Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #1996
coolbrook
Mouseketeer

Which pool is less crowded?

Hi All-Star Sports fans, We are excited to be planning our first stay at Sports for Jan. Can anyone tell me if one of the pools is usually less crowded than the other. With no water slide I was thinking there may be about the same number of people using each one. Trying to decide where to request a room. Thank you
coolbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #1997
coolbrook
Mouseketeer

Arcade opening when food court opens?

Does anyone know if the arcade is supposed to reopen at the same time as the food court? Also, can the arcade card we get at one resort arcade be used at any resort arcade? So, if we get a card at Sports and go over to Poly to eat dinner, could the kids use the same card to play a few games at Poly?
coolbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #1998
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbrook View Post
Hi All-Star Sports fans, We are excited to be planning our first stay at Sports for Jan. Can anyone tell me if one of the pools is usually less crowded than the other. With no water slide I was thinking there may be about the same number of people using each one. Trying to decide where to request a room. Thank you
Well I can answer your question about the pool situation. Surf's Up Pool is the busier one of the two. The pool by the homerun section is less crowded and usually more quiet. When in January are you going? I am there 1/29-2/2.

Have a great time
Old 11-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #1999
Mom24angels
Earning My Ears

Just returned from WDW two days ago. We requested TD building but our wish was not to be granted. Oh well! We were put on the back side (2nd) floor of one of the home run buildings. It was okay but definitely a long trek to the main building that holds the grab and go/ drinks, gift shop and concierge. I suspect the rooms facing the football field in the TD buildings would be a little noisier as the football field is the gateway to the Home Run buildings and baseball pool. Unanswered prayers I suppose! As for noise in the home run building, other than the drunk guy trying to get in our room at 2:30 one morning, most of the noise comes from CM's and the constant maintenance that goes on. Explains why the place is always spotless the little truck they use to collect garbage drove right by our rooms every morning. However, the place WAS immaculate!

Also, no fridge in the two rooms we had. I spoke with CM and was told there will be no more credits given from here on out as "you had plenty of advanced notice of the fridge situation and could have chosen to go to another All Star resort". I tried to talk her into the credit as I had already changed resorts due to the FD offering, but to no avail. In anticipation of no fridge, I ordered a styrofoam cooler from Garden grocer for 7.99 that worked out perfectly. The kids refilled it with ice everyday and we had no problems. Not ideal, but doable.

After I got over my initial disappointment, I realized, I did not fly to Orlando to stay at the hotel. I flew to Orlando to enjoy the parks. Thats exactly what we did. We had an awesome time. I would certainly go back to WDW again! I will try another resort in the value category though.

It must be said though, every CM that I interacted with could not have been more gracious or polite. They were very good people willing to go above and beyond for you.....Unless you want a fridge credit ))
Old 11-04-2013, 12:52 AM   #2000
ccjmjzh
Earning My Ears

How did you feel the crowd levels were at Sports? Did it feel like it's less crowded than others due to the lack of food court?
ccjmjzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #2001
Mom24angels
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjmjzh View Post
How did you feel the crowd levels were at Sports? Did it feel like it's less crowded than others due to the lack of food court?
For sure less crowded! We made the mistake of walking over to ASMusic one morning for a QS breakfast....yikes! It was crazy busy! ASSports was MUCH quieter! Over all a more laid back feel.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #2002
MickMan
DIS Veteran

We officially hit 2,000 responses (now 2,001).
Just wanted to thank everyone for keeping the All Star Sports thread alive...

You all are the best.....who would have thunk it when this thread was started....

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #2003
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I just changed my reservation to Sports (from Music) Friday so glad to see there is a thread to look at.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #2004
babynala
DIS Veteran

New Bedding?

Have all the rooms at AS Sports been updated to the new bedding?

My sister's family will be having their first Disney vacation in January and are looking forward to their stay at Sports.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #2005
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Soap?

I have found a few references to soap dispensers.....is that really the case at Sports or do you get actual bars of soap?

(not worried about shampoo and bath soap as I don't use Disney's brand, but really would prefer a bar of hand soap for the sink)

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #2006
BrookeMQ
Mouseketeer

We just got back. We had bars if soap
BrookeMQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #2007
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

also had bar soap in october.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #2008
BrookeMQ
Mouseketeer

We were just at balls star sports this past week in fridge. I was surprised because we had one here last year.

I knew about the cafeteria being closed but only from being here. Disney NEVER said anything to us.

Another downside to no cafeteria is that the kid activities don't get moved inside if it rains. My son was so excited to watch wreck it ralph buy it was cancelled because of rain and we were told to go to all star music. Not a big deal but son was sad.
BrookeMQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #2009
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I have found a few references to soap dispensers.....is that really the case at Sports or do you get actual bars of soap?
Outdated information...All-Star Resorts used to have dispensers years ago. Gone now.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #2010
Aurora in blue
Mouseketeer

How crowded is the mug refill station? I heard cast members are filling cups for you to pour in your mugs. I would love to hear details, we check in in 10 days.
Aurora in blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: