Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #1
SugarSweetLee
Mouseketeer

Monorail vs. Bus to MK?

All my times visiting Disney while growing up, we always traveled by car, parked, and took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom from the TTC. In my opinion, there's something really special about using the monorail to get your first taste of Disney on the way in to the park.

In our upcoming first trip together, DH and I will be staying at AoA, so we won't be in one of the resorts on the monorail line. I see on that the buses will actually take you right up to the MK entrance, bypassing the *need* for the monorail.

Buuut...can you take a bus to the TTC? And would that add a ridiculous amount of travel time to getting from the resort to the park? I would love for DH and I to get that first taste of magic on the monorail, but not if it's going to delay us by an extra-long amount of time compared with if we took a bus directly to the park...

Opinions?
SugarSweetLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
illinidp
Mouseketeer

You're better off busing to the MK and using the resort loop to visit the resorts and/or taking the Epcot monorail there and park hopping.
illinidp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
ericstac
DIS Veteran

I don't think there is a bus from resort to TTC.. And if you did get to the TTC it could add like 20-30 minutes depending on how busy it is not only there but at theory and gf resorts as it stops there too.. And if there are wheelchair peeps getting on or off the delay can drive you crazy lol..
2013 - Beach Club/Polynesian - Christmas
2014 - (May) Port Orleans Riverside
2014 - (July) Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - (Dec) Port Orleans Riverside

EJ's Disney Pinterest Board

EJ's 2014 VLOG has Begun
ericstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:39 AM   #4
txmom411
Earning My Ears

I would avoid the TTC too. Take the bus from your resort to magic kingdom. If the pop century bus arrives first at the park. You can take that back and walk over to art of animation.
txmom411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM   #5
rcklein5269
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSweetLee View Post
All my times visiting Disney while growing up, we always traveled by car, parked, and took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom from the TTC. In my opinion, there's something really special about using the monorail to get your first taste of Disney on the way in to the park. In our upcoming first trip together, DH and I will be staying at AoA, so we won't be in one of the resorts on the monorail line. I see on that the buses will actually take you right up to the MK entrance, bypassing the *need* for the monorail. Buuut...can you take a bus to the TTC? And would that add a ridiculous amount of travel time to getting from the resort to the park? I would love for DH and I to get that first taste of magic on the monorail, but not if it's going to delay us by an extra-long amount of time compared with if we took a bus directly to the park... Opinions?
It will take longer but if it's what u want then do it. I would maybe grab a bus to downtown Disney... Shop or grab a quick bite it just grab a bus to one of the resorts that is on the line with MK and take your chariot into the kingdom.... I bet you will never forget it and that you got to share that feeling with another
rcklein5269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #6
SugarSweetLee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcklein5269 View Post
It will take longer but if it's what u want then do it. I would maybe grab a bus to downtown Disney... Shop or grab a quick bite it just grab a bus to one of the resorts that is on the line with MK and take your chariot into the kingdom.... I bet you will never forget it and that you got to share that feeling with another
You sound like a romantic to me! I will keep thinking on these options and maybe see if DH has a preference...
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #7
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

There is no bus from POP to the TTC. You could take a bus from POP to Epcot and then monorail to the TTC and switch there for the MK Monorail.
Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM   #8
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

Take the bus, enjoy the Disney music. The bus pulling into the MK with that music and announcements will be a new tradition. You will have plenty of time to ride the monorail during your visit.

RMAMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM   #9
SugarSweetLee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAMom View Post
Take the bus, enjoy the Disney music. The bus pulling into the MK with that music and announcements will be a new tradition. You will have plenty of time to ride the monorail during your visit.
Very good point. That will be something new for both of us to experience together!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: