Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2008, 08:07 AM   #646
MickMan
DIS Veteran

We had a mickey head on our bed for our last two trips.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #647
eemmie1
DIS Veteran

Do they have a coffee pot and hairdryer in the room?
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2008, 05:44 AM   #648
Luis Rodriguez
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemmie1 View Post
Do they have a coffee pot and hairdryer in the room?
Hairdryer, yes; coffee pot, no.

Regards,

Luis
Luis Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #649
Mrsgrumpy2000
Mouseketeer

We stayed 6 days last week and no mickey head for us. Room is basic, no frills, but a great value. No gentlemen on my bus either... only kind ladies gave up their seat.
Mrsgrumpy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #650
iluvmyfamily
Earning My Ears

Would we be crazy to buy cheap coffee pot for our room? We have asked for a room in the Hoops section on top floor...is it a long walk to the food court? Thanks for advice!!!

3rd family trip to Disneyland - August 2010
1st Family trip to WDW - March 10, 2009
1st family trip to Disneyland - May 2002
2nd family trip to Disneyland for daughter's dance show - November 2006
iluvmyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:43 AM   #651
applechips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyfamily View Post
Would we be crazy to buy cheap coffee pot for our room? We have asked for a room in the Hoops section on top floor...is it a long walk to the food court? Thanks for advice!!!
no not crazy, we brought our coffee pot from home and it was great having my own fresh coffee in the room everyday. Disney's coffee is awful, truly. Sad to say.

Caribbean Beach Resort Dec 10-15, 2010 | Nov 28 ASMu then November 29 to December 4, 2009 Polynesian!!! | ASSports Dec. 13-20, 2008|Off site Cypress Pointe (never again!) & ASMusic Oct. 7-11, 2008|ASMovies Dec. 2-5, 2007 |Offsite, Windsor Hills Oct. 2007|ASMusic & Poly Sept. 2007|Offsite--Doubletree, April 2007|ASMovies, & Poly, Concierge MKView!, Dec. 2006 |Pop Century & Contemporary Resort Tower--Dec. 2005 | Pirate Cake at GF Breakfast Sept. 2007 | Cinderella Cake at 1900Park Fare, December 2008
applechips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 AM   #652
applechips
DIS Veteran

Mini trip report All Star Sports

This was our 8th trip to WDW but our first time at the All Star Sports. We stayed from Dec 13 to Dec 21, 2008. Same layout of course, as the other All Stars, and everything was great at the resort. We were in Building 10, Touchdown and on the 2nd floor, rooms 202 and 203 (handicapable room for my Mom and Dad). There seems to be a problem with the showers leaking even when they are turned off and they drip constantly so that was a little annoying. We drove down to WDW and brought a fan so we didn't hear it much but my parents heard their handicap shower drip all night and it drove them crazy. My mom rigged the showerhead to lay on a towel and just run onto the towel on the floor near the drain so that it wouldn't drip and annoy them. LOL. Also the sink drain in room 202 is not the best and you can't turn on the water full blast or the sink will fill up. yuk. Besides that, nothing wrong with the rooms, they were clean and as expected from the All Stars.

What we do to make the room more efficient for us, is we move the nightstand out from the center of the beds and push the beds together up against the wall. Its kind of a pain to do this but the end result for us is much better. It allows us to have a huge gigantic bed for all 4 of us to sleep in without a child rolling off onto the floor in the middle of the night, and it creates more space up near the front of the room by the door to accomodate a fridge, luggage, and anything else we bring with us.

We had a Mickey head on our beds when we arrived. We didn't get maid service during the trip but they gladly brought a bag of towels and shampoo and roll of toilet paper for us everyday without even asking. They just left it on the door for us. I did tip the maid though at the end of the trip by leaving some cash in a premade Mousekeeping envelope that I created at home. I got the envelope idea from one of the designers on the design board here at the DIS. It said "You are all All Stars, and Thanks for the Mousekeeping!"

We had a view of the big football helmets and the football field. There is quite a bit of foot traffic in that football field, its between the two pools and on the way to the food court for many people, but we didn't mind. We like to people watch! It was a really short walk to the food court, and to the two pools and we enjoyed being so close.

The resort was rather crowded midweek and toward the weekend. We drove our car to the parks everyday so we didn't use the bus system so I can't comment on that. As I mentioned in another thread above, we brought our own coffee pot and enjoyed our own coffee daily.

I did use the laundry room one night because my daughter and son got sick (vomiting) . The laundry took about an hour, the washers are quick but the dryers take a long time. Some of those dryers did not work too well (dryer #1 on the bottom left side).

We did a fridge swap and so we had a fridge in our room and we also did a xmas tree swap and had a little tree in the room for the holidays. The tree made it so nice and cozy!

Overall the stay at the All Star Sports was great and I would stay here again.

Here are some pictures I took:

Thanks for reading!!

Caribbean Beach Resort Dec 10-15, 2010 | Nov 28 ASMu then November 29 to December 4, 2009 Polynesian!!! | ASSports Dec. 13-20, 2008|Off site Cypress Pointe (never again!) & ASMusic Oct. 7-11, 2008|ASMovies Dec. 2-5, 2007 |Offsite, Windsor Hills Oct. 2007|ASMusic & Poly Sept. 2007|Offsite--Doubletree, April 2007|ASMovies, & Poly, Concierge MKView!, Dec. 2006 |Pop Century & Contemporary Resort Tower--Dec. 2005 | Pirate Cake at GF Breakfast Sept. 2007 | Cinderella Cake at 1900Park Fare, December 2008
applechips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:06 AM   #653
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I do not think it is crazy at all. It almost does not matter how near or far you are from the food court. We had a small coffee pot - it was so convenient and better tasting than the food court coffee. I know I have seen them at Wal Mart for under $10.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #654
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
as others have said, not crazy! I have to have my coffee first thing, so while I'm getting ready I have my cup of coffee and don't bother the others by going out the door. I bought a small 4 cup at Walmart a couple years ago and take it whenever I stay somewhere that doesn't have one. It has more then paid for the $10 it cost, I recommend it!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(17) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #655
eemmie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
I do not think it is crazy at all. It almost does not matter how near or far you are from the food court. We had a small coffee pot - it was so convenient and better tasting than the food court coffee. I know I have seen them at Wal Mart for under $10.
Do you just pack it in your suitcase?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #656
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemmie1 View Post
Do you just pack it in your suitcase?
Mine was small enough (4 cup) so I just kept it in the box and put it in my carry on. I think if you bubble wrap the carafe you would be ok. I bought small containers of coffee (regular and decaf) and packed that in the suitcase inside a plastic bag.

We were staying at Pop and it was so nice to have the coffee in the room before we went to breakfast and to have decaf in the evening if we wanted it.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #657
MommyBuzz909
Disneyland Doll

Yay!

After reading 44 pages of posts, I am FINALLY excited about staying here.

I am looking forward to staying here because it seems that in June, it won't be as crowded as places like Pop or ASMo (which are sold out for 6/9-6/16 already). It seems to have a calmer vibe to it and even though you're at Disney, it's not so much Disney IN YOUR FACE, which can be overwhelming at times..... Also, I've heard great things about not having to wait for buses for that long and being the first stop off and on. It seems to be more of a convenient place to rest your head. Plus, from the pictures, everything inside the rooms seems pretty new. I saw a picture of something that resembled a privacy curtain, was I mistaken??

I'd like to see if someone could post more pictures of the food court....even though I'm not that worried, I'd just like to see what I should be prepared for.

Thanks again for making me fall in love with the unexpected!!

Proud DLR fanatic - countless times since '82
Mommy To Andy (DS ALMOST 6)

MommyBuzz909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:15 AM   #658
MickMan
DIS Veteran

They did not have a privacy curtain the last time I was there unless something has changed?

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #659
rogermerkle
Earning My Ears

how close is it to Boardwalk?

We are getting married in April, with the military discounts a lot of people have been booking for resorts outside of our room block. One just booked at All Star Sports and the CM on the phone told him it was walking distance to the Boardwalk Inn. I have never stayed there before but something tells me this is wrong. Can anyone confirm this?
rogermerkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #660
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermerkle View Post
We are getting married in April, with the military discounts a lot of people have been booking for resorts outside of our room block. One just booked at All Star Sports and the CM on the phone told him it was walking distance to the Boardwalk Inn. I have never stayed there before but something tells me this is wrong. Can anyone confirm this?

No - it is definately not walking distance to the BWI. The BWI is close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios while the All Star Resorts are closer to Animal Kingdom.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: