Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #1531
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I guess I just don't feel right about leaving $5 for someone to clean 2 rooms plus an extra bathroom when that is what I left them to clean 1 room and 1 bathroom - just didnt know how much extra to leave. We aren't messy really. Like we hang up our towels or put them in a small pile and throw our trash away. I always try to at least straighten up the blankets on the beds too. I think I will plan to leave a couple extra dollars! Thanks again for your opinions.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #1532
PandaBear & Boo
I Do Believe In Fairies!! I Do, I Do, I Do Believe In Fairies!!

Can someone please help me.....

My DH finally said yes to us going back to Disney. Only problem is I have to wait a year. Oh well at least we will be going.

This is where I need help. I have 2 possibly 3 teenagers coming with us and I want to know if it is better to book the family suite or 2 rooms. My 2 oldest are boys who will be the ages of 18 & 17 when we travel and my daughter who will be 14.

I have looked everywhere and I can't find anything on how comfortable the pull outs are in the family suites. Can anybody tell me because my kids would prefer beds and I would prefer a tchenette with fridge.

Thanks for your help!!
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #1533
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBear & Boo View Post
My DH finally said yes to us going back to Disney. Only problem is I have to wait a year. Oh well at least we will be going.

This is where I need help. I have 2 possibly 3 teenagers coming with us and I want to know if it is better to book the family suite or 2 rooms. My 2 oldest are boys who will be the ages of 18 & 17 when we travel and my daughter who will be 14.

I have looked everywhere and I can't find anything on how comfortable the pull outs are in the family suites. Can anybody tell me because my kids would prefer beds and I would prefer a tchenette with fridge.

Thanks for your help!!
We are here now. We have a 14, almost 12 and a 7 year old. The pull outs are adequate, but not super comfortable according to the kids. They would prefer a regular bed. The fridge is very nice. The extra openness between the two rooms makes it feel more open, but also less private in the evening and morning while the kids are sleeping. Overall the suite is very comfortable, but we are just as happy with two connecting rooms at any of the Values.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #1534
PandaBear & Boo
I Do Believe In Fairies!! I Do, I Do, I Do Believe In Fairies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDisneyDad View Post
We are here now. We have a 14, almost 12 and a 7 year old. The pull outs are adequate, but not super comfortable according to the kids. They would prefer a regular bed. The fridge is very nice. The extra openness between the two rooms makes it feel more open, but also less private in the evening and morning while the kids are sleeping. Overall the suite is very comfortable, but we are just as happy with two connecting rooms at any of the Values.
Thank you so much! Enjoy your vacation! I think with the ages of my kids I really don't think we will need a fridge that much. You just made my decision easy! I'm booking 2 rooms. By the way are you happy with the All Star Music?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #1535
dencord7
Mouseketeer

Hi we stayed here in June in a family suite in Jazz Building. In our suite we had myself and hubby. DD 13, DGS 9, DGS7.

List of things I liked. Kitchen area with fridge.
Sleeping space for hubby and I away from kids
but still right there.
Two bathrooms.
Food Court was nicley laid out pretty good choices.
Pool Games. Hubby liked the gaint beachball.

Things I did not like.
Room location, Jazz building one facing parking lot, way in the back. Mother in law across at sports siad to be close but for me way to far.

Did not like getting kids dressed and fed with pullout. Just seemed like to much extra work. Not every day did they put pull out back. Had to get Maid and show him I wanted bed maid and folded back into chair and couch.
Too long of walke to anything. Pool, food, buses
Towels somedays by pool other no towels by pool hard to plan.
Bus stops in full sun and rain. Buses seem to never have sitting room. Too long of wait most time for busses, Seem no real schedule, would of been nice it there were posted pick up times. When they doubled up resorts was really bad.

I know the Suites are a good family vaule but I felt the time getting to from everything did not work for my Family. I think I will just get two connecting rooms. Last time (2005) I stayed at the Beach club and liked the location and seemed I had quicker Boat, and Bus service and loved the walk to Epcot. For me next time I get to go to the World, I will push for a resort with Monarail service. Hopefully the Money will be there other wise I wont go I will stick to Disney cruise.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #1536
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for your help!!
We stayed in a suite last year with kids 9,7 & 5. I thoughts the pull out couch was as comfy as a value resort full size bed but I think your kids would be happier with connecting room and "regular" beds. I doubt you sons would want to share the soft bed and I don't know how comfy your DD would be in the ottoman-we never actually used that as my DD's were 9&5 and they shared the sofa bed just fine. My DS was 7 and loved the chair bed.

If one of your boys stays home I think the suite would be fine for your family.

I will say I really liked the set up of the suites. I liked all the extra storage space the kitchenette provided. It was easier to keep the suite looking tidy than a regular room.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 PM   #1537
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Brenda - my iPhone won't let me quote you tonight. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip this summer. It is a lot hotter than Denver!

I have to agree with most of your likes and dislikes. Although we like the layout of the suite and the queen bed for us, we would prefer the regular beds for the kids. We also don't care for the bus service. This is the first time in years that we did not rent a car and we greatly regret it. Getting to the major parks is usually okay, but the travel to the water parks or DTD has been a nightmare. We actually met up with some friends at the AKL villas from last year's cruise. Getting back was no fun!

The all stars location is not ideal, but we really like it better than pop. It is very quiet and the pool is fun. We too are in jazz, but find the location convenient. If we had a car our stay would be much more enjoyable. If you're used to a deluxe it's definetely a lot different! However it is clean, quiet, fun and on-site! For the 5 of us, we like it better than a single room at a deluxe and will return to the all stars-just with a car and connecting rooms.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #1538
KarlaG4Kids
I LOVE to travel
Two votes from our house!

Quote:
Thank you so much! Enjoy your vacation! I think with the ages of my kids I really don't think we will need a fridge that much. You just made my decision easy! I'm booking 2 rooms. By the way are you happy with the All Star Music?
If you can find a fridge swap to join in on it would make it nice. That is what we did for our January trip...2 connecting rooms and a fridge swap. I hope it works well.
05/12/14 35th Anniversary trip12/2/13 Christmas fun5/18/13 Fantasy Cruise w/whole family! 5/1/12 Our WDW trip with Abby & Cameron & DREAM cruise w/entire family!05/07/11 Grosdidier WDW & Dream 01/06/10 Marathon trip w C&C 09/12/09 01/28/09 DL 1st trip 09/20/08 01/11/08 08/26/07 12/11/06 09/25/06 01/11/06 02/2005 09/2004 12/2002 05/2002 01/2001 03/1999 01/1997 03/17/1995 - FT Wilderness, The trip that began it all! Each time I arrive at WDW I know that I am HOME! A vacation is one of the best investments in your family!
KarlaG4Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #1539
dencord7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSDisneyDad View Post
Brenda - my iPhone won't let me quote you tonight. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip this summer. It is a lot hotter than Denver!

I have to agree with most of your likes and dislikes. Although we like the layout of the suite and the queen bed for us, we would prefer the regular beds for the kids. We also don't care for the bus service. This is the first time in years that we did not rent a car and we greatly regret it. Getting to the major parks is usually okay, but the travel to the water parks or DTD has been a nightmare. We actually met up with some friends at the AKL villas from last year's cruise. Getting back was no fun!

The all stars location is not ideal, but we really like it better than pop. It is very quiet and the pool is fun. We too are in jazz, but find the location convenient. If we had a car our stay would be much more enjoyable. If you're used to a deluxe it's definetely a lot different! However it is clean, quiet, fun and on-site! For the 5 of us, we like it better than a single room at a deluxe and will return to the all stars-just with a car and connecting rooms.
Hi Chris. June and boys glad your family is having fun. I have few tips for your family.
You may have found these already but I will share just in case.

Stay away from the seats in the far back of the busses. They are sitting on the motor, and will heat you bottem up. This does not feel good when you are hot and tired.

Be sure you and the boys play in the pool when they have the gaint 8ft beach ball it will be a blast. ( Hubby wants to buy one for Us to use when we go camping)

When getting counter service on the dinning plan I was able to order either an adult meal or a child meal using credits TS for our bigger grandson. I asked a three different places because I would of paid an upcharge and the cashier always told me no problem just dont say anything.

Really liked that almost anything under $4.00 and singel serving was 1 SC. The make your own Ice cream Sundae was the best.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #1540
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencord7 View Post
I have few tips for your family.
The make your own Ice cream Sundae was the best.
Is this in the food court? My dks and I are huge ice cream eaters! I know we would all enjoy that. TIA
Old 08-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #1541
2littleprincesses
DIS Veteran

Will be there in 5 days. I have done online check in, but did not request a certain building. Can I still do this? Also, can the kids bring toys to the pool? Thanks

1st DCL cruise Magic--Western 3/19/2011!
DLR/CA coast trip 2014
2littleprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #1542
dencord7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnh'smom View Post
Is this in the food court? My dks and I are huge ice cream eaters! I know we would all enjoy that. TIA
Yes it is and it is open to 11:00-12:00 not postive. But you go to the Ice Cream counter Choose two scoops of Ice Cream and they top it with what ever topping you like. I think there was 7-10 topping to choose from.

Another great place is in DTD Goofy Kitchen you get to also make your own dessert. Cookie, Three prezels stickes. and one other item I caint remember. they dip them in White or Milk chocolate and roll them into three toping choices.

Well I should say the Cast Members makes these dessert but you choose what you want. Both were really great.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #1543
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencord7 View Post
Yes it is and it is open to 11:00-12:00 not postive.
Tell me you mean 11am to midnight and not that it is a special thing for an hour each day???
Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 AM   #1544
KarlaG4Kids
I LOVE to travel
Two votes from our house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnh'smom View Post
Tell me you mean 11am to midnight and not that it is a special thing for an hour each day???
I wondered that too!
05/12/14 35th Anniversary trip12/2/13 Christmas fun5/18/13 Fantasy Cruise w/whole family! 5/1/12 Our WDW trip with Abby & Cameron & DREAM cruise w/entire family!05/07/11 Grosdidier WDW & Dream 01/06/10 Marathon trip w C&C 09/12/09 01/28/09 DL 1st trip 09/20/08 01/11/08 08/26/07 12/11/06 09/25/06 01/11/06 02/2005 09/2004 12/2002 05/2002 01/2001 03/1999 01/1997 03/17/1995 - FT Wilderness, The trip that began it all! Each time I arrive at WDW I know that I am HOME! A vacation is one of the best investments in your family!
KarlaG4Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #1545
cglaura
I still love the smell of Love's Baby Soft

I think it meant 11pm or 12am, she wasn't sure of the exact time. That's how I read it anyway!

According to this, it is open to 12am, not sure if 100% accurate though...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...staurant.ID=75

We are going to ASMu in January, can't wait!

The hardest thing about having a plant-based only lifestyle is waking up at 5am to milk the almonds

************************************************** ****************************************

The pessimist complains about the wind... The optimist expects it to change... The realist adjusts the sails.

************************************************** ****************************************

A clever person turns great troubles into little ones... and little ones into none at all.

cglaura is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: