Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #1681
Eli's 1st trip
Mouseketeer

I am sure this has been asked a million times but i cat get the search to work for me...so

Are there ice machines anywhere on the property? Thanks in advance!!

Eli's 1st trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #1682
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's 1st trip View Post
I am sure this has been asked a million times but i cat get the search to work for me...so

Are there ice machines anywhere on the property? Thanks in advance!!
Yes, they are generally near the vending machines.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #1683
Eli's 1st trip
Mouseketeer

thanks...we want to have a small ice chest to keep water in...we tried getting in on a swap for our trip...but no such luck...

thanks for the info!!

Eli's 1st trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:28 AM   #1684
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
I can't imagine not having a fridge in the room and I really can't imagine paying $12 a day to rent one!!
FYI - my 2010 ressies stated $15/day for a fridge.

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #1685
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I read the whole thread and can't find a definitive answer on this! Here's my question:

The Family Suites SAY that there are 4 pull-out chairs and a pull-out couch, but when I see photos, there is just 1 pull-out chair and 1 pull-out couch? I have two teen boys and a 10 year old girl that will NOT want to share, so will there be 3 pull-outs available???

I'm waffling on whether we should do a suite or two connected rooms. I think I have time though, we JUST got back (had a wonderful trip offsite) and are planning this for Jan. 2011!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #1686
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I read the whole thread and can't find a definitive answer on this! Here's my question:

The Family Suites SAY that there are 4 pull-out chairs and a pull-out couch, but when I see photos, there is just 1 pull-out chair and 1 pull-out couch? I have two teen boys and a 10 year old girl that will NOT want to share, so will there be 3 pull-outs available???

I'm waffling on whether we should do a suite or two connected rooms. I think I have time though, we JUST got back (had a wonderful trip offsite) and are planning this for Jan. 2011!
There is a pull out ottoman. My kids were DS(7), DD(9) & DD(5) when we went so DS slept in the chair and the girls slept in the full size couch so I can't say how big/comfortable the ottoman was. I will say I did LOVE the setup of the suite. I found the kitchenette had a lot of nice storage so it was easier to keep the suite organized than a regular room. We've never done 2 connecting rooms but I think I would prefer the suite.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #1687
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo888 View Post
Here's a map...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmusicmap.htm

I think that Calypso buildings 1 and 10 are preferred, so if you want to be close to the front (bus stop and food court) and do not want to pay preferred, request Jazz buildings 2 or 9.

Thank you, a little late! We switched resorts at one point but are now back to ASMu (trying to coordinate with friends is hard!) I was able to get some kind of AP pin code rate so we are getting a preferred room now. I'm going to check out the map and the fridge swaps - we're doing the marathon so I'll need cold drinks!!

Mom to DD 13 , DD 11 , DS 9

1975-present - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses (old), cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
MomtoGKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:46 AM   #1688
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Oh, now I'm excited about the preferred! It will be easy at 4am when I'm getting on the bus for the race.

Now is there anything specific I should request in the Calypso buildings?

Mom to DD 13 , DD 11 , DS 9

1975-present - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses (old), cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
MomtoGKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:48 AM   #1689
soaringirl
Mouseketeer

Pop Warner

Hi all!
I'm very excited to return to ASMu (2nd time), but would like some feedback from people who has stayed there during Pop Warner week. I'm beggining to feel that it would be crazy, so I'm thinking on even taking Movies bus back from the parks, or using their foodcourt and pool.
Is it really that full? I don't mind kids running, I've 2 of my own, I think I'm more concerned about the adults!!!

soaringirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #1690
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoGKC View Post
Oh, now I'm excited about the preferred! It will be easy at 4am when I'm getting on the bus for the race.

Now is there anything specific I should request in the Calypso buildings?
You just have to decide whether you want to be facing the pool or be on the backside of the building. Also, if it's important to you to have a first floor unit, that should be at the top of your request list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaringirl View Post
Hi all!
I'm very excited to return to ASMu (2nd time), but would like some feedback from people who has stayed there during Pop Warner week. I'm beggining to feel that it would be crazy, so I'm thinking on even taking Movies bus back from the parks, or using their foodcourt and pool.
Is it really that full? I don't mind kids running, I've 2 of my own, I think I'm more concerned about the adults!!!
We have stayed there twice during Pres. Week -- every resort is crowded at that time. No matter what, we usually take the first AS bus we see when we're coming back from the parks but truthfully there are more buses on when it's busier so you're more likely to get a dedicated bus. We've never actually had to share, and never had to stand -- maybe the bus service is actually better when it's more crowded.

You can always use the pools or food courts at the other AS resorts, and we've done this just for a change of scenery. Whether it's Pop Warner or some other event (there's always something going on) you'll find that it's busiest first thing in the morning or at the end of the day since these people have somewhere else they have to be. IMO, I wouldn't give up the poolside movie at ASMu.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #1691
kelldawn
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Music for the last 2 years during POP week and this is the best place to stay. I do not think that they stay at Music as we never had issues. Very few kids in the pool and all with their parents. Food court is always an easy in and out. You will love it. Buses were always prompt. We stayed in the Suites Calypso buildings and loved it. This year is just my DH and I, and we are trying POP this time. I am looking toward it but in the future we will always use Music suites.
POP Jan 20-29 2012
kelldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #1692
btcrane
Today is the best day of my life!

Return transportation question

We are scheduled to be picked up at ASMu at 4:00 pm for the return trip home. We're flying out of Sanford so could not take advantage of ME, we are using Happy Limo instead. Our plan is to check our bags at the front desk and head to DHS for the morning/early afternoon. Taking into consideration the time usually spent waiting for a bus and the return to the resort on the bus, what time would you recommend heading back to the resort? Perhaps another park would be closer, therefore better, for this day...we've never stayed at ASMu before so do not have any idea its proximity to any of the parks....

Opinions appreciated!
btcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #1693
soaringirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelldawn View Post
We stayed at Music for the last 2 years during POP week and this is the best place to stay. I do not think that they stay at Music as we never had issues. Very few kids in the pool and all with their parents. Food court is always an easy in and out. You will love it. Buses were always prompt. We stayed in the Suites Calypso buildings and loved it. This year is just my DH and I, and we are trying POP this time. I am looking toward it but in the future we will always use Music suites.
That's good to know! Thanks!!

soaringirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #1694
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcrane View Post
We are scheduled to be picked up at ASMu at 4:00 pm for the return trip home. We're flying out of Sanford so could not take advantage of ME, we are using Happy Limo instead. Our plan is to check our bags at the front desk and head to DHS for the morning/early afternoon. Taking into consideration the time usually spent waiting for a bus and the return to the resort on the bus, what time would you recommend heading back to the resort? Perhaps another park would be closer, therefore better, for this day...we've never stayed at ASMu before so do not have any idea its proximity to any of the parks....

Opinions appreciated!
The longest we waited at DHS for a bus was 20 minutes. We had just missed the last one. I don't remember the exact amount of time it took to get from DHS to ASMU but I'm guessing about 15 minutes. The busses do run on average about once every 20 minutes from the park. If it was me, I'd leave 1 hour ahead to avoid any stress of waiting. Hope that helps!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:05 AM   #1695
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post

Here is a picture of the pull outs in the suite. My nephew loved the pull out ottoman, even though he could have had his pick of the pull outs. He was 9 years old and about 50 pounds at the time of that trip. You can see that it is more like the size of a cot than a bed. The red chair pulls out to about a twin sized bed, and the couch pulls out to a full size--maybe queen?

Have fun!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: