Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Arrow ~The UN-Official All Star Sports Thread ~ Pics on Page 13

I could not find an official All Star Sports Thread so I thought I would start an Un-official one.

Any FAQ's or Reviews of All Star Sports?
Tell me what you like or do not like about All Star Sports.

1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Phone: 407-939-5000
Fax: 407-939-7333
Check In: 4:00pm Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1920

Maximum persons per disney all star resort room:
4 (plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib)
Total Number of rooms: 1920
Room size: 260 Sq. Ft.
Preferred rooms are in the Surf's Up building.
96 king bed rooms, 50% are handicapped accessible
960 connecting rooms

Resort Overview:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resor...s-overview.htm

Check here for 2014 rates:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disne...2014.htm#value

Pools
The two pools at Disney's All Star Sports Resort are surfing and baseball themed. The main pool, Surfboard Bay pool, is located behind the Stadium Hall (the resort's central area). Giant shark fins, surfboards and waves circle the pool area. Lifeguards are on duty from 10am-10pm. Pool hours are from 8am to 12am. Pools are considered 'quiet areas' from 10pm to midnight. There is also a childrens wading pool here. The Grand Slam pool is the quiet pool and is located in front of the Home Run hotel. It is shaped like a baseball diamond with an "outfield" sundeck and a water-sprinkling Goofy pitching from the center of the pool.

Dining
While there is no sit down restaurant here, there is the End Zone Food Court that seats 550 people. Decorated with football and surfing scenes, giant sports figures are found atop the red, green and blue dining booths. Pizza, pasta, barbecue ribs, fruit, sandwiches, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, kids' favorites such as macaroni and cheese and chicken fingers, and "Blue Plate" specials are the featured fare here. Hours are usually 6 a.m. to midnight. Room service is limited to pizza, salads, soft drinks, and beer and this may be ordered from 5 p.m. to midnight. Also, you can purchase a refillable mug at the End Zone food court.

Here is a link with the menu and prices for the foodcourt at All Star Sports.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.ID=345

SERVICES/AMENITIES:
Babysitting/Childcare Services
ATM
Valet Service Cleaning
Coin Laundry facilities
Express Check Out
Refillable Mugs for sale
Luggage Service (runs on hourly drop-off system)
Sport Goofy Gift and Sundries shop
Voice Mail
Team Spirits Poolside bar
Refrigerator
Wi-Fi is available in all Guest rooms and select public spaces

Fun Facts:
Opened April 29, 1994
Covers 90 acres of property
Surfboard Bay pool holds 242,471 gallons of water while the Grand Slam pool holds 119,590 gallons
The silver star by the Surfboard Bay pool is 46 feet high and weighs over 33,000 pounds

HOME RUN HOTEL

-It would take over 20 million cans of Coca-Cola to fill one of the large Coke cups - that's equal to all of the water in Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool!
-It would take ten of those large Coke cups to fill Spaceship Earth at Epcot.
-Each of the large baseball bats is longer than a Walt Disney World bus.

TOUCHDOWN

-If a football player were to wear one of the large football helmets, he would have to be over 200 feet tall - that's taller than the Tower of Terror.

HOOPS HOTEL

-The two whistles are 60 feet long and 20 feet high. The pea inside the whistle is 9 feet in diameter.
-If a person were large enough to blow one of those whistles, it could be heard from as far away as Tampa, Florida.
-The 45-foot megaphone is as long as the engine on the locomotive that circles the Magic Kingdom.
-There are over 70 basketballs hanging from the sides of the buildings.

CENTER COURT

-It would take 9,474,609 tennis balls to fill one of the large tennis ball cans - that's enough tennis balls to stretch from Walt Disney World to Key West!
-The judge's chair stands over 4 stories high.
-The 51-foot tennis racquet is so large that it could almost cover an entire tennis court.
-The tennis balls attached to the balconies are almost 5 feet in diameter.

SURF'S UP

-The two shark fins are 38 feet high. The Great White Sharks belonging to those fins would have to be 300 feet long.
-It would take 6 surfer dudes standing on each other's shoulders to carry the giant surfboards.

All Star Sports Resort Map:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarsportsmap.htm

Official All Star Sports Webpage:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ortLandingPage

Last edited by MickMan; 06-20-2014 at 03:06 PM.
MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

well let me be the first:

My family of 4 have stayed at AS Sports several times. For the money that you pay I think it is a great resort. We always stay in a preferred location, meaning surf's up building #1 which is very convenient to everything. They have 2 pools but I think one is under construction right now- surf's up pool that is. This resort is currently being rehabbed so everything will be new. Just remember that it is a "value" resort so they offer less amenities than the mods or deluxes. I think the value resorts are more geared to sports teams that come to town or families as many find it very affordable to stay here. You can the other resorts pools- music and movies. The icons here are priceless and offer great photo opportunities for your family. AS Sports also is first on the bus line meaning you get picked up first and dropped off first. The rooms aren't very big but if you are going to be in the parks all day and just need a place to sleep than a value resort if for you and yours. My sons are older now so the room has grown too small.
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
Poohbear123
Will travel without lipstick
I was tingling at SSW
Born and raised in MIAMI
I sing along to the Piped in Music!...LOUD!

Thumbs up Thanks for starting this thread....

I have stayed many times at Sports, and just recently was there for 4 nights. I am NOT a Sports fan, but don't mind staying here, as its closer to AK and Blizzard Beach is right up the street. I find that Building 10 Football, is close to the Food Court, and I love staying on the 3rd floor. Last time I was there, a few weeks back, they started the renovations on the rooms at Buiding 10, and I will be staying there again in Nov. Food Court is OK, Pizza delivery and Ice cream is available. Its the first to be picked up and dropped off with the Buses.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:37 AM   #4
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Has anyone been there around Christmas time? Do they decorate alot or just a tree in the lobby?

Thanks!

Old 08-30-2007, 06:44 AM   #5
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

It would be helpful to have the first several posts contain information that others planning a trip to All Star Sports would find useful.

I am sure that many people will be able to help you with this.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:11 AM   #6
MickMan
DIS Veteran

I just put the thread out there for people to post to since I could not find an official or un-official All Star Sports thread. I thought it would be usefull for any information to be shared. I have never stayed there so was just looking for any helpfull information and nothing specific.

And others may find this helpfull also or maybe not. At least it is a start.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:24 AM   #7
safetymom
Have will travel

The FAQ threads are maintained by those people that have stayed at the resort or are looking to stay at the resort.

This is a great idea for a thread so it would be nice if posters posted factual information for others to use when planning a vacation to this resort.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:32 AM   #8
MickMan
DIS Veteran

I agree.

Last edited by MickMan; 08-30-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #9
safetymom
Have will travel

I am just trying to get others to join in to make this a great thread.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:34 AM   #10
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Anyone have pictures of All Star Sports?

Old 09-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #11
canron
DIS Veteran

we have stayed at allstar sports since it opened,,we have seen all the other resorts being built,,music and movies,,as well as pop..but the best is sports,,i cann see my kids running around the pool and grounds everytime we go ..they are 23 and 25 but its the memories i love,,the grounds are clean,,buisy at times ,,but its a second home for us,,we 3 to 4 times a year,,we stayed at pop 4 times but it just donnt seem the same,,
canron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:07 AM   #12
mum of two pirates
DIS Veteran

Location: Just about as far northeast in washington as you can get

Thanks for starting this maybe I might even start to

like it before we go. It is the only resort that I never wanted to stay at. But the codes came out and it was the only place we could stay. Anyway here is some info to post at the top.

All Star Movies 407-939-7000
Fax - 407-939-7111

All Star Music 407-939-6000
Fax - 407-939-7222

All Star Sports 407-939-5000
Fax - 407-939-7333
Old 09-06-2007, 11:12 AM   #13
DJT
DIS Veteran

We stayed there for the first time in August. Have stayed at Music and Movies once time each. We're going back in December and decided on Sports. I like the fact that with the buses, it's the first stop. The grounds were great and the food court just fine. All the CMs were very friendly. Had a great stay.

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:17 AM   #14
bookworm61
Mouseketeer

We stayed last November and are going again this November. Both times, we picked this resort because of the codes. This was our first stay at a value resort and I wasn't expecting much last year, but I was pleasantly surprised. Our rooms were clean and attractive, albeit small. The food court was much better than I expected. It's not just burgers and pizza. For example, one evening I had a salad with grilled salmon. It was fresh and delicious. I have no interest in sports, but I found the resort theming to be charming, not overwhelming. Even though we had a car, we used the bus a few times and found it very convenient and reliable. I am hoping for a similar positive experience this November.
bookworm61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #15
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

stayed there once a few years ago.

going back next Sunday. So will get some more information.

First stay, and only so far, was in the baseball section. Very nice room, also loved the food court. the buses were fine. the only long wait for me was MK.

It was nice place to stay.

here are a few pictures.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/sho...ry.php/cat/535

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: