Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #1876
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,362

i'm keeping my ressie at Sports.
i figure it won't be crowded for the hotel, busses, pool, gift shop, etc.

and hopefully i will be able to check in and get my room when i arrive.



as long as i can get coffee in the morning, i have no issues.


i tend to think that Music and Movies might be quite full and want to avoid a crowded resort.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #1877
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran
 
EpcotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
Would you switch to another resort and have a fully functional food court? Or stay at Sports and have a refurbed room and possibly very quiet resort? At least mug refills will be available.
I would stay away from all 3 All-Stars during the rehab. I believe the 2 remaining food courts will be absolutely nuts. I'll be at Music in about 2 weeks. I'm glad I'm getting that in ahead of the Sports food court rehab.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #1878
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyRunner2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Not near enough.
Posts: 1,736

How many people, do you think, are unaware of this closure? Not everyone follows Disney's moves like we do here.
__________________
Blog: http://www.dashing2disney.blogspot.comTwitter:@dashing2disney
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu Princess Half-Marathon,
8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 resort with best AP discount

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:30 AM   #1879
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!
 
angwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRunner2009 View Post
How many people, do you think, are unaware of this closure? Not everyone follows Disney's moves like we do here.
My point exactly and they won't be happy if they expect the food court to be open.
__________________
AngAlWill Angel:
angwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #1880
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran
 
teentoddlermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 894

Silly question but...

I know lots of sports groups stay at ASSp when there are WWOS activities, but I was wondering if that is still the huge norm.. I was looking at the map and it seems that POP is closer to WWOS. But ASSp usually is the cheapest of all values.. Anyway, I am going from July 21 to 26 and staying at sports. There are a bit of AAU activities at WWOS. Going to make the best of it, and am happy to try it out!
Any thoughts?
__________________

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #1881
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE
 
Zooshoveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 957

Quote:
Originally Posted by teentoddlermom View Post
I know lots of sports groups stay at ASSp when there are WWOS activities, but I was wondering if that is still the huge norm.. I was looking at the map and it seems that POP is closer to WWOS. But ASSp usually is the cheapest of all values.. Anyway, I am going from July 21 to 26 and staying at sports. There are a bit of AAU activities at WWOS. Going to make the best of it, and am happy to try it out!
Any thoughts?
There were a few soccer and baseball teams a couple of weeks ago, but they were all great! And only a handful of teams, not enough for full tournaments.

Sports is the smallest, so maybe more go to Pop?
__________________
Off Site 12/82 GF 7/90 CBR 11/12 ASSp 5/13

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #1882
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!
 
angwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by teentoddlermom View Post
I know lots of sports groups stay at ASSp when there are WWOS activities, but I was wondering if that is still the huge norm.. I was looking at the map and it seems that POP is closer to WWOS. But ASSp usually is the cheapest of all values.. Anyway, I am going from July 21 to 26 and staying at sports. There are a bit of AAU activities at WWOS. Going to make the best of it, and am happy to try it out!
Any thoughts?
I have run into teams at all the value resorts I stayed at including Pop. It all depends on what resort the school chooses. I suppose now that the All stars are cheaper that might tend to be the choice more often but who knows for sure. I can say that when we have run into groups they really have been no problem for us. Well one time there was a cheerleading group where some of them got on the bus with us. That was a very loud ride and one of the girls appeared to be high on something and was acting really weird and would not listen to the bus driver but that was about the only issue we ever expienced and that was at Pop. Then a huge group took over the baseball pool one evening at ASsp and were being really rough so we just walked over to the main pool and let them have at it. I think there are always activities going on at WWOS so just enjoy and you might never even run into the groups.
__________________
AngAlWill Angel:
angwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #1883
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post
Sports is the smallest...
The three All-Star resorts are about the same size in terms of available rooms. Sports and Movies reportedly have 1920 rooms each. Music has fewer actual rooms due to some being larger suites.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #1884
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE
 
Zooshoveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 957

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

The three All-Star resorts are about the same size in terms of available rooms. Sports and Movies reportedly have 1920 rooms each. Music has fewer actual rooms due to some being larger suites.
You're right! I have no idea why I thought that.
__________________
Off Site 12/82 GF 7/90 CBR 11/12 ASSp 5/13

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #1885
DisneyWisher
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyWisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 3,626

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post

Jazz isn't Preferred. Calypso is the only Preferred section at ASM. Both Calypso and Jazz have Suites but only Calypso is Preferred.
A couple years ago we asked for Jazz and the front desk CM told me yes but I'd have to pay "preferred" rate. After that we started staying at Sports only. I love bldg 10
I love Disney but they are getting kind of ridiculous with their variety of prices especially those based on days of the week. We are going Friday - Sunday and each night has a different price. I saw on Allearsnet that restaurants are now charging different prices based on the day of the week. Could you imagine if everywhere we spent money did that?
DisneyWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #1886
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE
 
Zooshoveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 957

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWisher View Post

A couple years ago we asked for Jazz and the front desk CM told me yes but I'd have to pay "preferred" rate. After that we started staying at Sports only. I love bldg 10
I love Disney but they are getting kind of ridiculous with their variety of prices especially those based on days of the week. We are going Friday - Sunday and each night has a different price. I saw on Allearsnet that restaurants are now charging different prices based on the day of the week. Could you imagine if everywhere we spent money did that?
Our past trip was going to cover two weekends, so we moved up two days to get the lower prices.
__________________
Off Site 12/82 GF 7/90 CBR 11/12 ASSp 5/13

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #1887
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran
 
EpcotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWisher View Post
A couple years ago we asked for Jazz and the front desk CM told me yes but I'd have to pay "preferred" rate. After that we started staying at Sports only. I love bldg 10
I love Disney but they are getting kind of ridiculous with their variety of prices especially those based on days of the week. We are going Friday - Sunday and each night has a different price. I saw on Allearsnet that restaurants are now charging different prices based on the day of the week. Could you imagine if everywhere we spent money did that?
That cast member was misinformed. Imagine that .
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #1888
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran
 
teentoddlermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 894

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post
There were a few soccer and baseball teams a couple of weeks ago, but they were all great! And only a handful of teams, not enough for full tournaments.

Sports is the smallest, so maybe more go to Pop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
I have run into teams at all the value resorts I stayed at including Pop. It all depends on what resort the school chooses. I suppose now that the All stars are cheaper that might tend to be the choice more often but who knows for sure. I can say that when we have run into groups they really have been no problem for us. Well one time there was a cheerleading group where some of them got on the bus with us. That was a very loud ride and one of the girls appeared to be high on something and was acting really weird and would not listen to the bus driver but that was about the only issue we ever expienced and that was at Pop. Then a huge group took over the baseball pool one evening at ASsp and were being really rough so we just walked over to the main pool and let them have at it. I think there are always activities going on at WWOS so just enjoy and you might never even run into the groups.
Thanks for reading and responding! I'm not worried about the groups, I'm sure they are great kids. I'm really looking forward to my stay with my 14 year old daughter. She's not really a sporty girl or a girly girl, so I think the preferred surfs up area where I booked is just right. We've been to POP twice, and AOA once. Looking forward to the original value resort, and I also recently read that they are changing out the bedding starting at sports, so that will be nice too!
__________________

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #1889
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks
 
HubbDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hubbardston, MA
Posts: 1,505

How are the beds at AS-sports?


We are only there one night before moving to BC.
__________________
Dreading mugginess
1996 WDW Off Property 2006 AS Movies 2011 WL2013 AS Sports/BC
HubbDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #1890
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE
 
Zooshoveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 957

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
How are the beds at AS-sports?

We are only there one night before moving to BC.
Beds are ok. Firm. I *think* the mattresses are new?

Next time I will remember my own pillow. Theirs are small.
__________________
Off Site 12/82 GF 7/90 CBR 11/12 ASSp 5/13

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: