Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #316
DisneyFan06
I think I can pretty much draw the entire Magic Kingdom with my eyes closed
I since turned a new leaf and will no longer eat it

We loved All Star Sports. We are looking forward to going back in December. We are still unsure of the dates but decided that we will go back to this resort

Daddy and Son Exploring the World
DisneyFan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #317
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

We too going to Sports!

Actually, we three going to Sports! First time at ASsports 8/5 - 12 with DH & DS11 and cannot wait! Thank-you Ronald Duck and others for the pictures you posted. So nice to see the resort and great to hear of the refurbishments. Has anyone stayed in the baseball section? It looks like a close walk to the ASMu bus stop and pool? Just wondering. since DS hopes to stay in either baseball or football. Do the groups performing at the Wide World of Sports Complex usually stay at ASsports? like the little league championship groups in August?
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2008, 06:18 AM   #318
MickMan
DIS Veteran

The Baseball section is just past the Football section. I thought it was a short walk from Baseball to the food court/bus pickup at All Star Sports. There is a pool in the Baseball section but the main pool is not that far at all.

Alot of the sports teams stay at All Star Sports.

Hopefully someone else can answer your question about the ASMu pool/bus stop.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #319
DJT
DIS Veteran

I don't think it's closer to the bus stop at ASMu from Baseball. We stayed in Football in April and walked over to ASMu just to check out their gift shop and do some pin trading with the CMs. As MickMan said, it's not far to the bus stop at ASSports from Baseball. The pool in front of Baseball was being refurbished in April.

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #320
jmwest
DIS Dad #578
A little inspirational reading for anyone who gets discouraged. YOU CAN DO IT!

Does anyone know if there are a lot of teams at the end of June? I know it will be crowded as I think just about all the resorts are fully booked the week we are going.
jmwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #321
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......

We will be at all star sports in august for free dining, was hesitant at first, but now looking forward to it, stayed at all star movies in april and loved it!

My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833
CarolinaMomOf3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #322
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum
Or was that Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? I think my name is plenty long enough!

Thanks for the info about baseball & football - I will just plan on using the ASsports bus stop since it picks up first anyway - it just looked like on a map if we're in the far away baseball section that stop might be closer. After walking miles & miles at the parks it probably won't matter anyway! LOL

On the WWoS webpage I saw that Elite Baseball Tourney's (24 little league championships) are going on when we visit. So do you think a lot of these teams will be staying at ASsports? Should make for an exciting visit!

ALso the Tampa Bay Buc's training camp is going on while we visit. Sorry if this question belongs in transporatation but I did learn you take a bus to DHS to catch a bus to WWoS but I was wondering if anybody knew whether ASsports might have their own bus going to WWoS? DS11 might want to go over and check out some of the little league play & training camp is it's convenient to go - seems out of the way to take a bus via DHS when on the map it looks like WWoS is closer to ASsports. Thanks everyone.
TwiddleDeeTwiddleDum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #323
2tinkerbells
Mouseketeer

Curious again. We stayed at Carribean Beach last year and didn't mind how far things were (we were in Jamaica and walked to the food court every morning). I sense ASSp is smaller from the description. Am I right that even if we are in baseball or one of the further out buildings that we aren't that far from the food court? We will be using our own car, how far out are the parking lots?

DowntownDisneyHotel 10/2011
AllStarSports 9/2008
CBR 9/2007
offsite 1992
offsite 1982
2tinkerbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #324
Em126
Earned Her Ears Long Ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tinkerbells View Post
...Am I right that even if we are in baseball or one of the further out buildings that we aren't that far from the food court? We will be using our own car, how far out are the parking lots?
At Sports, you're never really too far from anything! Here's a link to a map of Sports: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarsportsmap.htm

As you'll see, you'll be close to parking pretty much no matter where your room is. Hope that helps!

Making dreams come true
Em126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #325
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Carribean Beach is sooooooo much more spread out. All Star Sports will be a much much shorter walk to the food court from any of the buildings.

The parking lot is not far at all from any of the buildings.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:06 PM   #326
pakhowe
Mouseketeer

If you are staying at a value resort, one way to save $$$ is to get in on a fridge swap. Instead of paying $10 - $15 per night, you can pay just that much for your entire stay. We are getting in on one on the budget board. (All Star Fridge Swap - Fridge 1 and Fridge 2).
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837716

Two more months from tomorrow and we will be at Disney World. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:05 AM   #327
LORI_LUVS_DISNEY
yES, I ADMIT I HAVE A LIL BIT OF DISNEY IN ME!!!

Stop the teasing!!!!!!!!!!!!...lol... Today offically makes it a week till we leave June 19-22... yay!!! ...I'm excited, for the simple fact that its going to be my sister and my hubi's first time in disney... so i get to pop there disney cherry ...i feel like a personal ture guide...lol

I ASK MYSELF EVERYDAY... IS THIS JUST A DREAM OR JUST A DREAM COME TRUE
TURE LOVE
LORI_LUVS_DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #328
junebug1
Earning My Ears

Are there ice machines @ in ALL STAR SPORTS? We stayed there in 2002, but I can't remember. If not, has anyone ever just filled a small container to take to your room? We'll be there in 2 weeks!!
junebug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #329
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

If you want to know what events are happening during your trip go here:
http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.c...?name=HomePage
Then go to the calendar. The site links to each groups website and I fiddled around until I discovered which hotels they are staying at by looking through their websites.
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #330
M2DD's
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
If you want to know what events are happening during your trip go here:
http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.c...?name=HomePage
Then go to the calendar. The site links to each groups website and I fiddled around until I discovered which hotels they are staying at by looking through their websites.
I'm confused I don't see the calender. Can you help me figure out whats going on August 5 through the 10th. All the values are booked. There isn't any rooms available

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: