Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #256
DisneyFun08
Mouseketeer

Ronald Duck: Your pictures are great. I can hardly wait to get there. Thanks for sharing!
DisneyFun08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #257
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertan mom View Post
So you are picked up first, but then you have to sit there on the bus while it stops at two more resorts.
So wouldn't that add an extra 10-15 minutes?

Thats why I am thinking Pop is better for that aspect....?
I havent stayed at Allstar Music or Sports yet.. but will be visiting both by the end of this year..

I have stayed at Pop many times and at Movies several times.. Something that I have noticed each time we have stayed at Pop is that it is getting more crowded each time we go.. the wait times for the bus is horrible.. there was one time we actually stood in line at Pop waiting to go to one of the parks and waited over an hour for another bus.. as we walked up we saw the bus pull away.. we thought we would wait another 20 minutes for a bus.. we were the first in line.. again we waited over an hour for that bus to come.. also the lines coming back from the park to get back to the resort for POP are horribly long also..

I told DH last time we went to POP which was in February that we were not going back to that resort for awhile and were going to visit the other resorts instead..

Again I cant answer for Sports vs Pop but for Movies vs Pop I would pick Movies every time..
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2008, 10:50 PM   #258
disneychick0412
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!! As my signature says, we will be staying at all star sports for the first time in November. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to read back through this thread to find out a lot more about this resort!

disneychick0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #259
MickMan
DIS Veteran

When we stayed at All Star Sports in Dec we never had to wait over 15 minutes for a bus. Now I know it is a slower time...well it is suppose to be anyway. But we never had to wait long for a bus and alot of the the time the bus did not go to the other All Star resorts because the bus was full.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:16 AM   #260
lam712
DIS Veteran

Ronald Duck: thanks for the photos. The refurbished rooms look very nice. I am looking forward to our August visit!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:40 AM   #261
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
When we stayed at All Star Sports in Dec we never had to wait over 15 minutes for a bus. Now I know it is a slower time...well it is suppose to be anyway. But we never had to wait long for a bus and alot of the the time the bus did not go to the other All Star resorts because the bus was full.
We were there in December also and not once did our bus go to the other All Star resorts. It always went straight to the parks. We loved that!

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #262
eemmie1
DIS Veteran

I use to be a huge Pop fan however the last time I was there in Sept 07 I had a problem with cigarette smoke coming into my room through the bathroom fan so I am changing to Sports. How is the end of Feb beginning of March? Are there any sport teams there?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #263
wifey1220
DIS Veteran

We are staying at sports for the first time this year. I have stayed at music and movies before. Last year at music I never remember sharing a bus going to the parks. I remember going mid day and the bus only having 10 people on it and we went straight to epcot. I know on the magical express you do share a bus and stop at all the all star hotels.
2003 offsite, 2005 ASmovies and free dining, 2006 ASmovies and free dining, 2007 ASmusic and free dining, 2008 Pop Century and free dining, 2009 ASmusic and free dining, 2011 Disney cruise and Pop Century, 2012 Cruise on dream , 2013 Disney cruise on the Fantasy, 2013dcl dream and por free dining, 2014 dcl magic 3 nt and 7 nt eastern
wifey1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:44 PM   #264
tinkerbell211
are we there yet?

Surf's Up Refurbished?

We've requested preferred rooms for our "free dining" trip. Will they be in "surf's up" section? Are they refurbished?
Thanks
tinkerbell211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:16 PM   #265
Minnie & Me
DIS Veteran

Just a couple of questions?

Tempted to switch to Sports this summer during free dining to avoid the crowds and try something new. I know slushies are not available; but what about apple juice? Can you refill you mugs with apple juice from the soda dispensers? Any kind of cheesecake available? Is the Touchdown buildings considered preferred?

Aug 2011 Sheraton Vistanna/HRH, Dec 2010 HK Disneyland/Singapore Universal, Mar 2010 Nick Hotel, Aug 2009 DLH, Mar 2009 RPR, Aug 2008 Wyndamn Cypress Palms/POP, Aug 2007 RPR/POP, Nov 2006 ASMU, Aug 2006 POP, Dec 2004 ASMO/Wonder, Aug 2001 HGVC, May 1996 CBR disneymoon
Minnie & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #266
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie & Me View Post
Tempted to switch to Sports this summer during free dining to avoid the crowds and try something new. I know slushies are not available; but what about apple juice? Can you refill you mugs with apple juice from the soda dispensers? Any kind of cheesecake available? Is the Touchdown buildings considered preferred?
I believe the only drinks available are soft drinks like soda. AS Sports has the greatest chocolate cheesecake. The touchdown buildings are not considered preferred but they are really close to the food court. The preferred buildings are Surf's Up #1 and #2.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #267
raangoli
Earning My Ears

I'm hoping to stay at the ASSports in September. Does anyone know if all the rooms have recently been refurbed or just some of them?
raangoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #268
MPHARJ
DIS Veteran

I had heard that when they were doing the renovations they talked about adding the privacy curtain like the modes have between the sink area and the rest of the room. Did they? That is my only concern with not upgrading this year. The tub area is way too small and get too hot to drag everything in there before you shower, and with an 8 yo DS and 12 yo DD a little privacy would be nice.
MPHARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #269
MickMan
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a renovated room (football section) in Dec and there was no privacy curtain.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 PM   #270
raangoli
Earning My Ears

(fogot to subscribe when I posted - oops!)

raangoli is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: