Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #1696
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Thank you! I've gone back and forth on the suite vs. 2 rooms and TODAY I'm saying we are doing the suite! I'm sure I'll go back and forth in the next 10 months!

We will have FOUR kids though, I'm hoping there are enough beds for them (3 of them teenagers, so bed sharing isn't something they would be cool with)
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:01 AM   #1697
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Either way, you will be short one bed if all the kids want their own. I have seen my teen boy get quite comfy on the floor...I'd just make sure your daughter had a bed and let the teens work it out. If you are driving perhaps you can bring an air mattress.

Here is a thread where I posted more pictures of the suite...post #24 if you are interested.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2315470&page=2
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #1699
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Will they let me have a rollaway too in the suite?
I don't know but I also don't know where you would put a rollaway in the suite with the full size sofa, chair and ottoman opened up.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #1700
dazednconfused
DIS Veteran

We'll be back at the All Star Music Resort in about a week!! Thrilled to be returning to WDW. Can hardly wait to soak in all things Disney! Especially the Christmas atmosphere which Disney does so well!
Old 11-21-2009, 02:58 AM   #1701
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
(3 of them teenagers, so bed sharing isn't something they would be cool with)
You'd be surprised what TIRED teens (and older) can tolerate.....MY DS, 21yo, just went to WDW with us in Oct. We packed a blow-up mattress and batteries for the inflater, etc., but SOMEHOW the PLUG for the mattress was left at home. He shared a double with his 11yo DS. They both passed out every night, it wasn't an issue, and the pics are hysterical!

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #1702
simpsonps121
Mouseketeer

Awesome information guys!!

We are leaving on Friday to stay at ASMu. Last time stayed at CSR and loved it, looking forward to seeing something new!

Disney trips:
1979 - (I was 3) stayed with friends in Miami
1982 - Stayed with friends in Miami
1985(6?) - Once again, stayed with friends in Miami.
May 2005 with Jill's parents and relatives. I was hooked again.
June 2005 Joined DMC and started flooding my kids with Disney movies. :-)
December 2006 - 7 day stay, with my family and parents at Coranado Springs
November 2009 - 7 night stay, with my family, my parents and my brother's family at ASM!!
November/December 2010 - 7 night stay with my family, my wife's family and her aunt and uncle at ASSports.
September 2011 - 7 night stay at AS Music with my family and my parents.
September 2012 - 5 nights offsite, 2 nights at ASports with my family, and my wife's family/
September 2013 - 7 nights at CBR. with my family, my wife's family, her cousin and child, and her parents.
simpsonps121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #1703
Eli's 1st trip
Mouseketeer

Questions about buses/transportation..

So this will be our first trip to Disney...we have 8:15 am breakfast ressies at crystal palace on Monday, our first day, so I wont know how the crowds are, how much time should we allow to get there from ASMusic...

thanks in advance..

Eli's 1st trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #1704
nonnasally
forever tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's 1st trip View Post
So this will be our first trip to Disney...we have 8:15 am breakfast ressies at crystal palace on Monday, our first day, so I wont know how the crowds are, how much time should we allow to get there from ASMusic...

thanks in advance..
From ASMu to Kingdom plus walk to CP I would allow a good 25 min by bus. Sometimes the bus stops at ASMo and sometime we went straight there. Either way it was not a bad trip at all but it is always good to show up at CP earlier than your ressie. I have always had to wait on the porch for at least 15 min. once I checked in at the outside desk. In any event, it is well worth it. Its our favorite buffet in the parks! Have a great time and remember an autograph book for any little ones.
nonnasally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #1705
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

See you there!

I leave Saturday and will check into Music on Sunday. I thank all of your for your advice. Even though I am a WDW veteran I have only stayed at Music once and that was many, many years ago. Many things have changed, including me.

If anyone else is going to be there please look for the huge LGM on my shoulder bag. I put it there just for YOU!

Slightly Goofy/Linda

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:52 AM   #1706
Eli's 1st trip
Mouseketeer

another question..

We will arrive on Sunday for our first trip...we requested a preferred room (fingers crossed) and when I was looking at picutres I saw that the rooms have two double beds. Are the beds moveable? Like can we push the two beds together so that my husabnd and I can sleep in the same bed? Just wondering....thanks so much...

Also, anyone done online check in at ASMusic? We have never done any of it before so I am no clue what I am doing. I am assuming (and you know what happens when you assume) that we will check in and recieve our tickets and etc right? All we have right now is the little coupon type book from our travel agent. Just wondering if we do online checkin how all of that works.

Thanks again..

Old 11-27-2009, 07:31 AM   #1707
SlightlyGoofy

Cozy

Eli's 1st trip, we are also arriving Sunday. Hope to see you there! I will be carrying an over the shoulder bag with a giant Lime Green Mickey Head on it and a big smile.

You cannot move the beds but they feel a bit bigger than double beds to me so if you do not mind getting a bit cozy you might both sleep in the same bed.

I just did the online check in and it was simple. Did not Disney send you an email with the link?

Checking in is easy either way. Just make sure to have your confirmation papers with you. Settle your husband and wee one over by the TV set and it should not be terribly difficult.

Hope to see you and yours there and hope you have a wonderful trip.

Slightly Goofy/look for the green lights in my window as well as a skiing Goofy.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:13 AM   #1708
Eli's 1st trip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Eli's 1st trip, we are also arriving Sunday. Hope to see you there! I will be carrying an over the shoulder bag with a giant Lime Green Mickey Head on it and a big smile.

You cannot move the beds but they feel a bit bigger than double beds to me so if you do not mind getting a bit cozy you might both sleep in the same bed.

I just did the online check in and it was simple. Did not Disney send you an email with the link?

Checking in is easy either way. Just make sure to have your confirmation papers with you. Settle your husband and wee one over by the TV set and it should not be terribly difficult.

Hope to see you and yours there and hope you have a wonderful trip.

Slightly Goofy/look for the green lights in my window as well as a skiing Goofy.
Thanks for the info, slightygoofy. I am 5 months pregnant so its going to be kinda hard to get cozy in a smaller bed than we are used to

I have the booklet from our travel agent that tells us all our info, is that what you are talking about when you say confirmation papers? And no, we did not recieve a link about online check in , I only know about it b/c of Disboards.

Maybe we didnt get it since we booked with Dreams Unlimited Travel..

Thanks again...see you around I hope :D

Old 11-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #1709
SlightlyGoofy

Link included

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resor...ne-checkin.htm

Hi there D!

I hope this link works. If not just click the 'resort' tab at the top of the DIS page and then scroll down to where it says "online checkin".

It might save you a few minutes of waiting when checking in. This is my first time to use it as it is something new.

Yes, the confirmation papers have your booking number on it. You might want to also make some notes to yourself if you have special requests as well as there will be so much information given to you at the desk.

There will be a folder with resort information as well as parks etc. Do not fret over it all. You will never be able to do everything. They plan it that way so you have to go back. This is our celebration of going to DW for 25 years ourselves.

You will be so tired when you get back from the parks that any level surface will look good to you so maybe you might not mind not sleeping together for a few nights. I would put your small child in with your husband and enjoy a bit of solitude.

One other bit of helpful information. When you come to an attraction, such as Philharmagic, Tiki Room, or shows that have a definite time to be shown, just find a comfortable seat outside the attraction and wait to see folks exiting and then saunter in and find a seat. There are no bad seats and you will avoid the long waits in line.

Have to go. Lots to do before I leave. Please remember that I do not hear well so you might have to throw something at me, Disney Dollars work well (kidding), to get my attention. The truth is that I will notice your child as I love children. Books are my second favorite thing. I will read the same book over and over, for hours.

SG/Linda

Old 11-27-2009, 08:37 AM   #1710
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's 1st trip View Post
We will arrive on Sunday for our first trip...we requested a preferred room (fingers crossed) and when I was looking at picutres I saw that the rooms have two double beds. Are the beds moveable? Like can we push the two beds together so that my husabnd and I can sleep in the same bed? Just wondering....thanks so much...

Also, anyone done online check in at ASMusic? We have never done any of it before so I am no clue what I am doing. I am assuming (and you know what happens when you assume) that we will check in and recieve our tickets and etc right? All we have right now is the little coupon type book from our travel agent. Just wondering if we do online checkin how all of that works.

Thanks again..
How old is Eli? If he's under 3 you could request a king size bed.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: