Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #781
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Im a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,649

i'm gonna be in touchdown also...

WOOT......!!



Lacy, aren't you the homie that will be at Kona on saturday the 3rd when i will be there?


i went to home depot and have all my LGMH......
they'll be taped on my door.

i'm almost tempted to start a thread called, disers at all stars in early october.

i'm going to st louis in the morning to see the parental units.
no computer access as they still live in the dark ages.

will see you all next week.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #782
lacy1101
DIS Veteran
 
lacy1101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: South Central Kentucky
Posts: 1,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i'm gonna be in touchdown also...

WOOT......!!



Lacy, aren't you the homie that will be at Kona on saturday the 3rd when i will be there?
Well, I was, but now we've changed our Kona date to Friday, October 9. We'll be at 1900 Park Fare on the 3rd (my daughter really wanted to fit in a couple of character meals). Seems like we were going to be at Narcoossee's at the same time, though. We're there on Sunday, October 4, at 7:55 p.m. You?
__________________

Oct. 94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. 99 All-Star Music * Oct. 02 All-Star Movies * Oct. 05 Pop Century * March 08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October 09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 TBD (Christmas w/daughter in DCP)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #783
MagiKitty

I'm in shape...shaped like a pear on two sticks
 
MagiKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 7,140

Morning! Finally got a decent deal on a rental car. managed to bring it down $50--justifies my MNSSHP tix!

Have to take a run to the Home Depot and look for LGMH. Didn't put in a room request, so have no idea where we'll be put. But I'll make something and put it on our door!

Are y'all eating breakfast at Kona? Just switched some ressies the other day and am doing this for the first time. What do you recommend? Read a lot about Tonga Toast, but it seems too sweet even for me....traded out CM. Didn't feel like a buffet to start the day. We'll be there 10/1---easy day for MNSSHP!
__________________


MagiKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #784
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder
 
eeyoregon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 5,328

27 more days!! I'm starting to pull stuff out of the "vacation closet"!

Perhaps it was already discussed but how do you request a particular building in advance?

Gina
__________________
Me 42 (Gina) , DS 20 (Hayden) , DS 17 (Jensen)
eeyoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #785
pixidust princess
Mouseketeer
 
pixidust princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 405

eeyoregon, I requested Touchdown when I made my ressie and will fax a request about a week before.

I have pulled my vacation "stuff" out also. I have packed things, but no clothes yet. I might start with shoes and swimwear today.

Getting really excited!!!!
__________________
medhds14 ds11

July 17-24, 2006-Our fabulous family trip to AKL!

October 3-10, 2009-Our fabulous family trip to All Star Sport!

pixidust princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #786
mncollyer
Mouseketeer
 
mncollyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Burton on Trent, UK
Posts: 82

Thumbs up

Just back from our two weeks had a great time , we were in tennis 5109 ground floor about as far from the reception, pool, breakfast and buses as we could be but right by the car park, it was extremely quiet compared to the areas around the facilities.
We could not believe the amount of critters we saw, lizards everywhere, squirrels, rabbits, a 3ft black snake, an alligator and turtles in the lake behind tennis and basketball, grasshoppers the size of your hand and an armadillo by the main pool at the corner near the Mickey statue.
The alligator was about 3-4ft long but as soon as you went to the lake it swam over to you.
I would not want a room that backs onto the lake area (rear of a Basketball and Tennis block) after seeing all the swampy areas around there, who knows what could be lurking in there....

Mark

Last edited by mncollyer; 09-05-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Spelling
mncollyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #787
MickMan
DIS Veteran
 
MickMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 590

mncollyer glad you had a great time.

What did you think of the walk from your room to the food court?
Was it a long walk, short or not too bad?
__________________




MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #788
mncollyer
Mouseketeer
 
mncollyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Burton on Trent, UK
Posts: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
mncollyer glad you had a great time.

What did you think of the walk from your room to the food court?
Was it a long walk, short or not too bad?
I would say 3 to 4 minutes at a slowish pace

Mark
mncollyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #789
MickMan
DIS Veteran
 
MickMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 590

Quote:
Originally Posted by mncollyer View Post
I would say 3 to 4 minutes at a slowish pace

Mark
So not a bad walk then?
__________________




MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #790
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,568

Just got back from our first stay at Sports.

I have a bit of a mixed review.

1) Our location was awesome. (Building 10, rooms 160 and 161) We had the connecting rooms we requested for dh and I and kids, and were in the Touchdown section, facing the football field, and closer to the main hall than many of the preferred.

2) My Mom and SIL were NOT in the same hallway as us. In fact, they were on the other side of the other wing of the same bldg.
Our last trip (Pop Cent.) they managed to keep us together.
It was a bit of a pain not to be together. The first CM my SIL talked to was unwilling to try and change anything. The CM I had at check-in attempted to move them near us, but nothing was open. They ended up being fine with it and stayed.

3) We were swamped with sports teams -- baseball, softball, volleyball, and field hockey, and they were running around the Football field to 1 am screaming. Once I was asleep, I was asleep, but the noise was really bad.
One night there was even a MARCHING BAND that was playing loudly at 11:30 at night. Yikes!

4) The food court was great, mousekeeping was great, room was in good repair, except for a few paint dings from the swinging lock, and we liked the surf's up and kiddie pool very much.

Based on the sports teams alone, Sports will not be our first choice in the future. But should we end up there, we'd be fine with it.

Happy to answer any questions!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #791
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Im a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacy1101 View Post
Well, I was, but now we've changed our Kona date to Friday, October 9. We'll be at 1900 Park Fare on the 3rd (my daughter really wanted to fit in a couple of character meals). Seems like we were going to be at Narcoossee's at the same time, though. We're there on Sunday, October 4, at 7:55 p.m. You?
i switched the 4th to Tony's since MK will be open to midnight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidust princess View Post
eeyoregon, I requested Touchdown when I made my ressie and will fax a request about a week before.

I have pulled my vacation "stuff" out also. I have packed things, but no clothes yet. I might start with shoes and swimwear today.

Getting really excited!!!!
i had to go out of town to st louis and see my parental units for 8 days
now back and 19 days out from the motherland trip.

i have nothing done or even started yet.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Just got back from our first stay at Sports.

I have a bit of a mixed review.

1) Our location was awesome. (Building 10, rooms 160 and 161) We had the connecting rooms we requested for dh and I and kids, and were in the Touchdown section, facing the football field, and closer to the main hall than many of the preferred.

2) My Mom and SIL were NOT in the same hallway as us. In fact, they were on the other side of the other wing of the same bldg.
Our last trip (Pop Cent.) they managed to keep us together.
It was a bit of a pain not to be together. The first CM my SIL talked to was unwilling to try and change anything. The CM I had at check-in attempted to move them near us, but nothing was open. They ended up being fine with it and stayed.

3) We were swamped with sports teams -- baseball, softball, volleyball, and field hockey, and they were running around the Football field to 1 am screaming. Once I was asleep, I was asleep, but the noise was really bad.
One night there was even a MARCHING BAND that was playing loudly at 11:30 at night. Yikes!


4) The food court was great, mousekeeping was great, room was in good repair, except for a few paint dings from the swinging lock, and we liked the surf's up and kiddie pool very much.

Based on the sports teams alone, Sports will not be our first choice in the future. But should we end up there, we'd be fine with it.

Happy to answer any questions!
in reference to #3, that happened to me one time last year.
i called the front desk two times.
they came and made everyone leave the field.

the signs on the football field state quiet hours are from 10 pm to 7 am.

they will enforce it if a guest calls and complains.

i'm sorry you had to go through that noise.
it is awful being woke up from a sleep or not being able to get to sleep.

__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #792
Zeldy2
Earning My Ears
 
Zeldy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 36

Talking

Will be staying here with my little sister from 3th oct to 10th oct
Our First trip to Walt Disney, I hope it's a great resort as I read many mixed reviews, i'm starting to be afraid ^^''' I hope that at least we'll be able to relax a bit with all these reviews about sports teams O_o And a little question I'm sorry if this has been asked already, i don't feel like browsing trough 53 pages >.<, I'm supposed to have a preffered room so in wich building am i going to be, if Preffered rooms are in a specific builing ^^'

Thanks! ^^
__________________
ASsports - Oct 2009 // CSR May 2011 (Disneymoon)
Next trip in..... 4 years? Really?
Zeldy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #793
mlittig
DIS Veteran
 
mlittig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Massachusetts
Posts: 5,347

Hi Zeldy2,
Don't worry, you will love it. You will be in one of the two Surf's Up buildings. They are very close to the food court, pool and the bus stop. My adult daughter and I stayed there in August (our first time in a value) and we absolutely loved it Make sure you walk around and enjoy all the building themes. Picture a three story tennis racket and surfboard All the rooms in the buildings have been renovated and our room in Surf's Up building 6 was just super I have a lot of pictures to post. Had to get a new computer and just went back to school (I'm a teacher) so haven't had the time lately. But it is on my list of things to do
__________________



5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #794
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder
 
eeyoregon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 5,328

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
3) We were swamped with sports teams -- baseball, softball, volleyball, and field hockey, and they were running around the Football field to 1 am screaming. Once I was asleep, I was asleep, but the noise was really bad.
One night there was even a MARCHING BAND that was playing loudly at 11:30 at night. Yikes!
Every time I walk thru the football field I always think to myself that I would never book one of "those" rooms...for the exact reasons mentioned above.

Last year I wasn't feeling very well early one morning and I walked to the food court at about 6:00am to get some 7-up. There was a football team holding a full practice on the "field". Whistles blowing, coaches yelling, players grunting, etc. I would NOT have been a happy camper if that was outside my room!!

Thanks for your review Disneymom5!
__________________
Me 42 (Gina) , DS 20 (Hayden) , DS 17 (Jensen)
eeyoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #795
MickMan
DIS Veteran
 
MickMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 590

The last time I was there it was quiet. We stayed in football facing the middle and did not hear anything at all. So I guess it all depends on who is there.
__________________




MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: