Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #661
Stephanie VanMeter
Mouseketeer

Strange question, but does anyone know if they serve whole milk in the food court. Our extended party will have a one year old that needs whole milk.
Stephanie VanMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #662
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie VanMeter View Post
Strange question, but does anyone know if they serve whole milk in the food court. Our extended party will have a one year old that needs whole milk.
Yes, I got it for DD. But it's better to get it from the gift shop! Food court is a small carton, the store is a plastic jug with twice as much milk and I think it's the same price.
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #663
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
We had a mickey head on our bed for our last two trips.
We had one in November too!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #664
lpbargains
Earning My Ears

Read almost the whole thread. Learned a lot. THanks to all the contributed. Staying here next month.
lpbargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #665
amreli
Mouseketeer

We just got from All Star Sports a couple weeks ago and loved it! We were in the Touchdown section and while Sports wasn't our first choice, it ended up being great. The buses were quick (only twice did we have a long wait, ie 30 min or so). The rooms were nice and clean. The only complaint we had was that the front desk was so slow and we had to deal with them several times, but other than that we loved Sports!

2001 Caribbean Beach/Disney Wonder - Disneymoon; 2004 Pop Century - Marathon Weekend, just watching!; 2009 All Star Sports - Marathon Weekend, ran the 1/2! Read the TR - Surviving Disney & the Half Marathon!

amreli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #666
MickMan
DIS Veteran

The front desk at most of the Disney resorts seem to be a little on the slow side.. Not always but most of the time.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #667
DisneyPoohBear
Mouseketeer

Yay!! We will be back to Sports in July. Does anyone have any pictures of the food court area that was under renovation? We were there in September and I was just curious to see.

DisneyPoohBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #668
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey guys and gals! We are currently booked for a ten day stay at Pop Century. We normally stay at the CBR and have never stayed at a value resort.

We visited Pop during our 2008 CBR stay just to see what the resort was like. Well, I know this sounds crazy but I wish we hadn't gone to Pop. I feel like some of the magic and excitement of pulling into a resort for the very first time is gone. So, we are now considering a possible stay at one of the value resorts.

I have a few questions:

1) I've read that the three All Star resorts share a bus system. How does that work? Does it take long to reach the theme parks?

2) How's the food court? We won't be eating at the food court every day but I we do like to eat a meal or two there.

3) How's the storage room in the rooms? We will be there for 10 days/9 nights and I refuse to do laundry while there so we'll have a good bit of luggage.

4) We like to spend a down day at the resort. What are some things to do around the resort?

I appreciate your help in my decision making process.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #669
Chkultr
Mouseketeer! Day One D23 Charter Year Member! Shareholder!

Let me ask...

If the reason they are closing down Pop is because it is not Disney enough...Then why do they not do the same to the Music and Sports? I really do not see what the fuss is all about. I really enjoyed looking at all the toys and games I grew up with and walking around reading the info. I felt right at home. Just like I do when I stay at the other value resorts. What ever they do to the Pop resort I will be excited to see!

The only Disney value resort is the Movies. After all that is what Disney is known for....

IMHO I think Pop is just as Disney as the other Value resorts..... I like all the value resorts. Although we have gone back to the movies the last few times.
2002 DASMO 2004 Pop Century 2005 Backstage Tour (honeymoon)
2006 Pop Century 2007 Pop Century (April inline marathon)
2007 DASMU (Oct) 2008 DASMU (Oct) Dive Quest (Oct) 2010 DASMU Dive Quest
Food & Wine Fest FAN!
Chkultr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #670
DisneyPoohBear
Mouseketeer

The busses stopped first at Sports for drop off and pick up then onto the other values. Animal Kingdom was closer then the other parks so it didn't take long although I don't remember it taking more than 20 minutes to the other parks. We were there in September and it seemed pretty quiet compared to the other times we've been. The food court was good. They have lots of options but it can be expensive. There is not a lot of storage in the rooms. There was a dresser and hangers but I brought my own hanging storage unit for our bathroom items and it helped a lot. We weren't at the resort very much but we did swim. Other than that I don't believe there is much else to do. There was construction when we were there so they may have a game room now but not 100% on that. It seems like most people don't want to stay there and that is another reason I liked it.

DisneyPoohBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #671
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

After reading a few of the pages in this thread, I'm getting quite excited for my stay at Sports. I had originally booked at Pop, but when I decided to add an extra day, Pop was full, so I had to move over to Sports.

After some disappointment because I was looking forward to another stay at Pop and the frozen slushies there, I've seen enough pictures on this board that I'm more excited about staying at Sports than I was for the return trip to Pop.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #672
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

What i this about closing Pop??? I am staying there in May and have not heard anything aout it closing I did hear they were looking at re theming it ,which Ithink is crazy !! I will be at AlStars in Sept for my first time !! Tis thread has helped alleviate some of my concrns ! I love Pop ad was talked into Sorts by others intheSept gang!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #673
MickMan
DIS Veteran

I am glad this thread helped you with your concerns.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:48 PM   #674
blairbear
Mouseketeer

DH and I are staying here for free dining. I have been reading through the thread so I am sorry if you all have addressed this question already. What is the best non-preferred building to request?

Thank you,

blairbear

~2009 - All Star Music
~2010 - All Star Sports/Dolphin
~2012 - POP
~2013 - Yacht Club CL

2013 Pre-Trip Report
blairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #675
amreli
Mouseketeer

IMO, request the Touchdown building! I think part of the Touchdown buildings are preferred, but not the entire thing. At least that's what they told us at check-in when we requested the Touchdown building for our trip in January. It was was so convenient because it was the closest non-preferred to the main building making it a short trip to the bus stop and food court for all those mug refills. Plus, we were right by the quieter pool. We loved it and would definitely stay there again.

Have fun during free dining!! I wish I were going back.

2001 Caribbean Beach/Disney Wonder - Disneymoon; 2004 Pop Century - Marathon Weekend, just watching!; 2009 All Star Sports - Marathon Weekend, ran the 1/2! Read the TR - Surviving Disney & the Half Marathon!

amreli is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: