Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #1711
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's 1st trip View Post
Thanks for the info, slightygoofy. I am 5 months pregnant so its going to be kinda hard to get cozy in a smaller bed than we are used to

I have the booklet from our travel agent that tells us all our info, is that what you are talking about when you say confirmation papers? And no, we did not recieve a link about online check in , I only know about it b/c of Disboards.

Maybe we didnt get it since we booked with Dreams Unlimited Travel..

Thanks again...see you around I hope :D
After a couple nights of sleeping in the same double bed in October, DH and I decided we preferred "comfort" over sleeping in the same bed and he took one bed and I took the other. We slept better after we did that because we were just not used to double beds and we were exhausted after parks all day and needed the rest. You may find the same thing works for you, too.

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #1712
Eli's 1st trip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
How old is Eli? If he's under 3 you could request a king size bed.
He is 2. I didnt know that...but we already requested connecting rooms with the inlaws, I dont wanna push my luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
After a couple nights of sleeping in the same double bed in October, DH and I decided we preferred "comfort" over sleeping in the same bed and he took one bed and I took the other. We slept better after we did that because we were just not used to double beds and we were exhausted after parks all day and needed the rest. You may find the same thing works for you, too.

Donna
I am sure its going to be fine...we have a blowup sleeping bag for Eli and we will be fine in seperate beds, I was just wondering if you could move thebeds but its not necessary b/c as yall have said...I will be exhausted and wont care if we are sleeping in the same bed..

Thanks again everyone..i am so excited...i should be packing but I am procrastinating...LOL

Eli's 1st trip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #1713
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Ask and ye might receive

Honey, go ahead and ask. Just make sure to make a king bed your final request. It would be a shame not to just in case it would be easy to get.

If you get two beds your little guy can pick and choose who he wants to sleep with each night.

I am all packed and all I have to do is pull out of the garage tomorrow morning. See ya!

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #1714
Eli's 1st trip
Mouseketeer

Eli is packed we are not. But we arent leaving New Orleans until Sunday morning early, so I have another day. I will ask about the bed, just to see if it can be done. you never know..

Hope we see you there!!

Eli's 1st trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #1715
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Magical trip

A trip to DW, seen through the eyes of a child, is a magical thing. You will have a wonderful time and I have a good feeling about your sleeping arrangements and know that it will turn out well.

We are planning on grabbing a pizza and watching the Disney Christmas show on Sunday night. Nuts, I know, but after our long drive I need some rest.

What time are you getting in? If early and you do not want to burn a park ticket might I suggest that you go over to MK and grab the monorail, get off at the resorts, especially the GF and see the holiday decorations, get something to eat somewhere on the tour and go out on the Poly beach around 7 or so to see Wishes and then the EWP? Make sure to get a beach chair right smack dab in front of the Castle and you will be well set. BTW, Cook's at the Poly has Dole Whips if it is warm enough. It is one of our favorite way to spend a first night if we get in early enough.

See ya! SG

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #1716
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

bump!
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:14 PM   #1717
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

I had to search for this thread. Hope it gets some activity and I can get some responses.

Is there any place I can buy a gallon (or half gallon) of milk at this resort?
My LOs are huge milk drinkers and I will need some in our room. DH seemed to think the sundries shop may have some or maybe the food court.

Also are hair dryers provided? I see them in pictures but don't see it in writing anywhere. I am staying in a family suite if it makes a difference.

TIA

Last edited by HHMcG; 01-04-2010 at 02:08 PM.
HHMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #1718
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHMcG View Post
I had to search for this thread. Hope it gets soem activity andf I can get some responses.

Is there any place I can buy a gallon (or half gallon) of milk at this resort?
My LOs are huge milk drinkers and I will need some in our room. DH seemed to think the sundries shop may have some or maybe the food court.

Also are hair dryers provided? I see them in pictures but don't see it in writing anywhere. I am staying in a family suite if it makes a difference.

TIA
The store and food court has milk,but it is cheaper in the store,but still pretty pricey,if you can I say buy it before you check in,that's what we always do!
Anytime we've stayed at a value resort there has always been a hair dryer,but in my opinion doesn't blow very well,but then again I have long hair....
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #1719
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

All of the All Stars (and I think all resorts on site) have hair dryers. I haven't stayed at Music specifically, but have stayed at Movies and Sports and they each had hairdryers in the room. The official site of Music says that they do have hair dryers.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #1720
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

Thank you both!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
The store and food court has milk,but it is cheaper in the store,but still pretty pricey,if you can I say buy it before you check in,that's what we always do!
We are flying and using ME so no way to get it before checking in. I was considering using GG but with the delivery fee tacked on I'm sure the store would be cheaper.
Anyone know what other type of 'groceries' the store offers?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #1721
GrumpyFamilyof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you both!!

We are flying and using ME so no way to get it before checking in. I was considering using GG but with the delivery fee tacked on I'm sure the store would be cheaper.
Anyone know what other type of 'groceries' the store offers?
in all honesty I don't remember much being in there,we drive so we always get what we mainly need at Walmart before checking in, I just remember the milk cause we had run out and needed some and it was there. I do remember the food court having a little section that had fruit and sandwiches,drinks(soda,water and juice) and such,hope that helps??!!
7/91-1st time@ Disney w/Grandparents!(Larsons Lodge),1/92-offsite,3/01-Diplomat Inn,2/02-offsite(car stolen) 7/06-ASMo,10/06-POP(MNSSHP),3/07-POP,7/07-Best Western Lakeside(SW,Cypress Gardens),6/08-Royale Parc Resort(Seaworld & P&PP),11/08-ASMu(MVMCP),6/10-Best Western Lakeside(Epcot/BG),9/10-Super 8 Maingate,2/13-ASsp/Comfort Suites Maingate East,10/13 Rodeway Inn Maingate(F&W),3/14 Royal Pacific,6/14 Rodeway Inn Maingate

Me DH DS(22) DS(13) DD(16) Jasper Precious
GrumpyFamilyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #1722
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

We bought milk and bagels and cream cheese at the store and toasted the bagels at the food court's toaster ovens and voila! had breakfast! It wasn't cheap as a supermarket but it wasn't outrageous either. Cheaper than buying breakfast.
Question for all of you ASMu'ers out there - what is the tune that the notes on the front of the buildings (and at the reception desk) play?????
Thanks!
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #1723
Born2Cruz
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if there is a place that you can use one of there computers to quickly check your emails?
Born2Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:22 AM   #1724
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Cruz View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a place that you can use one of there computers to quickly check your emails?
We brought our laptop but when we needed to print something we had to use a business center at one of the convention hotels.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #1725
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Cruz View Post
There isn't any such place at ASMu. We also did like tripplanner2 and brought our laptop. We would pay for 24 hours svc., check/send our emails and repeat 23 hours later. Then repeat the next day. That way you can use the internet for two days while only paying for one.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: