Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #1561
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishtdream View Post
We stayed at ASMU in 08 and 09 in different buildings each time both times it was a numeric code.
Odd, I just returned from there this past Monday (8/17/09) and it was a key. We had the family suite -- perhaps that makes a difference. In all of our stays at the Values, it's always been a key but this was our first stay at one of the refurbished resorts.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #1562
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

We stayed in Country Fair last October and our safe had a key.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #1563
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Do they still do the movies by the pool every night?

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #1564
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

We stayed at ASMu in 2006 (Rock Inn) and 2008 (Country Fair) and both times our safe had a key.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:01 PM   #1565
jeanylaser
Art of Animation Resort biggest fan

How much is the Family Suites in ASMU cost this will be in January 2010!
May 2009- Disney's Pop Century-Classic Years
Nov 2009- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Mar 2012- Mystic Dunes Resort
Sept 2014- Disney's Art of Animation
jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:12 AM   #1566
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
How much is the Family Suites in ASMU cost this will be in January 2010!
It depends on when exactly in January you're going. The 2009 rates/dates are posted here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disne...2009.htm#value just scroll down a bit to see the ASMu rates. Bear in mind that these are the 2009 rates/dates, but it'll give you an idea.

Canadian Buffoon's Vacation
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #1567
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Just booked at the ASMU suite. I think since there is 5 of us it was in our best intrest. I'm sure my kids won't even notice there is no slide. Plus now my 17 year old step son won't have to share a bed with his 4 year old sister. We were booked at AKL bunk beds but the free dining won out. Hopefully we will have a good experience.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #1568
restful urchin
Mouseketeer

room location

HI,
We're taking a girls only trip in November and staying at ASMu. I stayed there last year in one of the family suites which was really awesome.
For two adults who don't mind walking, is there really any building better than the rest? Have any rooms been renovated more recently than others? ( As in ongoing renos?) As far as distance, it's a small resort so farther away isn't an issue for us. We have both been to Disney before and have to walk off the food anyway!
I was also reading in UG to WDW to stay away from buildings 7 and 8, the Broadway buildings, because of busses warming up in the am and being quite noisy. Anyone know if this is true?
I'm thinking of just calling the res number and asking for 3rd floor of any building except Broadway.... unless I hear anything different from you all!

Thanks!
Liz
77 more days to go

Last edited by restful urchin; 08-25-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: punctuation LOL
restful urchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #1569
TunaSled
No Windows and No Doors

I've read this entire thread and it seems no one wants to or is able to give any clear answers on the Pop Warner questions. My December stay is going to overlap PW and I'd love to hear feedback from anyone with experience regarding this. My understanding is that they are mainly concentrated in Pop and ASM? Is that accurate? In a previous stay off-site we encountered the very beginning of PW in the parks and while annoying, they were tolerable. Just curious as to how this plays out at the All Star resorts. I'll be at ASMu (Jazz requested) Nov 30-Dec 7. I have a couple other big questions but I'll save those in hopes that this gets some attention first. Thanks in advance!
TunaSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #1570
nashville_minnie
Mouseketeer

King Beds

How do we make a request for a King size bed? We made our ressie on-line and i don't think there was an option on there to do so.

Anyone know what buildings the King bedds are in?

THANK YOU!!!
thousands of visits to WDW (former WDWCP & FT cast member)
nashville_minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #1571
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Pop Warner

Tuna, I am fairly sure that the Pop Warner kids tend to stay at Sports and possibly POP as well as one of the Moderate Resorts.

We are booked at Music (Jazz requested) from November 29th thru December 13th so maybe we will be neighbors for a few days?

I hope this helps.

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #1572
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaSled View Post
I've read this entire thread and it seems no one wants to or is able to give any clear answers on the Pop Warner questions. My December stay is going to overlap PW and I'd love to hear feedback from anyone with experience regarding this. My understanding is that they are mainly concentrated in Pop and ASM? Is that accurate? In a previous stay off-site we encountered the very beginning of PW in the parks and while annoying, they were tolerable. Just curious as to how this plays out at the All Star resorts. I'll be at ASMu (Jazz requested) Nov 30-Dec 7. I have a couple other big questions but I'll save those in hopes that this gets some attention first. Thanks in advance!
I would assume that nobody is able to answer this question (and would not assume nobody wants to answer this question!). Asking in the resorts forum would probably be a better idea, as way more people are in that general forum and not just those staying at ASMu kwim?

Don't save your "big questions" - go ahead and ask them! I hope you get more answers to those

HTH!
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #1573
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville_minnie View Post
How do we make a request for a King size bed? We made our ressie on-line and i don't think there was an option on there to do so.

Anyone know what buildings the King bedds are in?

THANK YOU!!!
Here is the map of the ASMu resort (from WillCAD's site):
http://************/maps/wdw/resorts/resort_asmu.jpg

Here is the building layout for the AS resorts (again, from WillCAD's site):
http://************/maps/wdw/resorts/...ayoutlarge.pdf
On this, you will find the buildings with king rooms designated with a "D"

HTH
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:21 PM   #1574
cglaura
I still love the smell of Love's Baby Soft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaSled View Post
I have experienced Pop Warner at PoP and at ASMu. While the navigating around some larger groups of kids, and their cheer practicing was a teeny annoyance, it was nothing horrific. Pretty much, you can see where the are, what way they are going...they go left, you go right. They were well behaved, a few here and there, but that is true of any guest any time, you'll encounter rude guests at some point.

I did not notice anything in the parks, as they are mostly at the competitions and practice. Friday and Saturday nights moreso, but during the week, you only noticed them at the resort in the morning and night. In the morning, no biggie, we were leaving, at night, I'm so tired I just crash anyway. We don't use the pools, so I imaging they may be a bit more crowded at night.

I can't say what resorts exactly they will be staying, I'm not sure where that info is published. But, it isn't anything like going during summer or over spring break or holiday breaks. It is not like gangs of hooligan teens wall to wall.

So what's your other questions

A clever person turns great troubles into little ones...
and little ones into none at all.

The pessimist complains about the wind...
The optimist expects it to change...
The realist adjusts the sails.

I have a freak flag and I'm not afraid to fly it!!!

cglaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #1575
TunaSled
No Windows and No Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
I would assume that nobody is able to answer this question (and would not assume nobody wants to answer this question!). Asking in the resorts forum would probably be a better idea, as way more people are in that general forum and not just those staying at ASMu kwim?

Don't save your "big questions" - go ahead and ask them! I hope you get more answers to those

HTH!
I only said 'wants to' because it came up a bunch in this thread and was not addressed or even redirected to another forum, so thanks for that input. I will check the resorts forum also. I asked here because it relates directly to my stay. I guess I should have phrased it better, what I wonder is how PW affects ASMu so it actually does relate to this thread in a way. If anyone has any experiences to share concerning their stay at ASMu around the PW time of year I'd love to hear. I'm just hoping not to be surrounded by incessantly chanting cheerleaders.
TunaSled is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: