Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #2326
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!
 
angwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,675

King rooms are only allowed 2 adults no children. They will not assign them to anyone with 3 people in the room.

As for the heating pad yes there is an outlet near the bed for one. I know because I bring mine with every trip too.

On the busses I agree with everything said. I actually prefer the AS busses because I have a better chance at getting a seat since I have terrible balance when I have stayed at POP I seem to stand 90 percent of the time despite having only one stop all the time.
__________________
AngAlWill Angel:
angwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #2327
PFW
Mouseketeer
 
PFW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 155

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure if those little heat packs would cover a large enough area. Also, I need something that is moveable because I not only have my usual lower back problems I also have problems in my upper back from my accident in April. So, with my normal heating pad I can move it at will.
__________________


8/29 - WDP

5/89, 8/92, 8/93 , 8/94, 8/96 7/07 Off site
8/12 All Star Music Pre Trip Report
PFW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #2328
Mousemom234
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 2400 km from The World ~ NH
Posts: 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemom234
1) Could anybody tell me what the sanitizing system is for the Piano Pool
?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzorn View Post
I believe all the Disney pools use bromine.
Thankies.
We have some issues with chlorine (anything, even bleached clothes), and were hoping to be able to use the pool next month [without sneaking into CSR ].
__________________
.......... ...........,Rizzo's Raiders

Me -----------DH --------- & ------
1987 Disney Inn... 1989 Poly... 1991 Port Orleans...
...Offsite x5... CBR... Disney Institute... CSR... OKW... POP... CBR...
2009 CSR... August 2012 ASMu.... Next: unknown

2003-5 WDW Great Races
Mousemom234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #2329
Katmat75
DIS Veteran
 
Katmat75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 877

I just went onto WDW website and was looking to see if the rooms have coffe pots and I did not see them listed. Does anyone know if they do?
We usually stay at CBR and they have them, but not sure about ASMu!
__________________



August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #2330
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmat75 View Post
I just went onto WDW website and was looking to see if the rooms have coffe pots and I did not see them listed. Does anyone know if they do?
We usually stay at CBR and they have them, but not sure about ASMu!
Sorry, no coffee pots in the single rooms. The family suites do have them though.
__________________
dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #2331
jm106
DIS Veteran
 
jm106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Sorry, no coffee pots in the single rooms. The family suites do have them though.
This is SO sad. I somehow forgot to check that was still the way. Now to spend my last week searching for places to get a decent cup the 2 mornings I am there.
__________________


7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 7 day Wyndahm Property October 2014
jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #2332
Katmat75
DIS Veteran
 
Katmat75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Sorry, no coffee pots in the single rooms. The family suites do have them though.
Thanks for the info. Although I am very sad about this!

Now where to find coffee in the morning and at night!! I guess I will look for a cheap coffee pot to try and squeeze in my suitcase!

Let's go September!!!!
__________________



August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #2333
KSBelle77
Mouseketeer
 
KSBelle77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmat75

Thanks for the info. Although I am very sad about this!

Now where to find coffee in the morning and at night!! I guess I will look for a cheap coffee pot to try and squeeze in my suitcase!

Let's go September!!!!
I know it's not the same but instant might fit better. If I remember correctly from my trip in 2010 I thin there I've coffee avalible in the food court.
__________________
2001 - High School Marched at the Magic Kingdom
2010 - 3rd Anniversary Trip (All-Star Music)
2011 - 1st 5K, Royal Family
2012 - 1st Half Marathon, Disney Princess
2012 - Birthday trip and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon
2013 - 1st Disney Marathon
2013 - 1st Trip to Disneyland, Disneyland 1/2 Marathon, Dumbo Dare Challenge
2015 - 1st Dopey Challenge, 2nd Disney Marathon
2015 - Law School Graduation, KS Bar Exam
2015 - 1st Disney Cruise, Fantasy
KSBelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #2334
jm106
DIS Veteran
 
jm106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSBelle77 View Post
I know it's not the same but instant might fit better. If I remember correctly from my trip in 2010 I thin there I've coffee avalible in the food court.
Its Nescafe I cant do it, just bad bad stuff. I am going to have to pick up some coffee bags or Via and make it that way. Can I use the microwave in food court to heat my own water to make it? I am not going to spend $ on refillable mugs(dont drink soda and wasted $ buying them last trip) so I cant even get hot water.
__________________


7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 7 day Wyndahm Property October 2014
jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #2335
PFW
Mouseketeer
 
PFW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 155

You can get large styrofoam coffee cups with lids at the grocery store and bring them with you. Then you can just take one with you, get hot water to make your VIA from the drink dispenser area at the food court. When you are done you can toss the cup. No need to buy the mug or use the microwave and hot water is free.
__________________


8/29 - WDP

5/89, 8/92, 8/93 , 8/94, 8/96 7/07 Off site
8/12 All Star Music Pre Trip Report
PFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #2336
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106 View Post
This is SO sad. I somehow forgot to check that was still the way. Now to spend my last week searching for places to get a decent cup the 2 mornings I am there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106 View Post
Its Nescafe I cant do it, just bad bad stuff. I am going to have to pick up some coffee bags or Via and make it that way. Can I use the microwave in food court to heat my own water to make it? I am not going to spend $ on refillable mugs(dont drink soda and wasted $ buying them last trip) so I cant even get hot water.
I don't drink coffee but I have heard from many friends that the Via is pretty good. I'm sure it's much better than the Nescrape.

As far as getting hot water .....bring your own mug. I'm a tea drinker and always bring my own (can't stand the stuff they offer) and then just go to the food court to get a cup of hot water. While technically you need a refillable mug to use the beverage island I did ask a CM if it was OK to get hot water with my own mug and was told yes. Every trip I ask before I take it and they have no problem with it. The very first time I did it the water was to steam my sinuses and the CM I spoke with said that there were many legit reasons to allow guests the hot water without a WDW mug.....most common is for baby bottles.
__________________
dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #2337
Disney_Aggie
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Buda, Texas
Posts: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmat75 View Post
Thanks for the info. Although I am very sad about this!

Now where to find coffee in the morning and at night!! I guess I will look for a cheap coffee pot to try and squeeze in my suitcase!

Let's go September!!!!

My outlook on coffee in the world:

You could go into town and buy a cheap coffee maker and your favorite brew for around $35. Once the trip is done, either ship it home via USPS or donate it to the Mousekeeping crew. Just depends on how much you despise the Nestcafe, as to the value of BYOCP.
__________________
Me - 42 ; DW - 40 ; DS - 18

1975 - First trip to the World - Off Site
1982 - Original Treehouse Villas
2002 - Honeymooned the World
2004 - Christmas in the World WOW the crowds!
2006 - Two family adventure (Ms. Heimlich recapped at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1202340) I'm DB in her posts.
2010 - Just another hot August trip!
2012 - Graduation/40th Birthday Gift trip.
Disney_Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #2338
Katmat75
DIS Veteran
 
Katmat75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Aggie View Post
My outlook on coffee in the world:

You could go into town and buy a cheap coffee maker and your favorite brew for around $35. Once the trip is done, either ship it home via USPS or donate it to the Mousekeeping crew. Just depends on how much you despise the Nestcafe, as to the value of BYOCP.
Thanks, Disney_Aggie!

Nestcafe is not the greatest for sure, but when you really want a cup of coffee just about anything will do


Do they have coffee available at night time in the food court? Or is just cold drinks?
__________________



August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #2339
jm106
DIS Veteran
 
jm106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style

I don't drink coffee but I have heard from many friends that the Via is pretty good. I'm sure it's much better than the Nescrape.

As far as getting hot water .....bring your own mug. I'm a tea drinker and always bring my own (can't stand the stuff they offer) and then just go to the food court to get a cup of hot water. While technically you need a refillable mug to use the beverage island I did ask a CM if it was OK to get hot water with my own mug and was told yes. Every trip I ask before I take it and they have no problem with it. The very first time I did it the water was to steam my sinuses and the CM I spoke with said that there were many legit reasons to allow guests the hot water without a WDW mug.....most common is for baby bottles.
Thanks, I didn't think I was allowed to take hot water so good to know. I was planning to use my mug from last time for my coffee so I don't need to pack cups but I don't want it to look like I'm trying to reuse my mug. Guess I'll just take paper coffee cups I have.
__________________


7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 7 day Wyndahm Property October 2014
jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #2340
Mousemom234
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 2400 km from The World ~ NH
Posts: 332

I picked up a Black & Decker 'Brew & Go' for about $18USD at K-Mart. It's a single serve brewer that has its own filter and travel mug, and uses regular ground coffee. Makes around 12 ounces, I think. Gets very high rating in the reviews.
The box is about 7x7x10 ±

Come helium hockey sticks or high water, it's going in a corner of the suitcase And first off will be a shopping trip for coffee and real cream!
I will not be stranded at Disney without my coffee fix

I can't drink Nescacrap - it actually makes me physically ill - especially with non-dairy whitener....
__________________
.......... ...........,Rizzo's Raiders

Me -----------DH --------- & ------
1987 Disney Inn... 1989 Poly... 1991 Port Orleans...
...Offsite x5... CBR... Disney Institute... CSR... OKW... POP... CBR...
2009 CSR... August 2012 ASMu.... Next: unknown

2003-5 WDW Great Races

Last edited by Mousemom234; 07-25-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: fixed box size after measuring it :)
Mousemom234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: