Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #2296
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
I never would have thought to ask to have the mattress changed. We endured a 2 week stay at POP with mattress that were so soft it was like sleeping on a giant pillow. We actually sunk down into the mattress and had difficulty turning over. It might have been the only vacay that I've ever taken that I couldn't wait to get home.

I've never had an uncomfortable bed at ASMu....they seem to be very middle of the road in terms of firm/soft. In fact, usually it take me a few nights to get comfortable in a hotel bed but that has never happened at ASMu.
I have only had problems with a matress at WDW once and that was at pop. I just had extra pillows delivered to endure it. I have however seen them switching out matresses often. If it was so bad I was in pain I would definitely call and ask what they could do for me though. I have stayed in all but the 50's building at POP and can vouch that no two matresses there are the same. At ASMu, Sports, and Movies I have only stayed in the same buildings and the beds seemed about the same and I liked them.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #2297
PFW
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the feedback on the beds. I never would have thought to ask for a replacement!!! Good to know they are so accommodating.

8/29 - WDP

5/89, 8/92, 8/93 , 8/94, 8/96 7/07 Off site
8/12 All Star Music Pre Trip Report
PFW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #2298
PFW
Mouseketeer

Pool Lockers

I had read on here that there are lockers down by the pool. Can anyone tell me how much they cost to use? We are planning on swimming for awhile and then hitting DTD the day we get there and if our room isn't ready I was thinking I could put our wet stuff in a locker until we get back that evening.
Thanks,
Pat

8/29 - WDP

5/89, 8/92, 8/93 , 8/94, 8/96 7/07 Off site
8/12 All Star Music Pre Trip Report
PFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #2299
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever ordered food from Amazon and had it shipped to the hotel? It seems like it would be a lot cheaper but I wasn't sure if I could. Can I just send it to the main address and have it say something like Hold for ....?

Thanks!

Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #2300
smi727
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Baby View Post
Has anyone ever ordered food from Amazon and had it shipped to the hotel? It seems like it would be a lot cheaper but I wasn't sure if I could. Can I just send it to the main address and have it say something like Hold for ....?

Thanks!
I was wondering this too. I'm trying to figure out the cheapest & easiest way to have diapers & baby supplies sent ahead of us.
"All the birds sing words and the flowers crone, (and) there's a great big beautiful tomorrow because one little spark of imagination has been making memories and creating miracles from molecules in a world of laughter a world of tears where there's just one moon and one golden sun and a smile means friendship to everyone." -Marty Sklar at the presentation of the Sherman Brothers window on Main Street in Disneyland
smi727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #2301
skatalite
Anybody interested in grabbing a couple of burgers and hittin' the cemetery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween Baby View Post

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi727 View Post
I was wondering this too. I'm trying to figure out the cheapest & easiest way to have diapers & baby supplies sent ahead of us.
My wife and I had two Amazon orders shipped to ASMu and it was no problem. Just have the package shipped to the resort, but add ATTN: YOUR NAME DATE CHECKING IN. That's what we were told to do by the resort's concierge. So, the shipping address looks like this:

All-Star Music Resort ATTN: Richard Hall 6/16/12
1801 W BUENA VISTA DR
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLORIDA 32830-8436
United States

Hope that helps!
skatalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #2302
smi727
Mouseketeer

All-Star Music Resort ATTN: Richard Hall 6/16/12
1801 W BUENA VISTA DR
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLORIDA 32830-8436
United States
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!
"All the birds sing words and the flowers crone, (and) there's a great big beautiful tomorrow because one little spark of imagination has been making memories and creating miracles from molecules in a world of laughter a world of tears where there's just one moon and one golden sun and a smile means friendship to everyone." -Marty Sklar at the presentation of the Sherman Brothers window on Main Street in Disneyland
smi727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #2303
disneydeal
Smart Shopper,Single dad raising my daughter on my own, love to get to Disney every couple of years..

all-star music food

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymama04 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I guess we will be staying away from the pizza.
the pizza is just OK.. burgers are good, spaghetti is good, and definately waffles for breakfast are good.....

Been to Disney like 8 times.. last time was June 2012. my daughter and I are in front row on splash mountain ride.............................................. ........ and her at one of many taylor swift concerts I've taken her too.
disneydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #2304
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

I stayed here on my first trip in '05 and then have stayed at Pop (many times love the location), WL, CSR and CBR. I think this upcoming trip in August I'll take the amazing deal they're offering and return to the place it all began since hearing so many good things in this thread
Old 07-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #2305
Cinderrellalove
Earning My Ears

So when you ship something from
Amazon there. Do they give it to you at check In? Or call you back down to the lobby to retrieve it of it is not there yet?
Old 07-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #2306
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

We just switched to Coronado Springs... best of luck to everyone for your All-Star stay! One day we'll stay here and get to check out all of the festivities!!

Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #2307
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! We will be staying here next December. I am just waiting for the 2013 packages to come out. We are very excited. We will be here for a couple of days and then board the Fantasy for a cruise.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 07-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #2308
brenarmywife
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderrellalove View Post
Amazon there. Do they give it to you at check In? Or call you back down to the lobby to retrieve it of it is not there yet?
I am not sure about the policy at ASMu, but at POR our package we ordered from Amazon was in our room with our luggage already when we checked in. Everything at Disney is so convenient and that's probably why it's my favorite vacation spot.

brenarmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #2309
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
I think they normally try to deliver it to your room. I've ordered things twice (not from Amazon) and the first time they tried to deliver it to my room but I had changed rooms at check in and the package was MIA for a little while but eventually was brought to my room with a million apologies. The lady refused to take a tip as she felt it was somehow their fault. The second time the package arrived 2 days after we checked in and we found it on the bed after we returned to the room after a day in the park.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #2310
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
It will vary. For myself once it was at the front desk when I asked for it at check in. A few times I was told to ask for it at the luggage check in area. Once I was told to ask at concierge when I checked in. A couple other times when it came in after I checked in they called me to come get it at the concierge desk. This is at various hotels as well. I am surprised to hear some got their package delivered to their hotel room because that has never been done for us.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: