Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #1861
LadyTrampScamp&Angel
I'm 4 resorts away from my goal of staying at every WDW resort, including DVC!

Luckily we are missing the refurb too, will be there in 3 weeks

I've booked a preferred room, I like the look of Surf's Up area - any tips on a location to request? Near things but not too noisy (I hope).

Also, any thing you recommend at the End Zone?

Thanks, can't wait!
Disneylandmany times CA Adventure 10/07 Seaworld CA many times Disneyland Paris7/94 USF/IOAHRH 4/01,HRH 6/06,09/08, 6/10;RPH 6/12 Seaworld FL04/08,09/08KSC4/01,6/06 Offsite DVC HHI 5/03, 10/09 WDWCBR 4/92, POFQ 8/98,Polynesian LV & Homewood Suites 12/99, ASMo 1/01,AKL 4/01,ASMo & CBR 4/02,WL & CBR 6/03,Swan 8/04,Ft Wilderness Cabins 10/05,Pop Century 6/06,Buena Vista Palace, POR 6/07; Ft. Wilderness cabin, BWV & VWL - our new home 4/08; CSR & OKW 9/08, ASMusic family suite 12/08, Ft Wilderness Cabins,AKV Kidani SV & CR MK view 7/09, BC 12/09, WL & FW Cabins 6/10, AS Sports & POFQ 4/11, SSR 6/11; POR RGR & OKW 6/12, ASSP's & CSR 6/13, Aulani 7/14 DCL Disney Magic Western Caribbean 12/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 11/10;http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...l/preshow1.jpg DS in Star Wars Pre Show http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...emberleia1.jpg My Little Leia
LadyTrampScamp&Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #1862
DisneyWisher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post

ASMu is a very nice resort as well but it most likely will be more busy with the reno going on especially if they are warning people to switch. What they should do is offer ASsp at a discount. ASMo is higher because that is the favorite of the All-Stars for the majority of people and would most likely be busier than ASMu.
We used to prefer Movies but when they made more of the bldgs "preferred" we went back to Music and Sports. Then they made Jazz "preferred" so we went to Sports only. I absolutely loved Football #10. We were just there last month and got a ground floor room, close to parking lot (better because of shortcut to buses) The CM tried to sell me on 3rd floor baseball end of hall by the stairs and I said no. I have bad knees can't do stairs (walking isn't bad but standing still is along with stair climbing) and I know I'd do them just to avoid the long walk to elevator and back. (Pitiful I know) but at the end of the day I'm done and ECV just seems more hassle than worth.
DisneyWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #1863
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWisher View Post
We used to prefer Movies but when they made more of the bldgs "preferred" we went back to Music and Sports. Then they made Jazz "preferred" so we went to Sports only. I absolutely loved Football #10. We were just there last month and got a ground floor room, close to parking lot (better because of shortcut to buses) The CM tried to sell me on 3rd floor baseball end of hall by the stairs and I said no. I have bad knees can't do stairs (walking isn't bad but standing still is along with stair climbing) and I know I'd do them just to avoid the long walk to elevator and back. (Pitiful I know) but at the end of the day I'm done and ECV just seems more hassle than worth.
Jazz isn't Preferred. Calypso is the only Preferred section at ASM. Both Calypso and Jazz have Suites but only Calypso is Preferred.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #1864
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

This may be a silly question -

Are we allowed to play in the big grassy areas? I'm not talking about full on coordinated kickball games, but letting kids blow off steam, cartwheels, quietly run around, etc.

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #1865
Manateemum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post
This may be a silly question -

Are we allowed to play in the big grassy areas? I'm not talking about full on coordinated kickball games, but letting kids blow off steam, cartwheels, quietly run around, etc.
Well, the cheerleaders who stay there certainly do! I think as long as you are respectful of others, you'll be fine.
Manateemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #1866
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

[QUOTE=Zooshoveller;48477799]This may be a silly question -

Are we allowed to play in the big grassy areas? I'm not talking about full on coordinated kickball games, but letting kids blow off steam, cartwheels, quietly run around, etc.[/QUOT

Absolutely. After 9pm and be cautious early in the morning are quiet hours. As long as they are quiet they can do all the carwheels and silent stuff to their hearts content 24/7.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #1867
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

Here now and LOVE it!!!

Old 05-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #1868
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here now and LOVE it!!!
AWESOME.....and have a magical vacation........

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #1869
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

We're in Touchdown 7 facing the field and almost on the corner by the pool and main building! When we checked in, I asked if we could be in a football building and was told we were already assigned there. It can be a little noisy until about 11 and its almost silent by midnight.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #1870
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're in Touchdown 7 facing the field and almost on the corner by the pool and main building! When we checked in, I asked if we could be in a football building and was told we were already assigned there. It can be a little noisy until about 11 and its almost silent by midnight.
so a wish came true already..

I just love the Touchdown building........Have fun...

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #1871
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
nice location you have!

i have been in building 7 at the corner room that faces the fb field and the corner end room that faces the greenery.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #1872
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here now and LOVE it!!!
YAY! Have a blast!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #1873
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
I wondered about the refill sodas too. I would call and find out if I were going too. I would think they would have some set up even if it was that you go to the arcade and give them your mug and they fill it for you like at Boardwalk but who knows.

I think it will be fine especially if you don't plan to spend much time at the resort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
Any idea what they will be doing about the refillable mug station during the refurbishment period???

My brother in law and his gang are booked to stay at All-Star Sports for their very first ever Disney vacation this Oct. I am wondering if I should suggest them changing to another All-Star??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
PERFECT!!! Thankyou
i was trying to see which homies needed info about the food court renovations.
if i missed you, hopefully you will see this post.

i called and had a lengthy chat with 2 CM's supervisors at Sports.

both gave me the same answers.

i called the hotel direct and not the main disney info number.

The arcade room will be revamped to a grab and go food section.
sandwiches, fruit, pastries will be there and refridgerated.
pretty much of what was in the grab and go at the food court will be the same in the temporary arcade room.

no alternative arcade room will be set up at Sports while the FC renovations is going on.

the beverage island will be closed in the dining room.

besides the grab and go food sections in the arcade room, a beverage island will be installed there.

it will not be the same size island that is in the dining room but a smaller version.

it will include coffee, tea, hot water, sodas, ice, etc.

busses will be used to take you from Sports to the other two sister resorts for the food courts.
they couldn't tell me if those busses will be out in the front area where the park busses line up or at the side door, drop off area, waiting for Sports guest to use.

as of right now, the busses will shuttle the guests from Sports, probably every 20 minutes but that can change.
it depends on the demand for the shuttle.
if more frequent time periods are needed, it will be adjusted.

i was told that the busses will continually go back and forth from Sports - Music - Movies.

i then asked if i could get a discount on my room rate for this inconvenience.
when i booked, i was not informed of the closing of Sports food court.

the CM told me no but they can switch me to either Music or Movies without any change in my original price for when i booked.

i was hoping for a free mug but was told no.........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #1874
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Would you switch to another resort and have a fully functional food court? Or stay at Sports and have a refurbed room and possibly very quiet resort? At least mug refills will be available.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR GSC

Last edited by DisneyRunner2009; 06-04-2013 at 09:35 AM.
DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #1875
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
i was trying to see which homies needed info about the food court renovations.
if i missed you, hopefully you will see this post.

i called and had a lengthy chat with 2 CM's supervisors at Sports.

both gave me the same answers.

i called the hotel direct and not the main disney info number.

The arcade room will be revamped to a grab and go food section.
sandwiches, fruit, pastries will be there and refridgerated.
pretty much of what was in the grab and go at the food court will be the same in the temporary arcade room.

no alternative arcade room will be set up at Sports while the FC renovations is going on.

the beverage island will be closed in the dining room.

besides the grab and go food sections in the arcade room, a beverage island will be installed there.

it will not be the same size island that is in the dining room but a smaller version.

it will include coffee, tea, hot water, sodas, ice, etc.

busses will be used to take you from Sports to the other two sister resorts for the food courts.
they couldn't tell me if those busses will be out in the front area where the park busses line up or at the side door, drop off area, waiting for Sports guest to use.

as of right now, the busses will shuttle the guests from Sports, probably every 20 minutes but that can change.
it depends on the demand for the shuttle.
if more frequent time periods are needed, it will be adjusted.

i was told that the busses will continually go back and forth from Sports - Music - Movies.

i then asked if i could get a discount on my room rate for this inconvenience.
when i booked, i was not informed of the closing of Sports food court.

the CM told me no but they can switch me to either Music or Movies without any change in my original price for when i booked.

i was hoping for a free mug but was told no.........

McRaven,

Wow good information. Thanks for sharing. How much you want to bet that once you get there and are there a day or two you can go complain with the masses and get a discount on the room. lol I can not imagine someone who has no clue this renovation is taking place being happy at all once they are there and experience the renovation. Someone who is there for a week and doesn't go but once or twice in a lifetime is not going to be very happy if they have to wait for a bus to go to another resort to eat. I really hope that you run into only pleasant people who are just happy to be there at a hopefully half empty resort.

For the person who asked what others would do faced with the renovation. Personally, I would move over to Music but only if I could get a prefered room and if no prefered were available I would stay at Sports. I would move to Music because I love that resort too but there I want to be near the pool. At sports I try to get the football building so I can be between the two pools. We love swimming.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: