Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-11-2010, 09:01 AM   #871
MickMan
DIS Veteran
 
MickMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 591

The food court was never that busy when we where there and that was at the end of POP Warner....
__________________




MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #872
jennyf2
DIS Veteran
 
jennyf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 4 miles from DISNEY
Posts: 1,115

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazy2 View Post
Does All-Star Sports show movies and have pool games like All-Star Music??
I'm pretty sure they do This is what I found playing this month.

Poolside Movie Schedule-March 2010.

Sunday Meet the Robinsons
Monday Vote for The Game Plan, Bedtime Stories, or Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Tuesday Bolt / 16th Princess and the Frog
Wednesday Vote for The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, or Wall-E
Thursday G-Force
Friday 5th, 12th Mystery Movie / 19th, 26th Princess and the Frog
Saturday UP


**Everytime we have stayed at the ASSports we have stayed in the football building.....What building is closest to the main pool? I'm going to try to request a room close to the main pool/1st level/connecting room with my sister & her 2 boys--(asking alot I know )
__________________
Single FLORIDA Mom to 2 GREAT boys
Me (41) DS (20) DS (13)
# of trips---14 & counting

Now living 10 minutes from DISNEY
jennyf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #873
MickMan
DIS Veteran
 
MickMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 591

Surf's up is the closest building to the main pool
__________________




MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #874
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western, NY
Posts: 1,648

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
Surf's up is the closest building to the main pool
You will have to pay extra to stay in Surf's up though. That is the preferred section. We were just at Sports at the end of February and stayed in the front of the Basketball section. I didn't think the walk was bad at all.
__________________
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11



DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #875
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbell60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 3,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYNY View Post
You will have to pay extra to stay in Surf's up though. That is the preferred section. We were just at Sports at the end of February and stayed in the front of the Basketball section. I didn't think the walk was bad at all.

How far was the walk from the basketball section compared to something at Pop or All Star Music? We stayed at Pop in the 50s building with the jukebox and the 70s building with the Big Wheel. At AS Music we were in Broadway. I am trying to figure out if AS Sports is smaller than those.
__________________
tinkerbell60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #876
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
How far was the walk from the basketball section compared to something at Pop or All Star Music? We stayed at Pop in the 50s building with the jukebox and the 70s building with the Big Wheel. At AS Music we were in Broadway. I am trying to figure out if AS Sports is smaller than those.
I believe all three of the all star resorts are the same size but POP is definitely bigger. The basketball section is right behind the surfs up building, not a long walk at all.
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #877
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!
 
angwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,797

ASports is a lot more compact than POP. I would say to compare the walk to the basketball building would be similar to the backside of the 50's building facing the lake at Pop.
__________________
AngAlWill Angel:
angwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #878
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbell60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 3,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post
I believe all three of the all star resorts are the same size but POP is definitely bigger. The basketball section is right behind the surfs up building, not a long walk at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
ASports is a lot more compact than POP. I would say to compare the walk to the basketball building would be similar to the backside of the 50's building facing the lake at Pop.
Thanks for the feedback - I am debating if we should request a location.
__________________
tinkerbell60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #879
tsmack78
Mouseketeer
 
tsmack78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisiana!
Posts: 106

1st Time to stay at a Value....Tell me great things about Sports!

This is our first stay at a Value. I want to know any great things about Sports. It looks like a very fun Resort. Thanks in advance for the info.
__________________
Me DH DS DD
1990: off property; 6/2003: Grosvener; 4/2006 :Windsor Hills Resort; 1/2008: Westgate Resort;
8/2008: CBR;
11/2008: POR (Riverside);
11/2009: POR (Riverside);
11/2010: POR (Riverside);
7/2011: Windsor Hills Resort for son's baseball world series
tsmack78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #880
tsmack78
Mouseketeer
 
tsmack78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisiana!
Posts: 106

Me again

I am thinking about Touchdown Building 10. I want to be close to the buses and main house. Is that a good location? Anyone go to Sports during Thanksgiving? This is my 3 Thanksgiving in a row and the past 2 times I stayed at Port Of Orleans Riverside b/c of having 5 people. This year just me and my family. DH's first trip during the Christmas holiday, we are very excited for him to see Disney in Christmas Spirit! Also hoping and praying to catch MMCP on our last day. Waiting on those days to come out.
__________________
Me DH DS DD
1990: off property; 6/2003: Grosvener; 4/2006 :Windsor Hills Resort; 1/2008: Westgate Resort;
8/2008: CBR;
11/2008: POR (Riverside);
11/2009: POR (Riverside);
11/2010: POR (Riverside);
7/2011: Windsor Hills Resort for son's baseball world series
tsmack78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #881
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmack78 View Post
I am thinking about Touchdown Building 10. I want to be close to the buses and main house. Is that a good location? Anyone go to Sports during Thanksgiving? This is my 3 Thanksgiving in a row and the past 2 times I stayed at Port Of Orleans Riverside b/c of having 5 people. This year just me and my family. DH's first trip during the Christmas holiday, we are very excited for him to see Disney in Christmas Spirit! Also hoping and praying to catch MMCP on our last day. Waiting on those days to come out.
Building ten is right to the left of the food court and a very short walk to everything. AS Sports will be the first to pick up and drop off for the busses, most of the time you will share a bus with the other two allstar resorts. I have always enjoyed my stay at this resort.
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #882
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran
 
ShhhQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Posts: 1,827

This will be our first time staying at ASSp (2 previous trips at Pop) and will have to pick up my ECV at the luggage station. Looking at the map, I do not see this labeled on the main building and was wondering where exactly it is. At Pop, we ended up in the closest building to this, and it was extremely handy. So I was just curious where it was located at the ASSp.
__________________
Is it September yet?

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
ShhhQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #883
DJT
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 2,303

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmack78 View Post
I am thinking about Touchdown Building 10. I want to be close to the buses and main house. Is that a good location? Anyone go to Sports during Thanksgiving? This is my 3 Thanksgiving in a row and the past 2 times I stayed at Port Of Orleans Riverside b/c of having 5 people. This year just me and my family. DH's first trip during the Christmas holiday, we are very excited for him to see Disney in Christmas Spirit! Also hoping and praying to catch MMCP on our last day. Waiting on those days to come out.
The only downside to that building is that during the night the trucks come in with supplies and they are outside that building unloading and their beeping sounds (when backing up I guess) kept us awake at times. We liked Football 7 building better for that reason.

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #884
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbell60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 3,017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
The only downside to that building is that during the night the trucks come in with supplies and they are outside that building unloading and their beeping sounds (when backing up I guess) kept us awake at times. We liked Football 7 building better for that reason.

Donna

That is good to know - we will be driving, and Football 7 seems closer to the parking lot too.
__________________
tinkerbell60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #885
stacyjo.411
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3

First Trip in April

Anyone going to DW in April? We are staying at All-Star Sports and have requested the Homerun Hotel. Any comments? Concerns? My son is 9 and my husband acts 9 (HA!) and they both are really into sports (especially baseball), so I am hoping I chose the right place!! I am super excited!!
stacyjo.411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: