Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #196
Tinkerbella001
Mouseketeer

Just back today :'(

But I guess it had to end sometime... We were in bldg 5 and I think it was refurbished?! We thought it was a nice resort. The beds are small and the teams were too much at times...but overall I would stay there again. The teams we encountered were loud and used offensive language, besides from taking up most of the seats on the buses. I think it is WRONG that healthy young boys are taking up all the seats while older people and people carrying small children were standing...just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.
I think the Disney Transportation system stinks!! It is very slow, the buses were almost always full, and they semed to be off their schedules a lot of times. While waiting to go to Animal Kingdom for OVER 30 minutes, 3 MK buses came and went. And then 2 AK buses showed up at the same time. We always allowed an hour to get places, but it was 1 1/2 hours most of the times. We enjoyed the food court, especially the chicken penne alfredo and the choc chip pancakes. I had a Mickey waffle with strawberry topping this morning and it was great!! Now I'm gonna get depressed about being back in the real world...

Port Orleans Riverside September 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge March 2013
Disneyland December 2012
Art of Animation LK!! August 2012
Coronado Springs Resort!! December 2011
All Star Music June 2010
Saratoga Springs Resort!! Sept 2009
All Star Sports Dec 2007
MVMCP 12/20/2007!!
Disneyland Feb 2007
Off Property too many times to count from 1975!
Tinkerbella001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:40 AM   #197
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Thanks for posting the pictures!!

We're staying in All Sports in April next year, by then I believe that all the buildings are down to be completely refurbed (?). So, if they are, we're a young couple, which building would be best for us? We don't mind a little noise, I can cope with that, but wouldn't mind being in a decent place to access the food court/busses when we need too? Any suggestions??

I can't wait either, keeping up with this thread until we go then I can see what others think of Sports! I have to say I'm really looking forward to it all, it's soooo exciting to be going back!!
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #198
DJT
DIS Veteran

We enjoyed staying in Building 7, Football. It was close to the food court and we asked for a room away from the noise (football playground) so they put us in a room facing the grassy/wooded area. We didn't hear any loud kids at night, thankfully, because we are light sleepers.
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:54 AM   #199
MickMan
DIS Veteran

SlightlyGoofy our cameras are both Kodak Easy Share. One is 5 megapixels and the other is 8.2 megapixels.

Does this look familar?

and this was ours:

we where up a level and couple of doors down from your room.

Last edited by MickMan; 03-24-2008 at 08:05 AM.
MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #200
disneymoss
Mouseketeer

Just wondering if anyone knows the status of the refurb on the rooms. I loved the old rooms but am looking forward to a "NEW" room come August!!

08/3-08/9/2008 ASSPORTS
11/18-11/26/2006 ASSPORTS
disneymoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #201
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Can of corn

MickMan, I am so sorry that our paths did not cross. Did you notice the can of corn, front and center? I figure that is one sure way to sort out the lurkers and the dedicated DISers. lol

I like what I can see of your window. I had wished I had brought lights but I barely remembered to take me.

My old camera was Kodak and when it died I bought a Canon. I miss my Kodak. It was so easy to use. I will probably get used to the Canon, eventually. I hope.

SG/Linda (who got a email code and cannot go)

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #202
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Hey, I think I am an old lady and I agree, it takes talent to skateboard...I am going in August and staying at the sports. I hope I meet many dissers there...I hope to get a jump start with this new year..I have my list ready and first things first--Lime Green Mickey heads...thanks for all the advice

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #203
Vistanamama
Earning My Ears

Vistanamama here - just thought that I'd add my 2 cents about my upcoming trip with dd16 and her team to ASSp in February 08.
Some of you lovely folks might be interested to know that the the UCA National cheerleading competition is taking place at all 3 All Star resorts from Feb 7-12 (in a few weeks!).
This means that during this time there will be literally thousands of girls from Jr High through grade 12 from all over the country taking up the bulk of the rooms and likely being quite high spirited.
I am hoping (as a long time cheer mom and coach) that they all behave themselves in a respectful manner and do not inconvenience anyone from outside of the "cheer world".
Anyway, I look forward to running into a few longtime disers while I'm there.
Embassy Lake Buena Vista 2004
All Star Sports Feb. 2008
All Star Sports Feb 2009

Next trip: April 3-13, Vistana resort
Vistanamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #204
memorykeeper
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up. I love kids but as a middle school teacher I can honestly say that I do not want to vacation with thousands of giggling, newly liberated from their parents, teenage girls. I can hear the squealing already. Have fun and good luck to your daughters team.
memorykeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:23 AM   #205
dennisnlisab96
DIS Veteran

Vistanamama...is the the UCA High School Nationals?? The UCA All Star Nationals are March 7-10 at the all of the ALL Stars also....FYI We will be there March 5 -11 for the ALL Star Comp!!

PS...as memorykeeper stated some of the kids are "newly liberated" from their parents but is our program we REQUIRE a parent to travle with each child if they are under 18.

DH, ME...DD15 , DD13 , DD10 , DS9
dennisnlisab96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #206
Vistanamama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisnlisab96 View Post
Vistanamama...is the the UCA High School Nationals?? The UCA All Star Nationals are March 7-10 at the all of the ALL Stars also....FYI We will be there March 5 -11 for the ALL Star Comp!!
Yes indeed it is the UCA High School nationals. This will be our first time at ASSp as well as a nationals since dd's former team was not allowed to compete out of state, and her new team (co-ed) goes down every year. Our group from Michigan is; 2 teams, 42 kids, 4 coaches and 8 parents.
All Star Sports Feb 2009

Old 01-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #207
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Tad bit offbeat

I know this might come as a shock to those of you who sort of know me but I am a tad bit offbeat.

I love hearing kids having fun. Have to admit that it might be because I cannot hear all that well though. If confronted by a batch of kids I will gravitate to the ones who are causing trouble or are not the most popular too. I feel that every child has a talent of some sort and if we can help them find it they gain confidence to go on to do well in other areas of their lives. When I see a local kid wandering all alone at inappropriate times of the night I feel sorry for them and reserve my hard feelings for their parents who, most likely, do not have the time or interest in knowing where their child is. They come sit on my porch and we talk about 'stuff'. Whatever their stuff is. Sometimes I am sorely tried in understanding what the heck they are talking about but I listen. Maybe it helps.

I understand those who dread the noise and confusion though. I have many areas in my life where I am less than perfect but this seems to be the skill I have given, relating to those who many do not. I have always marched to a different drummer so I am attracted to those who are out of tune with the rest of society.

I seem to be a slow learner also cause I have just started wearing lime green Mickeys on my purse all the time and not just when I am at DW. You just never know when you will meet a person of the same 'faith'.

Slightly Goofy (ok, more than slightly)

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #208
dennisnlisab96
DIS Veteran

Vistanamama...this will be our second time to All Star National but our first as the owners of the program. We are traveling with 2 of our teams (38 girls).

Last time I was jsut a parent of 3 kids (all on different teams) running like a crazy fool all weekend...back and forth from the Milk House to MGM. They were competing oppisit each other...one was in the morning at MGM, then early afternoon at the Milk House and then back to MGM for early evening!!! It was reversed the second day!!! This year we only have 2 kids cheering, both on the same team ...but we will have to be ther to support our other team.

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR TEAMS!!!!!!

DH, ME...DD15 , DD13 , DD10 , DS9
dennisnlisab96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #209
Vistanamama
Earning My Ears

Dennisnlisa - good luck to yours also!
Any other cheer parents/coaches going to UCA High school nationals out there?
All Star Sports Feb 2009

Old 01-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #210
Shelly888
DIS Veteran

Does anybody know if we will be safe from the cheerleaders from Feb 25th til March 5th??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: