Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #136
applesauce
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info. Btw, are there any live webcams from WDW/resorts?
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #137
DJT
DIS Veteran

SG/Linda, we can't afford to fly out of Louisville! It's just awful. We used to before the prices got to be so high. It's much cheaper flying out of Indianapolis, even with driving up there and the cost of gas. Naturally, it would be great if we could fly out of Louisville since it would only take us about 15 minutes or less to get to the airport.

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #138
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Bummer

DJT, I don't know anything about flying. I have heard that it was cheaper to fly out of Louisville or Cincinnati but that was a few years back. Have you considered Nashville, TN or would that not be a non stop flight? European travel seems so much easier but then they do not have as many miles to go. I think there should be about a half dozen roads all over the country where we could just get on and ride right to DW. A special lane just for us even. Have a good flight and we shall see you a day hence as we are old and slow.

applesauce, there used to be live webcams but I have not seen any in awhile. I read where they were taken down because of terrorists but I am thinking that anyone with a laptop and webcam could set up one if they wanted to. I am not sure though.

SG/Linda

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #139
noahynav
Mouseketeer

My Dh really wants a refurbished room, if we are not lucky enouh to get one, how much does it cost to upgrade to a preferred location? All the preferred rooms are guaranteed to be refurbished right?

I am worried because we will not be checking in until 11 PM or so and I do not want to do a whole lot of room switching at that hour. Am I correct in understanding that Touchdown building #10 is the only one that has not been refinished?

TIA!!
noahynav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #140
december
DIS Veteran

My understanding is that all but football building #10 will be done by February. When are you going? I don't think they've all been done yet. I know both baseball buildings and building 7 for football-not sure about the rest.
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #141
noahynav
Mouseketeer

We will be there Dec 8-14 2007.
noahynav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #142
MickMan
DIS Veteran

applesauce there use to be a live webcam at the Magic Kingdom. They took it down sometime after 9/11.

Here is a webcam at The Swan & Dolphin that looks twords Epcot.
http://goflorida.about.com/gi/dynami...BNV%26size%3DS

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:15 AM   #143
dyna
DIS Veteran

Count me in as another Hoosier Sports resort fan
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:46 AM   #144
applesauce
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the link. It looks clear as a bell down there & WARM!

Btw, how's the weather down there in Dec? Also, I would love to see more pics of the Touchdown buildings, rooms & especially the field. Anyone know what time the End Zone closes?

Last edited by applesauce; 11-29-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 AM   #145
SlightlyGoofy

It is all relative

applesauce, it is all relative. Accuweather shows it being a high of 65-70 and lows in the low 50's the first part of when we are going to be there. It is still a whole bunch warmer than it will be here though. We are taking jackets as well as a winter jacket. Two years ago I had to use my jacket to cover some freezing children in a stroller. Their older siblings sat on my lap. I make a great wind break. I do not like having to carry a jacket around the parks before it gets cold though. Better than being here shoveling snow.

dyna, welcome and hope to see you there.

Since there are going to be so many of us at the same resort what do you think about planning on getting together? I am afraid that I am not up to planning anything fancy like I experienced in September but surely we could plan to meet up at the Food Court at a certain time and look for the lime green each night?? We could meet in the back part where it would be easier to spot each other. How about it??

Slightly Goofy/Linda

Old 11-29-2007, 08:33 AM   #146
MickMan
DIS Veteran

applesauce the End Zone hours are 6:00am - Midnight

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #147
applesauce
Earning My Ears

Thanks for info!

As far as the meet & greet: Nothing personal, no offense to anyone, & it might be OK for others but, for me, in this day & age I never set up any meetings with people I've met on an internet chat board, especially where children are concerned. I'm sure everyone on this borad has the best intentions especially considering the setting here (WDW), but you never really know. I do appreciate the kind words & information that people have provided, it makes planning a lot less stressful. Again, no disrespect, no offense to anyone, just my parental radar kicking in!

Steve
Old 11-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #148
boo72
Mouseketeer

Anyone seen the Disney Holiday gel clings? My mom found them at Walgreens, bought me one and I had to go back to buy more! They are so cute and perfect for hotel room windows!!!! They had Mickey and the gang, Pooh and friends and the princesses.

Sounds like ASSports will be chalk full of Disers the week of 12/8-12/16. 9 more days -- I'm already too excited to sleep!!!!!!

boo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #149
SlightlyGoofy

Clings and things

boo72, thanks for the heads up on the Disney clings. I have added them to my list, if I get time to get there that is.

Applesauce, there is no way that I would take offense at anyone protecting their children. On my last trip I had two different occasions when I had to tell parents that I did not think it right to 'make' their kids kiss or hug me. In that way lays stranger danger. I do not require my grandkids hugs me hello or goodbye unless they want to. If you happen to be coming through the food court and see us please stop and say hello and if you and your family is sitting at a table nearby you could join in and keep an eye on your beautiful (all children are you know) kids at the same time. If you are going to be eating in any of the restaurants you will be seated next to people anyway and at least with DISers you have a better than average chance that they are harmless. BTW, I would not let my kids/grandkids go near strangers/or some folks I actually know without me being right there either. I will pack my bag of coloring books and crayons for any children who want something to do besides listen to us crazy adults talk DISNEY.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #150
THE HAT
I admit it, I'm a gum smacker!
I can't make jell-o. There. I said it.
keep peepin' on the poo for us!

Looks like I am going to be checking in just as most of you are or will have already checked out!

Our dates are from 12/18-12/26. We are leaving Maine on the 15th and spending a few days on the gulf side seeing my folks, then stopping in N.C. on the way back to visit my brother for a few days!

If I see any lime green I will be sure to say Hello!! We will be staying in Surf's Up somewhere!

popcentury jan 2005 jan 2007 ASSportsDec2007
CBRFeb2009
THE HAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: