Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #76
pugluver31902
Mouseketeer

Not always, I have places requests before and not gotten them, like the king size bed. Its just a reqeust, not a garuntee.
pugluver31902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #77
LBelle
I'm soooo jealos
That's the best tag everr!!!!!
Well boys and girls...time for me to rip this popsicle stand
Awwww.....the long ago days of Jello shooters

We returned last week from ASMusic. It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!

We have stayed at POP twice and, as far as I'm concerned, ASMU beats POP hands down in EVERY way!!!

I'll post some pics soon. We stayed in Bldg. 2 of the Jazz Inn...ground floor. Nice and close to everything yet very quiet as well. We thought it was the perfect location.

On our last night there, I went on a picture taking expedition and visited Sports and Movies as well. Sports seemed awful!!! Hordes of teens running everywhere, chanting, whipping footballs around.....and this was well after midnight!!!! It was like walking into a different world compared to Music. At Movies, the lifeguards were getting everybody out of the pools at midnight. Not at Music. We were swimming after 1am on two occasions while we were there. As long as people are quiet they allow you to use the pools at anytime. This was great after a late night in the parks.

Anyways...if anybody has any questions about the resort feel free to ask. I would return there in a heartbeat!!!
LBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #78
lisaluvsmickey2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
We stayed at the Country Fair building and it was EXTREMELY quiet...except for the occasional vacuum flush toilet sound. This building is so far away from the main pool and the main building that it really is very quiet. The flip side is that you have a walk to deal with. We went theme park commando much like your friends sound. We simply walked to the parking lot each morning and drove up front to the main building for busses. Sounds like a pain but it really is not. There really is no "view" worth worrying about at ASMU in my opinion. To my knowledge there is no fireworks show that can be viewed at ASMu. I have stayed there twice.
Thanks Dawgfan! I'll request that area. We are going to have a rental car, so we will probably just drive to the parks. Especially the last few days we are there...Pop Warner Week
Old 09-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #79
cstooge462
Earning My Ears

leaving

I will in Disney in just a few days. I am so excited. I just hope that the rest of the week flies right by.

Bambi

Take this quiz!

Quizilla | Join | Make a Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code
cstooge462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #80
disgram
DIS Veteran

Those of you who are going to the All Star Music, could you do me a great favor? There are three CMs there that are really special to me. They went out of their way to help me several times and they treated me with such respect. I won't go into great detail but just say that all the CMs here were fantastic, but there are three that are really something!

1. Chris, from Elmira. He was in the lobby at check-in and was fantastic!

2. DJ helped me with an airline problem, promptly and made me feel very special.

3. John. While DJ was taking care of the problem, John sat with me and talked to me and made me feel so much better! He helped me see that getting "all my ducks in a row" was not that hard to do and the best thing to do was to relax and let a Higher Power handle things.

If you happen to see these 3, could you tell them that I got home ok, and that I love them dearly!

Barbara
disgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #81
Kimberly815
DIS Veteran
you can call us Mr. and Mrs. ChuckleDoodle!

I think I saw this earlier in the thread, but if someone could reconfirm for me please: The rooms at the ASMu have hair dryers, correct? So there is no need to bring mine from home, right?

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #82
tracylovesdisney
Earning My Ears

Do the suites also have hairdryers? Thanks!

Tracy
tracylovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #83
MissLori
Earning My Ears

This is on our possibility list for our trip in March. Anymore reviews?
MissLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #84
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

which buildings to request- non preffered? I know it's not guaranteed,but opinions are good
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #85
babyyeti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBelle View Post
We returned last week from ASMusic. It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!

We have stayed at POP twice and, as far as I'm concerned, ASMU beats POP hands down in EVERY way!!!

I'll post some pics soon. We stayed in Bldg. 2 of the Jazz Inn...ground floor. Nice and close to everything yet very quiet as well. We thought it was the perfect location.

On our last night there, I went on a picture taking expedition and visited Sports and Movies as well. Sports seemed awful!!! Hordes of teens running everywhere, chanting, whipping footballs around.....and this was well after midnight!!!! It was like walking into a different world compared to Music. At Movies, the lifeguards were getting everybody out of the pools at midnight. Not at Music. We were swimming after 1am on two occasions while we were there. As long as people are quiet they allow you to use the pools at anytime. This was great after a late night in the parks.

Anyways...if anybody has any questions about the resort feel free to ask. I would return there in a heartbeat!!!
Your report got me excited, im leaving for ASMU in 9 days!
I read that this resort was renovated recently and I can't wait to see your pics to see what the renovated rooms look like!!!
thanks!

-All Star Sports Feb. '06
-Fort Wilderness Cabins Aug. '06
-Wilderness Lodge & POFQ Feb. '07
babyyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #86
FoundNemoLostDori
Are my Mickey Ears on Straight?

Hello,

Yes, they definitely have blow dryers and also an iron and ironing board.
It's been 2 weeks and I'm still "grieving" over not being there. I miss Disney so much and the time just flew by! The All Star Music was very clean, and so much fun to stay at. I hope they are still having all the fun activities daily for all of those staying there any time soon. Have fun and remember to take things slowly and make the most of your time there. It always flies by so quickly. (sigh) Oh well..............All Star Music Resort May 2008 here I come!
FoundNemoLostDori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #87
DisneyMarathon
Mouseketeer

Question

Does anyone know if the current king-sized bedrooms still come with refrigerator?

Thanks.
DisneyMarathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:07 PM   #88
asmit4
DIS Veteran

All rooms have hairdryers at ASMu, and the family suites have TWO hairdryers Can't wait! Going in about 5 weeks!

As for king beds? I could have sworn that no rooms at the values have kings- no matter what room. All the beds at the values are FULL's unless you get a family suite which has a Queen for the main bed.
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:16 PM   #89
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
All rooms have hairdryers at ASMu, and the family suites have TWO hairdryers Can't wait! Going in about 5 weeks!

As for king beds? I could have sworn that no rooms at the values have kings- no matter what room. All the beds at the values are FULL's unless you get a family suite which has a Queen for the main bed.

I had a king bed at Pop.

I just booked a family suite for August! I am looking forward to it. I got a AAA rate . I requested Jazz building, since when I was considering standard I wanted Jazz, but I see Calypso is preferred. So, I am wondering if I want to see if I can get Calypso. It does not seem like there is an extra charge to stay in a suite in Calyso vs a suite in Jazz.

Oh, and I don't think anyone ever answered about the toaster. I would also like to know if toasters are permitted in the suites.

Last edited by IMGONNABE40!; 09-13-2007 at 01:04 PM.
IMGONNABE40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #90
hjohnson6
Mouseketeer

If you want a quiet building check out Rock Inn #3. It was nice and quiet for us. Every now and then we would hear a toilet flush but it wasn't that big of a deal.

The boys loved watching Cars from the swimming pool. I loved the complimentary floaties they have available at the pools. We were closer to the piano pool. I like that pool better because there were less kids. It made life much easier for my non-swimmers.

The room itself was comfortable. If you have small children, be sure to call for bedrails. They provide them for free!

I like how Music had a bus for just the resort at most of the parks. I think we shared a bus with sports when we left DTD.

All Star Music - September 2007
One day at DLR - May 2008
hjohnson6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: