Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #421
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Just got back from 7 night stay at ASsports

& we had a great visit! Love the resort, easy to walk anywhere (compared to the lovely Coronado Springs where you feel like you're on a mile hike to the food court from the themed pool). We stayed in baseball bldg 8 in the back. At first hubby thought we were too far but we loved the privacy. Looking out our room was lovely palms & greenery hiding the parking lot. Very quiet for both afternoon naps & night time sleeping. Baseball pool, laundry, ice machines easy access. A quick walk to the crowded & loud food court, Spirits bar & surf pool.

No lotion in rooms....shampoo & bar soap is provided. There were no soap dispensers in the bathroom showers. A hair dryer provided when plugged in doubles as a night light...we didn't figure that out until last 2 nights when I happened to use the dryer

Near the pools are restrooms attached to the laundries. $2 per wash or dry. Tues 8/12 there was a dispenser with shampoo to use & a free standing container of gel soap in the ladies bath house by the surf pool.

We only ate burgers at food court on arrival & departure day. Very good, grilled when you order but SLOW service (which is why all of us ordered the same thing or else everyone is in a different line - no thxs). You feel like you have to compete to get your food so try to go when others aren't there...but we tend to do a daily TS or 2 & not any CS at parks so perhaps I'm not getting the CS thing. Ordered dry b-fast foods, snacks & beverages from Garden Grocer. Kept us out of the food court which was fine with me!

Bus service was excellent. We never waited more than 20 minutes for a bus going or coming & we did 3 late night EMH, no mornings. Resort is clean, our room was ready early, they allowed a 1pm check out. Mousekeeping efficient. I can't say enough good things about ASsports & this with the resort booked solid!

A final note. Take advantage of the AllStars pool hopping privelege. Being in baseball, a quick walk over the parking lot to ASMusic we swam in the beautifully flowered piano pool & the very fun themed guitar pool. The life guards told me they are doing a pilot there through the end of August with pool activiites starting daily at 2pm. The day we were there a HUGE beach ball (like 5 foot in circumference) was thrown in the pool. That was so much fun. Then a basketball hoop & ball came out. The life guards did the electic slide when shifts changed. Music was piped in. We missed the evening when they set up a 9pm movie you can watch from the pool. So August visitors check it out! Hopefully they will continue this & also start doing this at the themed pools at ASsports & ASMovies as well.

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 PM   #422
hungrygreenhippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum View Post
& we had a great visit! Love the resort, easy to walk anywhere (compared to the lovely Coronado Springs where you feel like you're on a mile hike to the food court from the themed pool). We stayed in baseball bldg 8 in the back. At first hubby thought we were too far but we loved the privacy. Looking out our room was lovely palms & greenery hiding the parking lot. Very quiet for both afternoon naps & night time sleeping. Baseball pool, laundry, ice machines easy access. A quick walk to the crowded & loud food court, Spirits bar & surf pool.
Thanks for the great write-up.
hungrygreenhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #423
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Wow! That's alot of great information. Thanks soooo much for sharing it with us.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:07 PM   #424
MickMan
DIS Veteran

TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum thanks for the review.

Glad you had an awesome time......

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #425
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

We got an awesome discount this morning (thank you, our wonderful TA!!!), but we had to switch from ASMo to ASSp to get the preferred rooms at the discounted price.

So, is there a central post with info about ASSp or should I wade through the 29 pages of posts in this thread instead?
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #426
Rlbren
Mouseketeer

Is the AC on the auto controls that have the motion sensors? We like to stay cool at night and need to know if we have to bypass the controls. Thanks

me dh ddds
Rlbren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:47 PM   #427
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlbren View Post
Is the AC on the auto controls that have the motion sensors? We like to stay cool at night and need to know if we have to bypass the controls. Thanks

Not sure, we like a cold room as well but found our room to be quite comfortable so we never even tried to adjust. And when I say I like a cold room, I'm talking A/C, ceiling fan & floor fan running at home!

You could probably call housekeeping to auto adjust it colder if you like. I'm sure they could accomodate you.

Enjoy your stay!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #428
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
We got an awesome discount this morning (thank you, our wonderful TA!!!), but we had to switch from ASMo to ASSp to get the preferred rooms at the discounted price.

So, is there a central post with info about ASSp or should I wade through the 29 pages of posts in this thread instead?
Click on the "Resorts" link at the top of this page, in blue, and then click on All Star Sports and there will be tons of info for you. With pictures.
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:03 AM   #429
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlbren View Post
You can adjust it yourself. We always do that at night before we go to bed. It stays that way until morning when we adjust it back.

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:01 PM   #430
mal325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Click on the "Resorts" link at the top of this page, in blue, and then click on All Star Sports and there will be tons of info for you. With pictures.
Haha, I never knew that. I'm going to go check it out.
lisalonglash - I also found the very first post in this thread quite helpful & there are quite a few pictures posted I believe on page 13 or so.
1998, 2004 & 2008
mal325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #431
DisneyBarlans
DIS Veteran

We just changed our November trip to All Star Sports from Pop. We got a pretty good AP discount-saved almost $100. The last time we stayed at ASSP a couple of years ago it was very loud. But our room was in Surf's Up-pool view. We're requesting the Football section (bldg. 10) this time, so hopefully it won't be as crazy back there.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #432
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBarlans View Post
We just changed our November trip to All Star Sports from Pop. We got a pretty good AP discount-saved almost $100. The last time we stayed at ASSP a couple of years ago it was very loud. But our room was in Surf's Up-pool view. We're requesting the Football section (bldg. 10) this time, so hopefully it won't be as crazy back there.
We were in Football 10 in April. We'd requested Football, third floor, quiet area. They put us in what would be considered a quiet area, the back side of the building. Any other building it would have been a quiet area but with that building it was where the big delivery trucks came in to the Food Court area making deliveries during the night. We woke up several times from the beeping of the trucks backing up. You know that annoying sound. I'm going to try to avoid Football 10, back side in the future.
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #433
DisneyBarlans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
We were in Football 10 in April. We'd requested Football, third floor, quiet area. They put us in what would be considered a quiet area, the back side of the building. Any other building it would have been a quiet area but with that building it was where the big delivery trucks came in to the Food Court area making deliveries during the night. We woke up several times from the beeping of the trucks backing up. You know that annoying sound. I'm going to try to avoid Football 10, back side in the future.
Thanks for the info!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #434
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum

It is a little farther but we found the backside of Baseball Bldg#8 to be very quiet...for both nights & afternoon naps. Plus you have the advantage of the smaller pool very close & right across the parking lot you can go to the ASMusic pools.

It really wasn't a far walk to the surf pool, spirits bar, food court or bus stops. As a matter of fact, coming from football or baseball you can actually "cut" through the airconditioned foodcourt on your way out or coming back from parks.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #435
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......

wooohoo we will be there Sunday!!

My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833
CarolinaMomOf3boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: