Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2010, 08:06 AM   #901
MickMan
DIS Veteran

THEVACATIONFAMILY thanks for the info..

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #902
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEVACATIONFAMILY View Post
If anyone wants to stay at AS Sports, My family and I have always stayed there and we love it. Now depending on what season you're going will depend on what section you'll want to stay at. Peak season will bring alot of sports attics and you'll have people playing at all hours of the night, like by the 2 football helmets. Other than that, I highly recommend it, my wife and I, along with our 2 DD's stay there when we go on vacation, but the AS Sports restaurant is ok, but could be a little better like, AS Music, AS Movies and Pop Century, never stayed at those resorts but have viewed them on Disneys' sight. I hope I gave a little info on Sports, but anymore questions, I will be happy enough to offer my input.
How are you defining peak season? Do you mean peak season for that particular sport or for Disney parks......we are going in July - what would be a good choice to avoid the all night sports.....thanks!
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #903
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking All star sports resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
How are you defining peak season? Do you mean peak season for that particular sport or for Disney parks......we are going in July - what would be a good choice to avoid the all night sports.....thanks!
Tinkerbell60, I would recommend staying at Surf's Up or at Basketball sections, "No Noise. But at the Football section is where you will find the most noise, close to all hours of the night. When I say "PEAK SEASON", it's when schools are out, like Spring Break, Holidays, Summer. Anytime parents can bring their children, as to not skip school, is Peak Season. I hope you will get to enjoy your Magical Vacation. Have a Magical Day.

Halloween At Disney World!!!!!!
Who can ask for anything more?

THEVACATIONFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #904
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tinkerbell60, I would recommend staying at Surf's Up or at Basketball sections, "No Noise. But at the Football section is where you will find the most noise, close to all hours of the night. When I say "PEAK SEASON", it's when schools are out, like Spring Break, Holidays, Summer. Anytime parents can bring their children, as to not skip school, is Peak Season. I hope you will get to enjoy your Magical Vacation. Have a Magical Day.
Thanks!! I was going to request the touchdown section because it is close to the main building. Do you know if there are any standard rooms in the Surf's Up section? I thought that was all preferred.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #905
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking Preferred Section

Quote:
Thanks!! I was going to request the touchdown section because it is close to the main building. Do you know if there are any standard rooms in the Surf's Up section? I thought that was all preferred.
Preferred to me would be, on the 1st Fl. and close to the Main Building. But any other section would not be preferred and if you stayed on the 2nd or 3rd Fl. I hope that I could help you as much as I can.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #906
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I know at Pop, the 60s are preferred except for the rooms that are on the back side, away from the pool - maybe it is the same at Sports. We are requesting connecting rooms, so that may limit our options.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #907
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've stayed in Football building 7, quiet section (back of building) and had no problem whatsoever with noise.

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #908
MickMan
DIS Veteran

All of Surf's up is preferred.
The quietest would be Tennis but it is a further walk (it really is not that far).
But the Sports resort is not a big resort so it would be a closer walk than the farthest walk at POP or some of the Moderate resorts.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #909
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info! I guess with a smaller resort, I don't need to worry to much. We were in Broadway at AS Music and I thought that was a little far - of course our room was the at the far end near the parking lot too!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #910
MickMan
DIS Veteran

I guess distance is all relative. The Tennis section is the farthest point from the main building. Walked over there to take some pics and it did not seem that far.

But if you have ever stayed at Caribbean Beach Club at the farthest point you feel like you are a mile away from the main building....and you just might be. lol

Old 04-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #911
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
I guess distance is all relative. The Tennis section is the farthest point from the main building. Walked over there to take some pics and it did not seem that far.

But if you have ever stayed at Caribbean Beach Club at the farthest point you feel like you are a mile away from the main building....and you just might be. lol
Yep - we were in CBR - Pirate room - last building in Trinidad South. We have also stayed in both the 70s and 50s sections of Pop. We actually thought our 50s building was a healthy distance. We were in the Jukebox building.

AS Sports looks a lot more compact, but after a day of walking through the parks, everything seems further!!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #912
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking Good luck

Quote:
Thanks! I know at Pop, the 60s are preferred except for the rooms that are on the back side, away from the pool - maybe it is the same at Sports. We are requesting connecting rooms, so that may limit our options.
Good luck on trying to get a connectig room. We may try that, if the in-laws go with us, but just don't know yet. I think in AS Sports all of the rooms that may be connected, are only on the 2nd and 3rd Fl., I could be mistaken, if it's better at POP, then maybe we'll try it there. Good Luck and have a Magical Day.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #913
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good luck on trying to get a connectig room. We may try that, if the in-laws go with us, but just don't know yet. I think in AS Sports all of the rooms that may be connected, are only on the 2nd and 3rd Fl., I could be mistaken, if it's better at POP, then maybe we'll try it there. Good Luck and have a Magical Day.
I don't mind the second or third floors at all. I am fairly certain all resorts offer connecting rooms. I have read here (in the past) that Pop had the most connecting rooms - it may be because it is a bigger resort than each of the All Stars. We had connecting rooms at Pop and also at CBR.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #914
MickMan
DIS Veteran

All you can do is ask for a connecting room.
But remember there are no gaurantees of getting a connecting room.

When we have requested a connecting room and not goten it our rooms have always been right next to each other at least.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #915
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking Connecting rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
All you can do is ask for a connecting room.
But remember there are no gaurantees of getting a connecting room.

When we have requested a connecting room and not goten it our rooms have always been right next to each other at least.
I do remember when we went after Christmas, we couldn't get connecting rooms with the in-laws. That all depends what season you go as well. Value is almost guarenteed, but Peak is not, also if you call and ask way in advance, you'll probably luck out. Like MickMan said, there are no guarentees on Connecting Rooms. Have a Magical Day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: