Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #781
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydangel68 View Post
Constuction update - you can now go from the pool and food court to the lobby and buses without going around the building!!! Woo hoo! They re-opened access today.

The construction in the food court is still ongoing though.

We are here now so any other questions, just ask.

Cheers
Angela
Will the construction be done by the middle of next month? I switched our 3 nights at Pop to ASMu today because DS wants to stay at "the guitar hotel"
Old 09-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #782
sydangel68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Will the construction be done by the middle of next month? I switched our 3 nights at Pop to ASMu today because DS wants to stay at "the guitar hotel"
I really don't know as there are no signs about advising exactly what they are doing or when it will finish. I will ask a CM tomorrow.

Disney Vacation 2014 - 3 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Fantasy 26 April 2014, 7 night Western Caribbean.... WDW 3 nights Beach Club Resort CL.

Disney Dream Vacation 2012 - 6 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Dream 23 Sep 2012, 4 night Bahamian.... WDW 5 nights Windsor Hills and 4 nights at Beach Club Resort CL.

Aug/Sep 2008 Disneyland, CA - GCH 6 nights...AND....Walt Disney World - 5 Nights Poly & 7 nights ASMu Family Suite both with Free Dining
Sep/Oct 2006 - Disneyland, CA - 8 nights Double Tree Guest Suites & 2 nights GCH
May 2003 - Disneyland, CA - DLH our honeymoon, Dec 1995 - Disneyland, CA - off site, Jan 1980 - Disneyland, CA - off site
sydangel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #783
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I really don't know as there are no signs about advising exactly what they are doing or when it will finish. I will ask a CM tomorrow.
Thanks!

Either way, I'm sure we'll have a great time. It's only for 3 nights anyway.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #784
sydangel68
Mouseketeer

Pictures of the Construction

This is the walkway between the registers and the dining area. Straight ahead are the drinks stations. There are now only 2 drink stations, one complete side (the right one) has been boarded up.

This is the seating area that has now been halved and added to it are the microwaves, toasters and condiments. There are also coffee dispensers here.

This is the door to the food court that is closest to Calypso blg 10. This has now been closed up. On the otherside of the door was the other half of the drinks area which is also closed.

Sorry about the blur on the pics, its actually condesation on the lens as I came from a cold a/c room out to the humid Florida air.

Cheers
Angela

Disney Vacation 2014 - 3 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Fantasy 26 April 2014, 7 night Western Caribbean.... WDW 3 nights Beach Club Resort CL.

Disney Dream Vacation 2012 - 6 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Dream 23 Sep 2012, 4 night Bahamian.... WDW 5 nights Windsor Hills and 4 nights at Beach Club Resort CL.

Aug/Sep 2008 Disneyland, CA - GCH 6 nights...AND....Walt Disney World - 5 Nights Poly & 7 nights ASMu Family Suite both with Free Dining
Sep/Oct 2006 - Disneyland, CA - 8 nights Double Tree Guest Suites & 2 nights GCH
May 2003 - Disneyland, CA - DLH our honeymoon, Dec 1995 - Disneyland, CA - off site, Jan 1980 - Disneyland, CA - off site

Last edited by sydangel68; 09-08-2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: fixed link to display photo
sydangel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:36 AM   #785
ajcolorado
lots of pokey crumbs in my cleavage
I’m a mini-van mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
I love movies at the all-star Music in October! Oh! One more thing i need the list of the movies on the month of October! And what time is the movie show!
I found this listing for the movies but don't know how often it is updated:
http://www.*********************.com...vie.html#music
ajcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:17 AM   #786
kileybeth
DIS Veteran

sydangel68, thanks so much for the update and the pics. I have to admit this is sooo discouraging to me. I am so uptight about our first stay in a value anyway, and now this construction. ugh.

I am thinking of calling the hotel direct and asking if they have a finish date they are shooting for.

We actually picked music because after walking around all 4 of the values it felt the least loud, and crowded and noisey. oiy!

I have no interest in the pool side activity as my 2 little ones are not really old enough to participate.

Am planning on using food courts at off hours, using quiet piano pool and maybe hanging out at a couple other resorts lobbies for relaxation. Anyone have any other words of encouragment to offer?

AUG 1977, OCT 1985, OCT 1986, DEC 1988, DEC 1991, FEB 1995, JAN 2000, DEC 2001, FEB 2005, SEPT 2005, JAN 2007, SEPT 2007 and again SEPT 2007!MAR/APRIL 2008, SEPT 2008
Our 1st Cruise Ever on the Disney Magic 9/18-26/2009
Our 2nd Cruise on the Magic EBTA April 2010
WDW Dec 2010 WDW Jan 2011 WDW Jan 2012

And many more I am dreaming about and holding a onboard discount for!URL="http://www.disboards.com/"][/URL]
kileybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #787
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

thanks for the info! I can't wait!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #788
Neesy228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi, I was wondering if you did talk to anyone about an end date? We're going to be arriving in 10 days...I'm hoping the impact is minimal during our stay.

Thanks for the pics and the updates! Such valuable info!

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever. ~ Walt Disney

Me DH DS DS DD
Neesy228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #789
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

I can't hardly wait to stay in Disney's All-Star Music Resort!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #790
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neesy228 View Post
Hi, I was wondering if you did talk to anyone about an end date? We're going to be arriving in 10 days...I'm hoping the impact is minimal during our stay.
Back on page 39 there was a report of a flyer that said it would be finished by Sept 12th. Updated info would be nice if anyone has any.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #791
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

so has it been confirmed that they're only re-doing the floor?
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #792
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileybeth View Post

Am planning on using food courts at off hours, using quiet piano pool and maybe hanging out at a couple other resorts lobbies for relaxation. Anyone have any other words of encouragment to offer?
You could easily walk to Sports or Movies for their food court and pools, if you wanted to. We stayed at ASMo in 2004, and we were in the Toy Story section, which is all the way across the resort from where ASMusic is. Even with a 3-yo walking and little one in the stroller, it wasn't 10 minutes from Music's bus stop to our room, walking through Melody Hall, out the back by the pool and across that way. I haven't been to Sports, but I assume it's set up pretty much the same way.

I hope you have a great trip!
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #793
kileybeth
DIS Veteran

bigbabyblues, Thanks for the encouragement! I had not thought about that. I'm sure the little ones might like to see all those giant icons over at ASMo.

AUG 1977, OCT 1985, OCT 1986, DEC 1988, DEC 1991, FEB 1995, JAN 2000, DEC 2001, FEB 2005, SEPT 2005, JAN 2007, SEPT 2007 and again SEPT 2007!MAR/APRIL 2008, SEPT 2008
Our 1st Cruise Ever on the Disney Magic 9/18-26/2009
Our 2nd Cruise on the Magic EBTA April 2010
WDW Dec 2010 WDW Jan 2011 WDW Jan 2012

And many more I am dreaming about and holding a onboard discount for!URL="http://www.disboards.com/"][/URL]
kileybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #794
justplaingoofy
DIS Veteran

just back...info on renovations & then some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk Gal View Post
How is it going at the food court renovations for anyone who just got back???

Will be there this Sat.
Just got back last night from All Star music.......we had a great trip! Some positives & negatives depending on how you look at it...heres so info.

Renovations-
The renovations are still going on at the food court...
we arrived last Tuesday, Sept. 3 and the renovations was that the hallway between lobby and food court was blocked off. Around Sunday they opened that, however you could not exit out of the front door to the busses so you either had to go around to the front desk or through the gift shop. On Sunday they really moved the renovation into the food court. Sorry to report it is not worse. (as of yesterday anyway).... they have 1/2 of the drink bar closed so there was only 2 soda/drink machines and 2 coffee machines going. We usually eat off peak times, but the wait was a couple of minutes to stand in line to get your coffee/soda. They also had an area right behind the registers closed off so once you paid at the register you had to merge with other guests walking by. (some guests were having problems doing this while walking with a tray)..

Rooms- plenty of storage space (we thought)... we did have a brand new mattress the tags on the mattress said a date in late August. (we were in Jazz). There was a tractor trailer truck in the parking lot full of mattresses and looked like they were moving them in.
Activities/pool
Alot of activities around the pool area from hula hoop contests, dancing, movies at the pool at night... many times we were just getting back from the parks around 10pm or so and the pool was LOADED with people. If you want action & don't mind some noise then you could stay around Calyapso. (for us it would have been too noisy..we had Jazz We had requested & got 3rd floor. Not much noise from the pipes, we kept our bathroom door shut (nothing like we experienced when we stayed at Pop last trip we had ground floor and the pipes were really noisy)

Busses-
Fantastic! We did have a rental car which we used often, but did use the busses for a couple of times. Each time a bus was either right there or another was there within a couple of minutes!

Restaurants- was surprised at how they weren't crazy The longest we waited for our adr was about :05 minutes! There were many times we heard guests walk up when I was checking in asking if they had any openings..most times it was within :15min, even Rose & Crown were seating people without ADRS at 8:15pm!

Parks- if you can get there at park opening or just before the parks were dead! within the first hour we rode: Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Small World, Pooh, & Space Mountain. (we spent more time walking from one attraction to the next.) Even space mountain at 10am... I never stopped walking until my butt was seated in the rollercoaster seat

Alamo Car rental- we used the kiosk, took less than 1 minute and we were out the door to the garage, grabbed a car, proceeded to the gate (no one in front of us) and on our way to Disney

Sundaes......hmmm... for a dessert for counter service you could get a yummy brownie sundae...or for a snack credit you could get a regular sundae... these were so big that we split it... you could get 2 or 3 scoops of icecream.. (sometimes they'd give us 2 other times 3)
Did I forget anything?

Last edited by justplaingoofy; 09-10-2008 at 03:44 PM.
justplaingoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #795
tommasson77
Earning My Ears

really hope they keep these activities. Because I would like to stay at Music on our next trip but this will be a reason to convince my 7 yr old DS he will enjoy Music. He enjoyed the small games at the CBR's pool this past summer.
tommasson77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: