Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #76
RJD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo72 View Post
1) Are there for sure hair dryers in the rooms? I have read that they don't, that they do, that they might.

Thanks for starting this thread Mickman!

There are definitely NOT hairdryers in the room (not as of August 07 anyway). Have never been there at Xmas so can't answer the question about decorations. But I can stay we've stayed at Sports twice and enjoyed very much both times. Have fun!
AS Sports 2001
Offsite 2005
AS Sports 2007
RJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #77
december
DIS Veteran

In July 06 we did have hairdryers and an ironing board. I think if they are not in your room you can request them from mousekeeping.
december is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #78
robynv
Mouseketeer

I'm just back from sports.

I have to say even though I didn't like my room location (hoops building 3) I had a great time. We DID have a hairdryer it was on the shelf thing by the sink.

The food court was great for breakfast. The room was clean and busess were on time and easy. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat for the price!
October 2007 4 great days of food and wine with my sister!
June 1-9 2009 Paradise Pier Concierge at Disneyland
robynv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:12 PM   #79
disneymoss
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo72 View Post
Sports has always been at the bottom of my hotel choices (because the theming at other hotels appeals to me more). Like others have said, we didn't have much choice when codes came out, and we will be going there in Dec. After reading this thread, I am getting excited about going!

I have two questions:

1) Are there for sure hair dryers in the rooms? I have read that they don't, that they do, that they might.

2) Are the Christmas decorations all sports themed? The one pic of a tree was so I'm wondering if that is throughout the resort, or if they do the same decorations for all 3 All Star resorts? I hope so because I like it when it's themed to the specific hotel.

Thanks for starting this thread Mickman!

All the decorations at ASSports were sport themed!!!!!!

08/3-08/9/2008 ASSPORTS
11/18-11/26/2006 ASSPORTS
disneymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:02 PM   #80
MeMom
DIS Veteran

The donuts are ready:

And the fruit. Gotta have the fruit!

But where are all the people?

Answer: Asleep! Only crazy people (me) are up this early on a vacation.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:51 PM   #81
MickMan
DIS Veteran

MeMom awesome pics......How come there is never anyone in the pics you take? lol

What was your favorite thing to eat at the food court?

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:45 AM   #82
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
MeMom awesome pics......How come there is never anyone in the pics you take? lol

What was your favorite thing to eat at the food court?
I'm so scary, they all run away!!!

Naah...I just wait until people walk by, if I can, in the day time, and I often go out on picture taking walks early in the morning. Some of my favorites are when I got empty streets at World Showcase one morning this past summer. There are about a bazillion people on Disney property at that moment, but NONE on the streets I'm taking pictures of, and I think that's cool.

If you'd like, check out the Baby and the Tramp link in my signature for lots more pictures of everything Disney. We spent ten days at Pop Century this past summer (2nd stay there), three and a half days on this MNSSHP/birthday trip (2nd stay at Sports), and we will be going at Christmas (Music), spring break (Movies), and back to Pop in June. There are/will be pictures of all of those trips on the Baby and the Tramp TR.

We got a little breakfast at the food court twice this time. It was okay. The eggs were good, actually. I'm always all about the fruit bowls, wherever we are. As long as they have fruit, I'm good. The best thing I've ever eaten at that food court was last summer when I had a cheeseburger that was just perfect. I don't really know if it was just that good, or if it was that good because it was my first meal after getting off the road and onto Disney property. Whatever the reason, it was awesome!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:50 AM   #83
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Wow, I love those pics of the foodcourt! Thanks MeMom!

I was sorta wondering what we'd be offered to eat, and I'm loving all that fruit, that will be perfect for breakfast! It'll set me up nicely before my long days...

How are the prices in the foodcourt?
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #84
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks1984 View Post
Wow, I love those pics of the foodcourt! Thanks MeMom!

I was sorta wondering what we'd be offered to eat, and I'm loving all that fruit, that will be perfect for breakfast! It'll set me up nicely before my long days...

How are the prices in the foodcourt?
There are lots of yummy things in the foodcourt for breakfast. Waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc. I didn't think the prices were outrageous. I saw a lot of people buying kids meals for themselves & that would really cut costs if you aren't a big eater. A kids meal & fruit wouldn't set you back too much. I often bought a banana ($.99) and chocolate croissant (maybe $2.49?) We were on dining plan so I only paid for the banana.

If you want chips, tho, there are full, big bags in the gift shop so don't buy the little bags in the food court when you can get a big bag for not that much more.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:24 AM   #85
DJT
DIS Veteran

MeMom, what time did you go to the food court when it was that empty. We are early risers, too, and usually my DH goes to the food court to get coffee and hot water for tea but he's never said it was THAT empty!

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:05 AM   #86
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
There are lots of yummy things in the foodcourt for breakfast. Waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc. I didn't think the prices were outrageous. I saw a lot of people buying kids meals for themselves & that would really cut costs if you aren't a big eater. A kids meal & fruit wouldn't set you back too much. I often bought a banana ($.99) and chocolate croissant (maybe $2.49?) We were on dining plan so I only paid for the banana.

If you want chips, tho, there are full, big bags in the gift shop so don't buy the little bags in the food court when you can get a big bag for not that much more.
That's a great idea, I'd have never thought of that! I don't need much for breakfast, so I guess the kids meals plus some fruit would be fine for me to start the day.

I'm glad there's a bigger selection aswell, and from the ones you mentioned, the prices don't seem too over the top either, thanks for the info!
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:22 AM   #87
blue_eyes5212
DIS Veteran

I'm lovin' this thread!!! Bring on more pictures!!! I'm trying to decide where to stay in 2008 and I want to stay at Sports (the only value I've not stayed at)!

I love those pictures a few posts back of the food court, so if that poster (or anyone else has more Sports pictures I would love to see them!!!

Also, previous poster, you said you were in hoops section right??? I don't know unless I look at a map, but I'm assuming you didn't like your location because it was far from the busses and food???? I guess it was a standard room. We stayed in a preferred room at POP and were almost the first room you came to when you left the main building, so I probably would pay for preferred again.

Do any of the preferred rooms have king beds??? That would make it a perfect room!!!

Thanks
blue_eyes5212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #88
estherhead
DIS Veteran

IMHO, Hoops & Tennis would be the worse parts of Sports if you don't have a car. Any other sections are either close to the Food Courts, close to a pool, or close to Music which is also great. But Sports wasn't that big (at least to me) so even in Hoops or Tennis you wouldn't be that far from anything. Plus, I thought Tennis was really, really cute. Basketball is the only sport I don't really like so I wouldn't like being far away & in a sport I don't like. Dh, on the other hand, said he wouldn't want to stay in football because it was too bright and right in the middle of everything and there were no quiet spots. It made him nervous even walking past it! But lost of people love both sections.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #89
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Here is a link with the menu and prices for the foodcourt at All Star Sports.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.ID=345

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #90
RJD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
IMHO, Hoops & Tennis would be the worse parts of Sports if you don't have a car. Any other sections are either close to the Food Courts, close to a pool, or close to Music which is also great. But Sports wasn't that big (at least to me) so even in Hoops or Tennis you wouldn't be that far from anything. Plus, I thought Tennis was really, really cute. Basketball is the only sport I don't really like so I wouldn't like being far away & in a sport I don't like. Dh, on the other hand, said he wouldn't want to stay in football because it was too bright and right in the middle of everything and there were no quiet spots. It made him nervous even walking past it! But lost of people love both sections.
We've stayed in Surfs Up and Hoops. The most recent time, Hoops, in the back. It wasn't really a far walk to the food court/buses (we didn't have a car). Basketball is actually my least favorite sport too! But I thought the building was very cute and bright (color-wise). We thought we would want to stay in the baseball bldg, but one night we were at the pool over there and it was very bright and very noisy. So that changed my mind about the baseball bldg.
AS Sports 2001
Offsite 2005
AS Sports 2007
RJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: