Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #886
DisneyCrazy2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyjo.411 View Post
Anyone going to DW in April? We are staying at All-Star Sports and have requested the Homerun Hotel. Any comments? Concerns? My son is 9 and my husband acts 9 (HA!) and they both are really into sports (especially baseball), so I am hoping I chose the right place!! I am super excited!!
We are also going in April and staying at the All-Star Sports. I think you will be very happy at this resort. It is a lot of fun and very convenient.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #887
Luis Rodriguez
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Anyone going to DW in April? We are staying at All-Star Sports and have requested the Homerun Hotel. Any comments? Concerns? My son is 9 and my husband acts 9 (HA!) and they both are really into sports (especially baseball), so I am hoping I chose the right place!! I am super excited!!
StacyJo,

We stayed there on our last visit to WDW (Sept. 2008) at the "Visitors" building. I found it real nice and quiet, as we were somewhat apart from the pools, which could get a little noisy at night. The only minor point is that is a little afar from the food court and the bus stop. No problem walking, but be sure to not forget anything at your room :-) (Most of the times, it is Dad who has to get back to to the room so, yes, I did the walk...)

We loved our stay at Sports. Clean room, nice staff and it was the first bus stop either arriving or departing for the parks!!

Enjoy your trip!! I'm sure that your two kids (both the big and the small) will like the theming, just keep them away from the store

Regards,

Luis
Luis Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #888
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

FREE Fridge Swap at All Star Resorts

Just a friendly reminder that we have some upcoming dates available in our FREE fridge swap at the All Stars.

OPEN: March 24 - April 1
April 5-10
May 17-20
June 12-19

It's never too late to join. For more information or to join, click on the link in my signature below or send me a private message.

Gina
Old 03-23-2010, 07:47 AM   #889
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
We stayed in the Homerun hotel for 9 days last August. We are also big BB fans and we loved it. I was a little nervous when we first arrived - we were given a room on the first floor right in front of the pool. I was pleasantly surprised that it was not overly noisy. There was only one evening when people used the pool past the specified time and they were quickly asked to leave by the staff. We had a great time at Sports!!
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #890
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are sports fans then you will enjoy AS Sports. The pool by the homerun hotel is less used than the surf's up pool by the main buildings. Enjoy your stay!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #891
adaygaby
DIS Veteran

My son and I will be staying at AllStar Sports in November and requested the Homerun Hotel since my son plays baseball.

Is the Grand Slam Pool heated? Or just the Surfboard Bay Pool?
11/2006 CSR
05/1995 All-Star Music (HS Senior Trip)

adaygaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #892
mreid1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We are staying there in April too.. When in April you going?? They will love the resort.. We stayed there last year this time and loved it.. We were in the Homerun building 9.. It was perfect!!! So i know you guys will enjoy it!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #893
stacyjo.411
Earning My Ears

We are so excited! Our son has no clue yet that we're going, it's his Easter surprise! HA! We will be there from the 16th-22nd
stacyjo.411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #894
stacyjo.411
Earning My Ears

Thank you Luis! Well the little one doesn't know about it yet but he will be so excited when he gets his Easter surprise! Glad to know the rooms are clean, especially since we have never been there before!
stacyjo.411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #895
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you Luis! Well the little one doesn't know about it yet but he will be so excited when he gets his Easter surprise! Glad to know the rooms are clean, especially since we have never been there before!
I have stayed at this resort several times and have always loved it- no complaints.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #896
eeyore#5
Mouseketeer

So glad I found this thread. I'll be taking the DBF for his first trip in February 2011 and have decided on ASSp for the Homerun Hotel. He is a fan of baseball. What is the best building for staying here? Also what are the crowds like in February?

eeyore#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #897
MickMan
DIS Veteran

I have not stayed in the Home Run section. Hopefully someone can tell you what building is best.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #898
JustMe3
Earning My Ears

I'm staying with my two kids ages 6 and 9. I'm looking for recommendations as far as location. I was thinking that maybe I would request a first floor with a view of the pool. Any suggestions?
JustMe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #899
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking All star sports resort

If anyone wants to stay at AS Sports, My family and I have always stayed there and we love it. Now depending on what season you're going will depend on what section you'll want to stay at. Peak season will bring alot of sports attics and you'll have people playing at all hours of the night, like by the 2 football helmets. Other than that, I highly recommend it, my wife and I, along with our 2 DD's stay there when we go on vacation, but the AS Sports restaurant is ok, but could be a little better like, AS Music, AS Movies and Pop Century, never stayed at those resorts but have viewed them on Disneys' sight. I hope I gave a little info on Sports, but anymore questions, I will be happy enough to offer my input.

Halloween At Disney World!!!!!!
Who can ask for anything more?

THEVACATIONFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:40 AM   #900
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking Homerun hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore#5 View Post
So glad I found this thread. I'll be taking the DBF for his first trip in February 2011 and have decided on ASSp for the Homerun Hotel. He is a fan of baseball. What is the best building for staying here? Also what are the crowds like in February?
The very first building we stayed at was the HR section, and going in Feb. will be a good time to go, unless you want to go swimming, since the swimming pool is right there, and the crowd level is very down, that's Value Season. Also, if you don't ask for it, try to get the 1st Fl., being that there are 3 levels. Good luck and Have a Magical Day.

Halloween At Disney World!!!!!!
Who can ask for anything more?

THEVACATIONFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: