Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #166
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Lime Green

CanadianGuy, lime green is what you should be looking for. From the weather reports it is going to be nearly 80 hi and 60 los while we are there so other than my blue jacket there will not be much pink. I carry a cane,most of the time and it has deer antlers on the handle. I will also we wearing a Focker lanyard with a beautiful laminated LGM someone left on my door in September. I have been called an 'obvious' DISer. I have been called worse.

BTW, I am deaf so it you should call and I do not answer just feel free to toss Disney Dollars at me until you get my attention. Sometimes takes a few hundred of them t ough.

I would be honored to meet you as we have run into each other many a time on the boards.

Looks like we are going to have a great group at the Sports this trip. I hope to come up to the Food Court in the evenings and run into some of you. I had suggested that we sit near the back, away from the civilians, to make it easier to spot each other. Just a suggestion as last time many folks said they saw me in the food court but did not approach me. Tell me, do I look scary? On second thought, do not answer that.

See you all soon! Off to work on packing.

SG/Linda

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:07 AM   #167
YanksGirl
Earning My Ears

I have stayed at the AS Sports eight times. The only other DisResorts we have stayed at is POR and ASM. AS Sports is our absolute favorite, the buildings are not far at all from the food court. Even though it is a value resort the food count is excellent....its about 2AM so I can't think of anything else to say but if anyone has any questions you can PM me, I know this resort like the back of my hand.
1989- OFF PROPERTY....1994- OFF PROPERTY....1996- ALL STAR MUSIC....1998- ALL STAR SPORTS....1999- ALL STAR SPORTS....2000- PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE....2001- ALL STAR SPORTS....2002- ALL STAR SPORTS....2003- ALL STAR SPORTS....2004- ALL STAR SPORTS....2005- ALL STAR SPORTS....2006- ALL STAR SPORTS....2008- CORONADO SPRINGS....2008- POP CENTURY....2009- POP CENTURY
YanksGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #168
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Got back a couple of days ago and will be posting pics soon. Anyone have any questions?

Had an awesome time!!!

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #169
HeidiGW
Mouseketeer

wanna unload your Christmas tree?

I'll be staying from Dec.18-27.
I will also be happy to pass it along, too?

Me, DH, DD, DD, DD, DS
HeidiGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #170
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

We just booked AS Sports for a couple nights in Mar. We always enjoy the Football bldgs but the CM said we would have to be in a preffered at Surf. He put our request for football. How likely will it be we get a football room?
Old 12-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #171
MickMan
DIS Veteran

jimmytammy your chances are probably pretty good to be in Football but there are no guarantees as we all know. We did not request what building we wanted and they put us in football. While we where checking in someone came back after going to there room and asked to be put in a closer building. They where put into football.

But once again there are no guarantees on what building you will be put into but the odds are with you.

Just my opinion....

Hope you have a great trip.....

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:33 AM   #172
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Thanks Mick Man
Old 12-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #173
ckret01
DIS Veteran

I just got back from staying at the ASSP. I requested Football building #7 or Surfs up and when I got there they had us in Homerun. I asked at check in if they had anything on Football Bldg 7 and they said yes so when we got to our room we realized we were in Football bldg 10 not 7. This one was not refurb and just was dark and gloomy. I did call the front desk and asked them if they had anything in bldg 7 football I would love to take it and they gave us a room right away and it was on the first floor closest to the food court. Great location, I was very happy. There were always people hanging outside the room but honestly I never heard them inside the room. Plus I always saw security standing or walking around the area.
ckret01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:52 PM   #174
memorykeeper
Mouseketeer

Leaving in 3 days

I will be staying at an all star for the first time in 3 days and I'm so excited!!!!
memorykeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #175
DJT
DIS Veteran

Just returned from Sports. I requested building 9, Homerun, but was put in building 7, Football. It was a better location for us. I requested third floor, quiet section and that's what we got. We were close to the food court and were very happy with the room.
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #176
applesauce
Earning My Ears

Got back last week from the Sports. I requested Touchdown bldg #7 & got it, 2nd floor, pretty quiet. Room was nice (refurb'd), close to End Zone food court, & nice having the 1st bus stop.
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #177
memorykeeper
Mouseketeer

Leaving for Disney in 24 hours. Very Excited!!!
memorykeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #178
binwinbinwin
Disney fan

Exclamation Building 10 not refurbed

We stayed at Building 10 (Football) last week and it was not refurbed.
binwinbinwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:58 AM   #179
december
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binwinbinwin View Post
We stayed at Building 10 (Football) last week and it was not refurbed.
The rumor I've heard is that they are redoing everything except building 10, then turning that into family suites. I don't know if there is anything to it or not.
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #180
binwinbinwin
Disney fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
The rumor I've heard is that they are redoing everything except building 10, then turning that into family suites. I don't know if there is anything to it or not.
If the rumor you heard is true, it would explain why the Building#10 room was not renovated. The room was disappointing. It was dark and in need of a facelift. Definitely not Disney quality.
binwinbinwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: