Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #2311
GoldieLocks5
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 394

We stayed in a family suite at ASMu last April and were very happy with it. Our suite was in a quiet area ... was nice and big for our family of 5. We loved having 2 bathrooms

Our boys were young (2.5yo twins +5yo) so we didn't trust them to sleep in the living area on their own - afraid they'd open the door and walk out, etc... so we had one of us sleeping in the livingroom with a child + the other sleeping in the bed with the other 2 kids. It worked out well - we used cushions from the couch and chair stuck on the side of the bed between the side tables as "bumpers" so my boys wouldn't roll out of bed (the twins still slept in cribs at home).

We only went to the main pool area- never walked down to the one furthest from the main building - so can't comment on that - but the kiddie pool and regular pool kept our boys happy each night

We played in the arcade to kill some time the day we were leaving. The cafeteria was good enough for the few meals we ate there... and we were able to stock up on "snacks" from the DDP on our last day to take home

It was spring break, so very busy- and i thikn they had lots of extra busses running- our bus wait was never long, and we rarely stopped at other hotels to pick people up or drop off... so rides were about 15 minutes to the parks.
__________________



[/url]
Mom to 1+Twins, all boys
Planning our 3rd Disney trip! 1st was March-April 2012, Suite @ ASMu. 2nd was May 5-11 at Beach Club, and 3rd will be early May, Beach Club again!
GoldieLocks5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #2312
appplel
Earning My Ears
 
appplel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 73

Hi all! Considering switching to ASMu for our upcoming September trip and looking for info.

How are the busses? How often do you share with the other 2 AS resorts? How long does it take to get to magic kingdom?

We are traveling with another family. We will probably get family suite, and they will probably be in a standard room. Can we get inte same building? Rooms across hall or beside each other?

TIA!
appplel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #2313
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver
 
flyergrad09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Heart of It All
Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by appplel View Post
Hi all! Considering switching to ASMu for our upcoming September trip and looking for info.

How are the busses? How often do you share with the other 2 AS resorts? How long does it take to get to magic kingdom?

We are traveling with another family. We will probably get family suite, and they will probably be in a standard room. Can we get inte same building? Rooms across hall or beside each other?

TIA!
As far as buses go, we shared with the other All-Stars for DHS, Downtown Disney, and I believe AK. Since Epcot and MK are further, we had our own bus for those since it would take longer for the buses to loop back to those parks. To get to MK, once the bus showed up, it was about 20 minutes. Most of the time we didn't have to wait long for a bus. There was one exceptionally unfortunate morning where we had 6 Epcot buses show up (to an empty queue!) before one MK bus showed up, but that was a bizarre and solitary incident.
flyergrad09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #2314
fynook12
Mouseketeer
 
fynook12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 173

Trundle Bed at ASMU??

I combed thru this thread but didn't see this question asked so here i go... My family and I are heading to WDW Aug 13-17th staying at ASMU. Now, since there is myself and my husband and then our 3 children I was wondering if the resort has trundle bed's for use? I was going to borrow my friend's air mattress if not so that the kids don't all 3 have to sleep on a double bed!! LOL....there going to need a good night's sleep every night were there!! Especially the way I like to park hop!!
__________________
Jennifer(DW) , Ray(DH) , Sara (DD) , Benjamin (DS) , Christian (DS)

WDW Wedding....3-27-06
SEABREEZE POINT/ARIEL'S/ ILL DP UK LOWER
fynook12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #2315
DitkaFan
Mouseketeer
 
DitkaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 81

I don't think they offer trundles. I tried to get a Trundle for a king bed room at AoA this coming Feb since my wife and I could sleep on the king bed and use the trundle for our daughter, but I was told due to fire code they didn't offer trundles, so we ended up getting a 2 double bed room.

My assumption would be the same is true for ASMu. You could always consider upgrading to a family suite room. Then all three kids could have their own beds. 1 double pull out and 2 twin pull outs
__________________
================================================== =============
Upcoming

2014 - Jan: 7 day RCCL Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean
2013 - Spring:3 days at Art of Animation in Disney World followed by 7 days Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean and Fall: 5 days at Port Orleans in WDW
2012 - 6 days at All Star Music in Disney World followed by 4 days Disney Dream Bahamas
2011 - 3 days Disney Dream Bahamas followed by 3 days at the Polynesian WDW
DitkaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #2316
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by appplel View Post
Hi all! Considering switching to ASMu for our upcoming September trip and looking for info.

How are the busses? How often do you share with the other 2 AS resorts? How long does it take to get to magic kingdom?

We are traveling with another family. We will probably get family suite, and they will probably be in a standard room. Can we get inte same building? Rooms across hall or beside each other?

TIA!
The All Star buses get a very bad rep......don't believe any of it!!!!!! Rarely will you share a bus. If you are on a bus at a very slow time of day you may share one. Most of the time you will get a dedicated bus. Even when/if you have a shared bus it is no worse than the mod or Epcot resorts.....they all have 4-5 stops on those buses. Can I also say that people praise up the POP buses.....there is one stop for those buses but the resort has nearly 3000 rooms. The All Stars are less than 2000 rooms....music having far less. That alone makes the line at POP VERY long and the only resort that I have had to wait for a 2nd or 3rd bus before getting on.....that has never happened to me at any of the All Stars.

If you are booking a family suite and a single room you can get into the same building. We have always had a single room in both Jazz and Calypso....which are the only buildings that have the suites. It may be difficult to get rooms beside each other but you can be in the same building and may have good luck getting on the same floor. You should request adjoining rooms....in Disney speak this means side by side. They have exterior corridors so you can't be across the hall from each other. Please know that requests are just that a request....they will not guarantee anything.
__________________
dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #2317
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynook12 View Post
I combed thru this thread but didn't see this question asked so here i go... My family and I are heading to WDW Aug 13-17th staying at ASMU. Now, since there is myself and my husband and then our 3 children I was wondering if the resort has trundle bed's for use? I was going to borrow my friend's air mattress if not so that the kids don't all 3 have to sleep on a double bed!! LOL....there going to need a good night's sleep every night were there!! Especially the way I like to park hop!!

They do not have trundle beds nor do they have cots. Unless, one of your children is under the age of 3 you can not have your family of 5 in a single room. You would be required to book either a family suite or 2 single rooms. The family suites are for a max. of 6 and have beds for that many. If your youngest child is under 3 then they will provide a pack n play for that child to sleep in. Should a pack n play not be right for your child then I would suggest that you bring an air mattress.
__________________
dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #2318
fynook12
Mouseketeer
 
fynook12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 173

Thank You for the quick replies!! Looks like i'm going with the air mattress route! I know technically Disney likes a family of 5 in a suite or 2 adjoining rooms and in a perfect world I would definetly have no problems doing that. However, in my world (it's a very economic world) I have to bend the rules ever so slightly to get my Disney fix!! I'm just trying to save as much money as i can on the room because i would rather spend my money on going out to the parks and eating at nice places and generally having a good time outside of our room!! Thanks again to everyone for the responses!! I can always count on this board to answer any questions i have!! Have a Disney Day!
__________________
Jennifer(DW) , Ray(DH) , Sara (DD) , Benjamin (DS) , Christian (DS)

WDW Wedding....3-27-06
SEABREEZE POINT/ARIEL'S/ ILL DP UK LOWER
fynook12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #2319
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynook12 View Post
Thank You for the quick replies!! Looks like i'm going with the air mattress route! I know technically Disney likes a family of 5 in a suite or 2 adjoining rooms and in a perfect world I would definetly have no problems doing that. However, in my world (it's a very economic world) I have to bend the rules ever so slightly to get my Disney fix!! I'm just trying to save as much money as i can on the room because i would rather spend my money on going out to the parks and eating at nice places and generally having a good time outside of our room!! Thanks again to everyone for the responses!! I can always count on this board to answer any questions i have!! Have a Disney Day!

You are only breaking the rules if the 3rd child is older than 3. I can understand having to stick to a tight budget and there are always ways to stick to the rules and still make WDW an affordable vacation. If your plan is to sneak in your 3rd child be aware that only the 4 registered guest will be able to use DME and you will not be able to take advantage of EMH. EMH now requires a resort ID for each person.

Also, the DIS does not allow for any type of discussion on breaking WDW rules.
__________________
dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #2320
Mousemom234
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 2400 km from The World ~ NH
Posts: 343

Couple of quick questions...

1) Could anybody tell me what the sanitizing system is for the Piano Pool ?

2) Do the morning buses still warm up in the corner behind Broadway-7 ?
__________________
.......... ...........,Rizzo's Raiders

Me -----------DH --------- & ------
1987 Disney Inn... 1989 Poly... 1991 Port Orleans...
...Offsite x5... CBR... Disney Institute... CSR... OKW... POP... CBR...
2009 CSR... August 2012 ASMu....April 2014 Offsite(HI MGE)
Next : Unknown

2003-5 WDW Great Races

Mousemom234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #2321
jm106
DIS Veteran
 
jm106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,816

we are staying 2 nights at ALL star Music in just 2 weeks(then move to AKL.) I somehow missed this thread but glad to see it and get excited.
I asked to be in Calypso bldg, how far is that from piano pool?

I have to comment on the Buses. I stayed at ALL stars movies, CBR and now looking here and AKL every resort ppl say how bad the buses are at THAT resort. I think it is safe to say, leaving busy parks buses will be busy no matter where you are heading. I dont think any one is substantially worse then another and not a reason to change resorts if you like most of its amenities.
__________________
7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 10 day split/Orlando IRC October 2014

jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #2322
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"
 
MomofKatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: charlotte,NC
Posts: 10,429

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106 View Post
I asked to be in Calypso bldg, how far is that from piano pool?
The Calypso buildings flank the main pool- it is shaped like a guitar. The smaller pool is the piano one- probably a 5 minute or less walk from the Calypso buildings. You will walk out of your Calypso building, past the main pool, and straight ahead through the Jazz courtyard. The piano pool is surrounded by the Country, Rock, and Broadway buildings.

Calypso buildings are the ones where the preferred rooms/suites are. They are closest to the main building, bus stops, and main pool. If you want to be closer to the piano pool, you can save money and ask for a standard room at either Rock, Country, or Broadway buildings.
__________________
Jenny me DH DD16 Purrcey, Lily, and GiGi
7/71 DL 7/73, 2/84, 2/93, 3/97 Offsite 7/02 CSR 11/04 POFQ 10/05 Pop
1/07 Offsite 10/07 offsite 5/08 offsite 1/09 offsite 11/10 offsite 11/12 ASMu 11/13 Pop
MomofKatie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #2323
dzorn
DIS Addict
 
dzorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemom234 View Post
1) Could anybody tell me what the sanitizing system is for the Piano Pool ?

2) Do the morning buses still warm up in the corner behind Broadway-7 ?
I believe all the Disney pools use bromine.

No clue on the answer to #2

Denise in MI
__________________
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005



dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #2324
PFW
Mouseketeer
 
PFW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 155

Can anyone tell me if there is an electrical outlet near either of the beds? I think I might need my heating pad at night while we are there.
Thanks,
Pat
__________________


8/29 - WDP

5/89, 8/92, 8/93 , 8/94, 8/96 7/07 Off site
8/12 All Star Music Pre Trip Report
PFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #2325
jm106
DIS Veteran
 
jm106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofKatie View Post
The Calypso buildings flank the main pool- it is shaped like a guitar. The smaller pool is the piano one- probably a 5 minute or less walk from the Calypso buildings. You will walk out of your Calypso building, past the main pool, and straight ahead through the Jazz courtyard. The piano pool is surrounded by the Country, Rock, and Broadway buildings.

Calypso buildings are the ones where the preferred rooms/suites are. They are closest to the main building, bus stops, and main pool. If you want to be closer to the piano pool, you can save money and ask for a standard room at either Rock, Country, or Broadway buildings.
Thanks, I had myself confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFW View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is an electrical outlet near either of the beds? I think I might need my heating pad at night while we are there.
Thanks,
Pat
Now what you asked but Have you seen the instant heat packs? We get them at CVS and work really well. They have self stick (icey hot) and they have heat wraps with no medicine smell just heat. DH was so happy I had these last time.http://www.cvs.com/shop/Medicine-Cab...pt=SUBCATEGORY
__________________
7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 10 day split/Orlando IRC October 2014

jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: