Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #211
bellebeauty2
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I'm very happy to have found this thread! I am new to the DIS, however not new to WDW. This will be our first time staying at a Disney Resort and am very excited to be there for Christmas.

We did not book a preferred room here. Assuming the worst-case scenario and we placed very far out, are the rooms quite far from the parking lots? We will have a car, and not plan on using the Disney buses. As well, how long is the walk to the Intermission Food Court?
bellebeauty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #212
Figment's Girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by insoin View Post
Great I cant wait to hear about your trip. Not to much info out here on this resort, or at least I dont think there is a lot.

True but it was nice to learn that it's the quieter of the 3 All Stars and that the rooms were just renovated.
Figment's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2007, 09:46 AM   #213
dawne577
Mouseketeer

Linda,
Thanks so much for passing on that info - I was still checking every day to see if anything opened up at Pop but not anymore. I'm very happy that we're staying here and can't wait until January!!!
dawne577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #214
Babboo
Earning my Ears with SharkyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment's Girl View Post
True but it was nice to learn that it's the quieter of the 3 All Stars and that the rooms were just renovated.
The rooms we had @ ASMu (jazz) were very nice - spacious - very comfortable. The tightest space was the vanity area outside the bathroom.

And I don't know why some were complaining about the new "turbo" toilets - they made hardly no sound.

SG Me DS19 DD18 DS9

October 2007 ~ ASMu ~ for MNSSHP with my SharkyGoddess and the kiddos!

October 2010 ~ US/IOA ~ HardRock ~ for HHN and HP with SG and Kids

October 2013 ~ US/IOA ~ HardRock ~ HHN and parks then some serious relaxation time with SG and the kids
Babboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #215
Hidden_Mickey
DIS Veteran

We were there last week and had a great time. The room was fine, but we were in Rock, which was far from Melody Hall and the bus stop. I requested Rock because my dd wanted to swim in the piano pool. Of course, once she saw the guitar pool she wanted to swim there instead! We saw the last half of Monsters Inc, on Thursday, I think, while swimming in the guitar pool. Otherwise, we did not participate in any of the activities because we were in the parks or at dinner when they were going on.

I have one complaint - the washers totally did not clean our clothes, and I remember that from when we stayed at Sports in 2005. Both kids spilled food on themselves and it did not come out clean. We washed everything again when we got home. Maybe I shoved too much in the washer, but the stains didn't even look like they got lighter at all. Yuck.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:22 AM   #216
jake&samsmom
Jordan's Mom too!

Just got back 12 hours ago....

ASMu is AWESOME! The CM's went above and beyond, there was so much activities/games by the pool, too bad were were so tired by the end of the day to join. The rooms were very clean. Sheets/bedcovers were crisp and fresh. Carpets very new and spotless. Walls had fresh paint. Curtains looked new and recently washed. I loved the curved shower rods, it added more bathing space. I also liked the privacy curtain between the vanity area and the sleeping area (so you could have little changing space). Hung our jackets on the very convenient coat rods. They had hairdryers and ironing boards/irons. Toilets flushed well, but never heard the neighbors' "turbo toilets" that I always read about here. Will post more about trip later. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer...
jake&samsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:27 AM   #217
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake&samsmom View Post
ASMu is AWESOME! The CM's went above and beyond, there was so much activities/games by the pool, too bad were were so tired by the end of the day to join. The rooms were very clean. Sheets/bedcovers were crisp and fresh. Carpets very new and spotless. Walls had fresh paint. Curtains looked new and recently washed. I loved the curved shower rods, it added more bathing space. I also liked the privacy curtain between the vanity area and the sleeping area (so you could have little changing space). Hung our jackets on the very convenient coat rods. They had hairdryers and ironing boards/irons. Toilets flushed well, but never heard the neighbors' "turbo toilets" that I always read about here. Will post more about trip later. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer...

I'm glad to hear you had a good stay! It's funny--from what I've read, it seems like some of the rooms have the privacy curtains while other rooms don't.

What building did you stay in, and was it a far walk to the food court? How was the bus service?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:36 AM   #218
jake&samsmom
Jordan's Mom too!

Hi! We were in Calypso room 602, building 10, on the third floor facing the guitar pool. It is a preferred room, about 30 seconds walk to the main hall. Real close to elevators, but no noises from folks in hallways nor elevators.

Bus service was great! Never had to wait longer than 10 mins. The buses were constantly coming and going. The folks on the busses were friendly and chatty
Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #219
Shell0616
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

We stayed at the ASMu last October for 10 days and again in November for 5 days and we loved it so much we just booked another stay there in april.

I have one question, it seems that since we have been there they have added a movie screen to the pool area. Is it still there or was it just temporary? It would be so much fun to swim while watching a movie!

Thanks so much!

Shellie
Old 11-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #220
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Subbing, deciding betwwen ASMU and POP for next trip.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #221
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell0616 View Post
Hi everyone!

We stayed at the ASMu last October for 10 days and again in November for 5 days and we loved it so much we just booked another stay there in april.

I have one question, it seems that since we have been there they have added a movie screen to the pool area. Is it still there or was it just temporary? It would be so much fun to swim while watching a movie!

Thanks so much!

Shellie
Those movies and pool games are being done as a pilot program, and I think they are supposed to end in January (?). If you'd like to encourage these programs and poolside movies to continue at AS Music, please contact Disney at

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

and give some positive feedback about the programs and movies. Let them know that you'd like the movies and pool games to stay on a permanent basis.

I won't be staying at ASMu until September, and I hope that the movies and pool games will continue.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:02 AM   #222
jake&samsmom
Jordan's Mom too!

We were just there last week, and it was awesome. Granted, we were usually out at the parks til they closed the gates but one night we were "home" early enough and saw the giant screen by the pool with Toy Story playing!

I have lots of pics of ASMu on my trip report. If y'all have time, check out the link below!

Have a great time at ASMu everyone!

Oct. '07 Photo Trip Report: My 6 and 4 year-old park commandos -- How we conquered the World!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1628926
July 2008 Photo Trip Report: They Tried to Make Me Go To Rehab, But I Said No, No, No!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post26362581

Old 11-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #223
Hidden_Mickey
DIS Veteran

I got a postcard in the mail to do an online survey about our recent stay. Anybody else get one? I haven't had the chance to do it yet.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:02 PM   #224
IluvKingLouis
DIS Veteran

We just got back a few days ago. We LOVED the pool activities and movies. DJ, one of the managers was great! My daughter won a My Little Pony and a bunch of candy while playing the various games around the pool.

BTW, our room in Broadway did not have the privacy curtain.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #225
dismarkle
Earning My Ears

We were at ASMu, Oct 23-30. We got a room in the Rock 'n Roll building #4. This was our first stay at a value and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms have a new feel, from the recent renovation. The room was very clean and we liked the feel and design of the carpet. It was more spacious than we had expected. (No privacy curtain).

The cleaning staff left towel animals several nights and tied a ghost into our curtains. A nice touch for Halloween.

The food court can get very busy, but the staff in the food court was first rate! They always greeted you with a smile and were very pleasant. The breakfast food was good. The food court management is obviously doing something right.

When returning from the parks at night, we were really glad we weren't staying at the Movies. The line for the Movies bus was always longer, except at parks where Music and Movies shared a bus. Most of the time we had our own bus both ways.

Overall a great experience.

WDW-ASMu-May 2009 / WDW-ASMusic-Oct 2007 / DL-Hojo-Feb 2007 / DL-Marriott-Nov 2006 / DL-Candy Cane Inn-Mar 2006 / DL-Clarion-Mar 2005 / WDW-Holiday Inn Family Suites-Dec 2003 / WDW-Beach Club-May 2001

Last edited by dismarkle; 11-07-2007 at 02:14 PM.
dismarkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: