Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2007, 05:44 AM   #46
Babboo
Earning my Ears with SharkyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundNemoLostDori View Post
I just got back from All Star Music and first let me say...... Why oh why couldn't it have been longer?!
FNLD thanks very much for the positive report. SharkyGoddess and I will be there in just over a month (hoping these activities are still going...) and are very much looking forward to having a wonderful time.

To everyone who has contributed to this thread (and will in the future) thank you as well for all the great info!

SG Me DS19 DD18 DS9

October 2007 ~ ASMu ~ for MNSSHP with my SharkyGoddess and the kiddos!

October 2010 ~ US/IOA ~ HardRock ~ for HHN and HP with SG and Kids

October 2013 ~ US/IOA ~ HardRock ~ HHN and parks then some serious relaxation time with SG and the kids
Babboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 AM   #47
DISNEYJAZZ
DIS Veteran

Question

i have an odd question...can you bring a toaster to the family suites? we will be there for 6 nights/7 days and will have breakfast in the room and it would be nice for the grands to have toast with their oatmeal ....too bad our ross store sold out of rhte disney toasters before i could get there...and they were only $9!!!! man i'd love soem toast with a slipper toasted on the side ...heehee thansk for any info....

Allstar Music Family Suite April 4-12,2008 ,Nanna,Pawpaw,Brendi,Elli & Blaze.
POP Century May 28-June 3,2011,Nanna,Pawpaw,Candice,Chad,Kensleigh,Gracie & Chloe!
DISNEYJAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2007, 09:58 AM   #48
zipuzee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath1210 View Post
Yes, a few weeks ago, we had a standard room in the Broadway building and we did have a hair dryer.
Thanks! one less thing to pack. I'll make sure to take lots of pics and post them when we get back..can't wait!!

Lauri

1976 (FW), 1984 (FW), 1988 (FW), 1992 (FW), 1995 (POLY), 2001 (offsite), 2006 (WL), 2007 (ASMu) 2014 (ASMu)
zipuzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #49
cstooge462
Earning My Ears

just bumping

bump bump bump

Bambi

Take this quiz!

Quizilla | Join | Make a Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code
cstooge462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #50
emh1129
I admit, though, that I had Disney-tunnel-vision
Had a fish named mushroom
Most of the people here are completely clueless

FoundNemo- I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip! Thanks for taking the time to post We have never stayed there before but we're excited to try it!

emh1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #51
cstooge462
Earning My Ears

food court

okay for those who have stayed at All Star Music what did you think of the food court. Was it always crowded? Did it have a good selection to pick from? My dh is so worried that he will not be able to find something to eat when we are at the resort. THANKS!!!

Bambi

Take this quiz!

Old 09-01-2007, 09:37 PM   #52
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstooge462 View Post
okay for those who have stayed at All Star Music what did you think of the food court. Was it always crowded? Did it have a good selection to pick from? My dh is so worried that he will not be able to find something to eat when we are at the resort. THANKS!!!
Here's a link to the food court's menu from allears:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_asm2.htm

We stayed at ASMovies in 2004, granted 3 years ago, but still... We used Music's bus a few times, and when we were walking to our resort, we talked about how Music didn't seem as crowded. I don't know if it was just the right time or what, but when we returned from the park at night, there were plenty of seats in the food court, the pool bar, etc.

We're considering Music for our trip in 2008.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:20 AM   #53
Cinders Mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstooge462 View Post
Thank you alll so much for posting. I agree that All Star has been ignored so lets hope to put an end to that. I have a laundry question and hoping that someone will have the answer. I will be at ASMU for 10 days and will probably need to do some laundry during one of our afternoon breaks. Can anyone tell me how much does it cost to wash and dry and are the laundry areas busy mid afternoon?

Also "Linda" if you are out there we would love to hear some of your tips.

not sure if I saw a reply to this question, if so sorry for repeating answer.

Washers are $2, dryers are $2, individual sachets of powder and downy are $1 each. There is a change machine in the laundry room, but if this is not working it is a short walk to the arcade for more machines.

If found mornings and early afternoons to be fine, as most others are in the parks.

I cannot wait to get back to Music again, starting to get the tummy butterflies....

Val
xx
Cinders Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #54
cstooge462
Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much for your answers, it clears up a lot of questions. Only a 12 more days until I am off to see Mickey

Bambi

Take this quiz!

Old 09-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #55
GaMsStella2
Mouseketeer

Just wanting to join in here with all the other ASMU We will be checking in on the 17th Sept-23 we have stayed over at ASMO but never here before.
There will be 7 of us staying in 2 rooms. I can't think of a better place to stay with the grandkids. We will be decorating our windows and going to the MNSSHP on the 21st. I am sure you all have heard about the Bounce Back free dinning offer for 2008 if possible can some confirm that you got the offer while stay at ASMU if you get there before we do. I just can't wait and please feel free to say Hey if you see us

GaMsStella2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #56
CharlieTuna
Earning My Ears

As Mu

Just got back from All Star Music. I was delighted to see DJ and Ellen there. I last saw them at the Grand Floridian working together and they seemed like a great team. Not sure what this new program is (from reading previous posts), but if those two are there, it must be great. They are phenomenal managers.

Other than that, it was clean, fun and cheap.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #57
diznyfanatic
Officially a Moosehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieTuna View Post
Just got back from All Star Music. I was delighted to see DJ and Ellen there. I last saw them at the Grand Floridian working together and they seemed like a great team. Not sure what this new program is (from reading previous posts), but if those two are there, it must be great. They are phenomenal managers.

Other than that, it was clean, fun and cheap.
Is that the same DJ from Boardwalk? If so, that is great news and really makes me excited to stay at ASMU for the first time!

I heard DJ had been transferred to another property to act in some corporate training capacity and he certainly would be a huge asset in that type of position. The personal service we experienced on his watch at BWV was the best we've experienced on property.

I hope he is there when we check-in in October as I would love to say Hi!!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #58
MegaWoman
Queen of Tír na nÓg

We'll be there in December! I'm REALLY excited now!

Hi
After reading all these posts, I'm positive we've chosen the right resort.

Can anyone tell me if ASMu is decorated well for Christmas? I've seen photos here of the Deluxe resorts decorated to the nines for Christmas - what are the values like?

Are there special food items at the resort just for Christmas (NOT fruitcake, yuck!)

Anything else I should know about Christmas time?

Peace
Stephanie

March 2007 - First Trip! Offsite (6 days) / December 2007 - ASMu (10 days) / December 2008 - ASMu & Free Dining! (7 days) / May 2011 - ASMu & Star Wars Weekend & Free Dining! (10 days)

We, ate and ate, and ate and ate . . . My 10 day DDP review!

Melted, Roasted, & Cooked (and that's not just the food!) Our 10 day foodie review.
MegaWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #59
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Can't answer the question about Christmas time but I can tell you, we loved ASMu. We stayed at ASMu in June. It was amazing. We were in Broadway building 7 and thought is was wonderful. The Broadway sections is in the back but not really more that a 5 minute walk to the pool and food court. We did not mind the walk. We loved the greenery and the quite places to sit with nice little benches. I love the decor of the Broadway section. I felt like we were walking down the street to the theater every time we went back to our rooms.

DD took quite a fix pictures with her digital camera and if someone would kindly tell us how to post them, I will have her try tomorrow.

Have a great trip!

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #60
Chef
Earning My Ears

first solo!!

So excited to be going to ASmu! Its my first solo trip in less than 6 days!
September 9-16 ASmu
September 16-21 BWV

Looking forward to meeting many Dis people.
Send me a note if you are going to be there the same time as me.

All the best,
Chef Scott
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: