Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #2401
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_with_Dopey View Post
Was wondering if anyone knows if the bed can be pushed up against the wall? Or has anyone done this to keep a child from falling out of bed.
The beds can not be moved but you can request bed rails for your child.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #2402
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I just came back from AoA and while it is a nice resort, it was waaaaay to long of a walk from the LM section to the food court. I cant wait to stay at ASMu where I wont have to trek a mile to get a drink

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #2403
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
I just came back from AoA and while it is a nice resort, it was waaaaay to long of a walk from the LM section to the food court. I cant wait to stay at ASMu where I wont have to trek a mile to get a drink
I havn't stayed at AoA but we did visit and walked around. I was really surprised by how far the mermaid rooms really were from the main building. In my experience the maps are exagerated and the distances are usually very managable. This is probably the first resort that the distance on the map is accurate. The buildings really do have the large spaces in between them. In contrast to this, the ASMu map shows large spaces between the buildings but in reality there is very little space between them.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #2404
AshRose26
Earning My Ears

ALSMu Suite

I am looking at a suite for Alsmu. Would it hold comfortably 4 adults and a 2 yr old, 4 yr old and an 11 yr old?
AshRose26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #2405
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshRose26 View Post
I am looking at a suite for Alsmu. Would it hold comfortably 4 adults and a 2 yr old, 4 yr old and an 11 yr old?
IDK about 'comfortably' but I think the only way it would possibly work is:
2 adults in the full sofa bed
2 adults in the queen bed
11 year old in the pull out chair
4 year old in the pull out ottoman
2 year old in a pack & play
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #2406
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
I havn't stayed at AoA but we did visit and walked around. I was really surprised by how far the mermaid rooms really were from the main building. In my experience the maps are exagerated and the distances are usually very managable. This is probably the first resort that the distance on the map is accurate. The buildings really do have the large spaces in between them. In contrast to this, the ASMu map shows large spaces between the buildings but in reality there is very little space between them.
I agree. Looking at the map I thought the distance was exaggerated, but nope...there is quite a bit of distance between each building. I did enjoy staying there because it is a new resort and only one other family was in the room before me, but I wont stay there again. The walk really made my kids irritable and I can't have that while at Disney

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 10-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #2407
dancin Disney style

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshRose26 View Post
Technically....yes, you will fit in the suite but comfortably, that I doubt. IMO, you would be much better off booking 2 regular rooms. That way everyone gets a proper bed....not a fold out. Cost wise it's slightly less.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #2408
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I'm wondering what section to request when I call to add requests to my online check-in. I really want to stay in the Broadway section, I'm just curious if anyone knows how far the walk is to the buses? Would Jazz really be that much better? I did see the discussion about how the maps don't represent distance well, and when I was at Sports I definitely felt like the walk was shorter than the map indicated...

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #2409
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I decided to request building 8 in the Broadway section... I'm sure it won't be too bad.

Does anyone know if any regular pin trading goes on at Music? At Sports I know a CM had a pin-board in the food court on certain evenings...

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #2410
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze
I'm wondering what section to request when I call to add requests to my online check-in. I really want to stay in the Broadway section, I'm just curious if anyone knows how far the walk is to the buses? Would Jazz really be that much better? I did see the discussion about how the maps don't represent distance well, and when I was at Sports I definitely felt like the walk was shorter than the map indicated...
Our first stay at ASMu was in Broadway, and I didn't think it was too far from anything, and it was close to the smaller pool shaped like a piano with an Ariel statue.

Our 2nd stay was in Jazz and I loved it! We were right by the drum and it was very reasonable to get breakfast from the food court and it would still be hot by the time I got to the room. But it was still quiet, enough away from the main pool. And, there was a large Brasilian group staying in the back section (country?) and we weren't impacted by them unless they were in the food court all at the same time.

Our 3rd stay was in Rock and I hated the location. We had to weave around pathways and every time I passed Jazz I'd mentally say "I wish we were in our old room!".
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #2411
aras4007
Mouseketeer

How big is the pull out chair? I'm 5'7 and wondered if I would fit on it?
Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #2412
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze
I decided to request building 8 in the Broadway section... I'm sure it won't be too bad.

Does anyone know if any regular pin trading goes on at Music? At Sports I know a CM had a pin-board in the food court on certain evenings...
Yes, there are pin boards about : In the gift shop ask to see the book/board, in the lobby at various times by the DVC stand, and sometimes the board will be out with the kids activities.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #2413
dancin Disney style

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
I think it would be uncomfortable unless you don't move in your sleep. The chair and ottoman pullout really only fit children.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #2414
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
I think it would be uncomfortable unless you don't move in your sleep. The chair and ottoman pullout really only fit children.
I'm not sure that's true. I slept fine in the chair (are the chair and ottoman the same size? I feel like the ottoman seemed smaller and more like a cot than the chair did.) As far as length though, I'm only 5'3" so can't speak to PP's question.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #2415
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
I didn't sleep on it but did try it out for a short while and I fit fine. I'm 5'8". I found it more comfortable than the sleep sofa.

The ottoman is smaller.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: