Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #346
pakhowe
Mouseketeer

Nice pics. Less than two months before our wdw vacation!!! We have stayed at allstar movies, but never sports.

If anyone wants in on our fridge swap, you can save alot of money. Plenty of dates still available. Follow the link. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837716

Can't wait!

Kim & Pat
Old 06-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #347
MickMan
DIS Veteran

BridetobeDisney Glad you had a great time and Tinks1984 awesome pics.......

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #348
2tinkerbells
Mouseketeer

Do you know if there is room to store empty suitcases under the bed? We are a family of 4. I usually unpack everything and put it in drawers. Is there room to unpack or will we be living out of suitcases?

DowntownDisneyHotel 10/2011
AllStarSports 9/2008
CBR 9/2007
offsite 1992
offsite 1982
2tinkerbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #349
M2DD's
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tinkerbells View Post
Do you know if there is room to store empty suitcases under the bed? We are a family of 4. I usually unpack everything and put it in drawers. Is there room to unpack or will we be living out of suitcases?
No the bed are bolted to a plat form so nothing can go under the bed. There is a small desser that has 3 or 4 drawers under the tv and a few on the side of it. We unback and then put the suitcases on the top railing of the closet area. They also have a few hangers and sometimes I bring more. Also there is a space between the TV and wall to the closet that has space to set your luggage out of the path to the bathroom. Some more space is also located under the sink. As you can see we utalize every square foot af tht room
Old 06-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #350
2tinkerbells
Mouseketeer

We will have to utilize every inch too. Hopefully my younger DD will not need a packnplay. They just take up too much space.

DowntownDisneyHotel 10/2011
AllStarSports 9/2008
CBR 9/2007
offsite 1992
offsite 1982
2tinkerbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:20 AM   #351
Magalex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridetobeDisney View Post
We got back Friday from our 6 day vacation at Disney. Allstar sports was great. They gave my son stickers and a balloon when we arrived. They made sure we had a king bed so my DS could sleep with us. They even took off the fee for the minifridge because we needed it for DS milk (He's 14 months) The CM considered that medical and there was no charge. Wow! Talk about pixie dust on the first day. A mickey head made out of towels was on our bed when we arrived. The room was adorable, but small. We didn't need a lot of room so that was fine. The bus lines were sometimes long and sometimes not. It depended what time of day you were using the buses and what park you were going to. Obviously if you are going to a park with EMH, the bus would be full. We took the car a few times because it was so hard to fold up the stroller and hold DS plus cooler, camcorder bag, and book bag on the bus. If you stay at a resort you don't have to pay to park at the parks so that was easier for us. My DH didn't mind driving. Plus we lucked out every time we drove. We ended up with a parking space that was close to the entrance, so we never took the tram either. I used the laundry room twice at allstar sports. It is $2 to wash and $2 to dry. On Friday the laundry near the small pool was closed for refurb. so I had to walk to the front one at the big pool. The change machine was broke and I was told by another guest that it had been that way all week. A nice man gave me change so I would not have to go inside the store. The food court was great. There were a bunch of choices for food. However, they did not have sweet tea. I was upset for like a second and then got over it. LOL It was very busy in the mornings but lunch and dinner seemed less hectic. Definitely go in the store to get milk or soda. It's cheaper. There are pastries, omelets, breakfast platters, waffles, and fruit for breakfast. Lunch and dinner have multiple options including pizza, chicken, burgers, salmon, spaghetti, salad, and more. Pizza is available for delivery until midnight. It was big and good but sort of tasted like the grocery store brand pizza. The crust was great which made me think that they made this and had a prepackaged bag of veggies to put on it. A cheese or pepperoni would have been so much better than supreme. One 16 inch pizza was $24 which included taxes and fees. I didn't take pictures of the resort but I have couple with the room in the background. As soon as I load them in photobucket I will post the pics. But overall, the allstar sports is a great resort. If you have any questions I will be happy to try to answer them.
The second week of June is usually the time of year we visit WDW. I was just wondering did you run into any of the large group/sports teams staying at ASSP. Did you have any problems with loud noises during the night? What bldg did you stay at?
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #352
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalex View Post
The second week of June is usually the time of year we visit WDW. I was just wondering did you run into any of the large group/sports teams staying at ASSP. Did you have any problems with loud noises during the night? What bldg did you stay at?
Hi! We stayed in Touchdown 10, I think. I know it was touchdown but that number is sticking out in my head. I loved that building. It was near everything. I did not see any large groups in the hotel and I ate in the food court or went to the store everyday. I only heard a baby crying faintly one night and that was because my own DS1 woke up crying because he is teething. I happen to barely hear another little one. You can hear people if they walk by your room but most people were very respectful if it was late. I have no complaints about the hotel as far as noise or large groups. I hope this helps!!!
BridetobeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #353
Magalex
DIS Veteran

That is great about the resort being quiet. That is the biggest complaint or the reason why people tend to stay away that resort
Magalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #354
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.

Glad there is a thread. Made ressies today for Dec 29th-Jan 2. I haven't stayed here before. I wanted POP again but it was booked solid. I am glad so many of you like this one. I'm not a huge sports fan, will I still have a good time?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #355
chunky_azz
Dance like no one is watching

Very nice pics!
chunky_azz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #356
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenfairy View Post
Glad there is a thread. Made ressies today for Dec 29th-Jan 2. I haven't stayed here before. I wanted POP again but it was booked solid. I am glad so many of you like this one. I'm not a huge sports fan, will I still have a good time?
You will still have fun! I'm not a sports fan either and my DS is still a baby so he doesn't care. But I still thought it was fun having oversized sports stuff all over. We were near the football field with the x and o on it for kids to play on. I loved the small pool. I never got in but I sat at a table while my clothes were washing and drying. It looks like you are at a baseball game because of the stands and lights. It was too cute. I didn't venture any further than where I had to go so I don't know about the rest of the resort. HTH
BridetobeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #357
Hockey Ninja
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I know someone posted it, but it's under the Event/broadcast schedule tab at the top of the page. Find your dates and then click on the event happening on your dates. This will almost always send you to a page that has a link for the event. Go there and look around to find what hotels the group is staying at.

So you've got: USSSA - Baseball Elite World Series Which links you to:
http://usssabaseball.org/the_elite_world_series.htm

You can see the ages and that they all say "Disney" if you click on one of those links it brings you to another page which has another link to the document that lists the groups hotels. When you do that, you see that they are staying at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, not WDW.

It takes digging, but you can find it.

I think its booked up because people are taking advantage of value season before the kids go back to school.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the document on the page you linked is for a meeting being held in November at the Omni. If you dig deeper (click "Baseball" on the horizontal menu bar at the top of that page), it will bring you to this page:
http://www.usssa.com/sports/home.asp?Sport=11
which contains a link to this document about the elite tournament:
http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-gen...avelCenter.pdf

In that document, it lists "recommended hotels." The Disney All-Star Resorts are at the top of the list.

I'm going to go dread my August 4-7 stay at All-Star Sports now.

Briansaurus Rarfalski, Houndrik Zetterdog, and Pavel Dogsyuk

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/crxtog8v9dizj5r6.png[/img]
Hockey Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #358
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Aw, come on....don't dread your stay because of a couple hundred little leaguers

We'll be there in the same boat as you (8/5-12) but still can't wait to get there cuz we're goin' be in Disney

HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

POFQ 2001 ASMovies 2003 CSR 2003 CBR 2004 with Hurricane Francis!
Swan 2005 ASsports 2008 ASMusic 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531836
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #359
poohs_hunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Ninja View Post
I'm going to go dread my August 4-7 stay at All-Star Sports now.
Is there a group scheduled to stay at ASSp in August? What dates? I am currently booked at POP but was considering switching resorts. If a group will be there during my stay, that will knock ASSp out of the running!
Past trips: 7/14 - Honeymoon on the Disney Magic, 11/13 - Art of Animation, 6/13 - Caribbean Beach *Engaged!* , 6/12 - Pop Century & the Disney Fantasy, 7/11 - Coronado Springs, 7/10 - Pop Century, 7/09 - Caribbean Beach & the Disney Wonder, 8/08 - Pop Century, 10/07 Disneyland, 6/07 Caribbean Beach, 8/06 Pop Century, 8/05 Caribbean Beach, 5/04 Pop Century, 5/02 Offsite, 5/98 Offsite
poohs_hunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #360
poohs_hunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohs_hunny View Post
Is there a group scheduled to stay at ASSp in August? What dates? I am currently booked at POP but was considering switching resorts. If a group will be there during my stay, that will knock ASSp out of the running!
OK - I just read the the Elite World Series begins on 8/3. Does anyone know when it ends? I'd be arriving on the 12th. Thanks!
Past trips: 7/14 - Honeymoon on the Disney Magic, 11/13 - Art of Animation, 6/13 - Caribbean Beach *Engaged!* , 6/12 - Pop Century & the Disney Fantasy, 7/11 - Coronado Springs, 7/10 - Pop Century, 7/09 - Caribbean Beach & the Disney Wonder, 8/08 - Pop Century, 10/07 Disneyland, 6/07 Caribbean Beach, 8/06 Pop Century, 8/05 Caribbean Beach, 5/04 Pop Century, 5/02 Offsite, 5/98 Offsite
poohs_hunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: