Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #946
Luis Rodriguez
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabric View Post
When I tried to book Pop for our stay Sept 19-26 it was full. I ask CM which of the All Star resorts would be better, she said All Star Sports as the bus stops there first.

Where is the best spot to put the Pack'n Play in the room?
I've never stayed at Pop but, IIRC, their buses don't stop at the All Stars. I have stayed at Sports, though, and yes, it is the first stop for the All Stars' buses.

Enjoy your trip!!

Regards,
Luis Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #947
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Being the first stop for the buses is a huge bonus....

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #948
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
Being the first stop for the buses is a huge bonus....
That is why we chose it over the other All-Star Resorts this year.... we will have an ECV and an electric W/C in our party which makes it even more important to have fresher buses! Prior to this, we have only stayed at POP and we love the dedicated buses, but really wanted to try someplace new for a change.

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #949
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Booked ASSp for the weekend of Wine & Dine half marathon...have only stayed at Pop out of the value so I'm excited to try another! I'll start browsing these 64 pages before sending all my questions
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #950
adaygaby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
Well, I wonder if it is true that you are more likely to get the connecting rooms when traveling with kids. It would make sense.
Tinkerbell60 Hope you guys had a great time on your Disney vacation..!

Just wondering how your stay was at AsSports, bus transportation and if you were able to get your connecting room request. We will be checking in 36days and have also requested connecting rooms.
11/2006 CSR
05/1995 All-Star Music (HS Senior Trip)

adaygaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #951
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

Hi! I am currently booked at POFQ for late November, but I may have to push up my trip to September. POFQ is booked and so is POP but Sports and Movies have availability. I'm leaning towards Sports due to it being the first pick up/drop off.

Soooo, my question is, if I don't pay for a preferred room, is the walk to the main building really bad? I've been really luck with both my visits to be extremely close to the main building and bus stops so I'm hoping for my streak to continue.

Thanks!

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ

mom2clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #952
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2clr View Post
Hi! I am currently booked at POFQ for late November, but I may have to push up my trip to September. POFQ is booked and so is POP but Sports and Movies have availability. I'm leaning towards Sports due to it being the first pick up/drop off.

Soooo, my question is, if I don't pay for a preferred room, is the walk to the main building really bad? I've been really luck with both my visits to be extremely close to the main building and bus stops so I'm hoping for my streak to continue.

Thanks!
If you stay at Sports, request the Football building in the back. We've stayed in Football and it's quite close to the food court and bus stop.

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #953
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Honestly, Movies very rarely shares with Sports and Music if that helps. I love Sports myself. I feel that sports is the most compact resort of all the resorts and that everything is a short walk to the main building and bus so I wouldn't bother paying for prefered.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #954
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
If you stay at Sports, request the Football building in the back. We've stayed in Football and it's quite close to the food court and bus stop.

Donna
I agree. The rooms we had in football were closer than most if not all of the preferred rooms, which are around the pool. Request "Closest to the food court" or something like that, and you should be ok.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarsportsmap.htm

We were right where the #10 is on the map, in Touchdown.
Surf's Up is preferred.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:30 PM   #955
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input.

I was checking expedia and travelocity and they both have rooms available in POP & POFQ during September. Has anyone ever booked a Disney room through these (or any other) website?

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ

mom2clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:51 PM   #956
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2clr View Post

Thanks!
We were put in the baseball section because that's where my DS wanted to stay. It seemed like a long walk but it really wasn't. It took less than 5 minutes to walk to the food court through the football field. For a large resort, I think you can get around rather easily. Plus our room was super quiet! We were on the 3rd floor, facing the back with lovely palms blocking us seeing the parking lot to the left. To the right we could see the tennis section. We really enjoyed our stay. Hope you do too

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:48 PM   #957
DJT
DIS Veteran

We've stayed in Football 7 and Football 10. We prefer 10 because 7 is close to the food court where the trucks come in all night long and re-supply everything. Those trucks are noisy. We always ask for the third floor.
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #958
MickMan
DIS Veteran

I did not think any of the buildings where that far from the food court. I have stayed at Carribean Beach Resort and that was a long long walk. Way to long of a walk for me..

But at Sports it all seemed to be a reasonable walk.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #959
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaygaby View Post
Tinkerbell60 Hope you guys had a great time on your Disney vacation..!

Just wondering how your stay was at AsSports, bus transportation and if you were able to get your connecting room request. We will be checking in 36days and have also requested connecting rooms.

We had a wonderful vacation - just got back today.

We had a great stay - we requested connecting rooms in the football section on an upper floor and that is what we got. We had wanted 4 double beds, but there were no connecting rooms available so we had one room with a King and a connecting with 2 doubles - that worked fine for us.

We were in building 7 and we were quite close to the main building/food court. We were also convenient to the parking lots in the back which was great since we drove.

The resort layout seems to be perfect, I really think most of the buildings are fairly close. Nothing seems to be as far away from the food court/lobby. The other All Stars and Pop seem a little more spread out.

I really liked the resort a lot, but I did feel the food selections were a little limited for lunch/dinner. The food was very good though - everything was fresh and well prepared, especially at breakfast!

The other "drawback" is there were a lot of sports teams visiting and also some tour groups. I think it lost some of the "family oriented" feeling that some of the other values have. It is probably different at other times of the year though.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #960
MickMan
DIS Veteran

tinkerbell60 I am glad you had a great stay......

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: