quiet peaceful floaty time.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #1091
angwill

[QUOTE=kaffinito;40656320]I won't do it during the day, just late at night when the pool is empty and it's quiet.

I know there are a lot of rules during the day, I just wanted some quiet peaceful floaty time. [/QUO

I just got the vision of you floating out there and falling asleep. When we go the lifeguards go home at 11pm and the pool closes at midnight but people still swim after then.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #1092
kaffinito

[QUOTE=angwill;40656998]
Quote:
I just got the vision of you floating out there and falling asleep. When we go the lifeguards go home at 11pm and the pool closes at midnight but people still swim after then.

Well jeez - midnight - that's late! Maybe my idea wasn't such a good one after all - I'm not staying up until 3 am just to do the floaty thing.

Maybe I'll try it during our August trip then. The pools should close earlier that time of year.

Oh well, just a few more days at I'll be at AsSpo!

Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #1093
KarlaG4Kids
I LOVE to travel
Two votes from our house!

Last year we stayed in touchdown bldgs and they were not preferred. Has this changed recently? Thanks!
05/12/14 35th Anniversary trip12/2/13 Christmas fun5/18/13 Fantasy Cruise w/whole family! 5/1/12 Our WDW trip with Abby & Cameron & DREAM cruise w/entire family!05/07/11 Grosdidier WDW & Dream 01/06/10 Marathon trip w C&C 09/12/09 01/28/09 DL 1st trip 09/20/08 01/11/08 08/26/07 12/11/06 09/25/06 01/11/06 02/2005 09/2004 12/2002 05/2002 01/2001 03/1999 01/1997 03/17/1995 - FT Wilderness, The trip that began it all! Each time I arrive at WDW I know that I am HOME! A vacation is one of the best investments in your family!
KarlaG4Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #1094
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaG4Kids View Post
Last year we stayed in touchdown bldgs and they were not preferred. Has this changed recently? Thanks!
I dont believe so but they are so close that they seem preferred without the extra charge.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #1095
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=kaffinito;40657360]
Quote:

Well jeez - midnight - that's late! Maybe my idea wasn't such a good one after all - I'm not staying up until 3 am just to do the floaty thing.

Maybe I'll try it during our August trip then. The pools should close earlier that time of year.

Oh well, just a few more days at I'll be at AsSpo!
Kaffinito: I see you are going on a solo trip, enjoy yourselves immensely. I love my solo trips

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: