Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2008, 12:37 PM   #331
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2DD's View Post
I'm confused I don't see the calender. Can you help me figure out whats going on August 5 through the 10th. All the values are booked. There isn't any rooms available
Aug 1 - Aug 3 Challenge Sports 3v3 National Championships
Aug 3 - Aug 10 USSSA - Baseball Elite World Series
Aug 15 - Aug 17 USSSA Men's Military World Series
Aug 15 - Aug 17 USSSA Men's A World Series
Aug 16 - Aug 23 International Police and Fire Games
Aug 22 - Aug 24 Disney's Last Chance Challenge
Aug 28 - Aug 30 KSA Field Hockey Fall Classic
Aug 28 - Aug 30 KSA Game of the Week I
Aug 28 - Aug 30 KSA Classic Volleyball Tournament
Aug 29 - Sep 1 Disney's Turn Back the Clock Weekend
Aug 29 - Sep 1 Disney's Soccer Showcase Qualifier, presented by Chelsea Football Club
Jul 3 - Jul 7 Disney's Salute to Baseball Festival
Jul 13 - Aug 3 AAU Baseball
Jul 25 - Jul 27 USA Judo National Junior Olympics
Jul 27 - Aug 15 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Training Camp
Jul 27 - Aug 3 USSSA Fast Pitch World Series
shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #332
M2DD's
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=shoes99;25640440]Aug 1 - Aug 3 Challenge Sports 3v3 National Championships
Aug 3 - Aug 10 USSSA - Baseball Elite World Series
Can this be why there are no value resorts open that wk? Are they staying there?
Thanks for the info.
Hopefully there will be some AP rates for the mod resorts.
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #333
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

That was my guess why the ASsports is filled up (baseball elite - 24 little league teams, + families & friends) What better place for ballplayers to stay than sports!

Also, Tampa Bay Bucs training camp is occuring during your Aug 5-10 stay. We're staying at ASsports 8/5 - 12 but I didn't realize all the values were full - WOW!

BYW - Luvs Disney -- HAVE FUN bringing Dhubbie & Dsister for their first visit to the world. It's sooo much fun bringing newbies - ENJOY the moments!
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:16 AM   #334
lam712
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug1 View Post
Are there ice machines @ in ALL STAR SPORTS? We stayed there in 2002, but I can't remember. If not, has anyone ever just filled a small container to take to your room? We'll be there in 2 weeks!!
When we stayed at ASSports in 2005, there were vending and ice machines in a small area near the elevator. We were on the second floor of one of the tennis buildings and I can't remember if there were vending areas on each floor or not. We had packed a medium soft sided cooler as luggage (filled with snacks and breakfast items on the way there) and filled it each day with ice to keep drinks and left over free dining desserts cool.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #335
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

Just got back Friday!!

We got back Friday from our 6 day vacation at Disney. Allstar sports was great. They gave my son stickers and a balloon when we arrived. They made sure we had a king bed so my DS could sleep with us. They even took off the fee for the minifridge because we needed it for DS milk (He's 14 months) The CM considered that medical and there was no charge. Wow! Talk about pixie dust on the first day. A mickey head made out of towels was on our bed when we arrived. The room was adorable, but small. We didn't need a lot of room so that was fine. The bus lines were sometimes long and sometimes not. It depended what time of day you were using the buses and what park you were going to. Obviously if you are going to a park with EMH, the bus would be full. We took the car a few times because it was so hard to fold up the stroller and hold DS plus cooler, camcorder bag, and book bag on the bus. If you stay at a resort you don't have to pay to park at the parks so that was easier for us. My DH didn't mind driving. Plus we lucked out every time we drove. We ended up with a parking space that was close to the entrance, so we never took the tram either. I used the laundry room twice at allstar sports. It is $2 to wash and $2 to dry. On Friday the laundry near the small pool was closed for refurb. so I had to walk to the front one at the big pool. The change machine was broke and I was told by another guest that it had been that way all week. A nice man gave me change so I would not have to go inside the store. The food court was great. There were a bunch of choices for food. However, they did not have sweet tea. I was upset for like a second and then got over it. LOL It was very busy in the mornings but lunch and dinner seemed less hectic. Definitely go in the store to get milk or soda. It's cheaper. There are pastries, omelets, breakfast platters, waffles, and fruit for breakfast. Lunch and dinner have multiple options including pizza, chicken, burgers, salmon, spaghetti, salad, and more. Pizza is available for delivery until midnight. It was big and good but sort of tasted like the grocery store brand pizza. The crust was great which made me think that they made this and had a prepackaged bag of veggies to put on it. A cheese or pepperoni would have been so much better than supreme. One 16 inch pizza was $24 which included taxes and fees. I didn't take pictures of the resort but I have couple with the room in the background. As soon as I load them in photobucket I will post the pics. But overall, the allstar sports is a great resort. If you have any questions I will be happy to try to answer them.
BridetobeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #336
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug1 View Post
Are there ice machines @ in ALL STAR SPORTS? We stayed there in 2002, but I can't remember. If not, has anyone ever just filled a small container to take to your room? We'll be there in 2 weeks!!
There are ice machines on every floor near the elevators. We took a cooler to the park everyday for my DS bottles and for water. We filled the cooler every morning and it would last all day. It was nice to not pay ridiculous amounts for water!!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #337
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2DD's View Post
I'm confused I don't see the calender. Can you help me figure out whats going on August 5 through the 10th. All the values are booked. There isn't any rooms available
I know someone posted it, but it's under the Event/broadcast schedule tab at the top of the page. Find your dates and then click on the event happening on your dates. This will almost always send you to a page that has a link for the event. Go there and look around to find what hotels the group is staying at.

So you've got: USSSA - Baseball Elite World Series Which links you to:
http://usssabaseball.org/the_elite_world_series.htm

You can see the ages and that they all say "Disney" if you click on one of those links it brings you to another page which has another link to the document that lists the groups hotels. When you do that, you see that they are staying at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, not WDW.

It takes digging, but you can find it.

I think its booked up because people are taking advantage of value season before the kids go back to school.
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #338
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridetobeDisney View Post
But overall, the allstar sports is a great resort. If you have any questions I will be happy to try to answer them.
I was wondering if this was your first stay at a value resort? We have reservations for All Star Sports in December and have only stayed at moderates and deluxes...Thanks!!!

ciera321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #339
BridetobeDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciera321 View Post
I was wondering if this was your first stay at a value resort? We have reservations for All Star Sports in December and have only stayed at moderates and deluxes...Thanks!!!
yes, this was my first stay at a value. I stayed at AKL for my honeymoon in 2006. That is the only two resorts I have stayed at on Disney property. I loved AKL but it didn't fit in our budget with everything that goes into vacationing with an infant. The room was bigger at AKL and the buses were never crowded. However, we honeymooned in the beginning of May and this vacation was in June so I really can't compare buses since May is a slower month. I really did love sports. I'll stay there again next trip.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #340
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Thanks BridetobeDisney. I think we'll like All Star Sports, besides, we're not usually in our room that much and it's s short 7 day stay for us.

ciera321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #341
M2DD's
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
I know someone posted it, but it's under the Event/broadcast schedule tab at the top of the page. Find your dates and then click on the event happening on your dates. This will almost always send you to a page that has a link for the event. Go there and look around to find what hotels the group is staying at.

So you've got: USSSA - Baseball Elite World Series Which links you to:
http://usssabaseball.org/the_elite_world_series.htm

You can see the ages and that they all say "Disney" if you click on one of those links it brings you to another page which has another link to the document that lists the groups hotels. When you do that, you see that they are staying at Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate, not WDW.

It takes digging, but you can find it.

I think its booked up because people are taking advantage of value season before the kids go back to school.

Thanks for 'digging' out that info. So there not staying at the Assp then. I have read several post that they they are and it was giving me nightmares Can you imagin all them kids in the pool and on the buses! Do they go to the parks after there games?
I see that will also be at the assp around the same dates
I'm not ready for the heat and crowds yet
Old 06-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #342
2tinkerbells
Mouseketeer

Are there towels at the main pool or do we have to use the towels from rooms?

DowntownDisneyHotel 10/2011
AllStarSports 9/2008
CBR 9/2007
offsite 1992
offsite 1982
2tinkerbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #343
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tinkerbells View Post
Are there towels at the main pool or do we have to use the towels from rooms?
You have to bring the towels from your room. Just call mousekeeping to have new ones for the room. It's never a problem. I actually call first to make sure we have the towels for showering.
disneyfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #344
jojo0612
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
You have to bring the towels from your room. Just call mousekeeping to have new ones for the room. It's never a problem. I actually call first to make sure we have the towels for showering.
Great question! I was just thinking the same thing!
Me DH DS (12) DD (9) Sammy our rescued dog/1994 18 and fancy free - trip with friends - offsite 9/2007 First Family Trip - POR 9/2008 Going back for seconds with free Dining - POR Sept 09 Bounceback at POP 9/11 Free dining at Saratoga Springs

jojo0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #345
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Just thought I'd try to add a few more pictures to the thread.

We were there in April this year and we got a new refurbed room in Touchdown.

Hope the pictures come out okay. If not, any advice from anyone to get them to work??

Thanks!!
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: