Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
faireygod mother
DIS Cast Member
I need some motivation in my life
My hairstylist is sworn to secrecy! But the Tag Fairy can be bribed to tell all!

Bringing home the "Magic" from the Med with pics- Completed

I have been trying to start this thread for 8 days. The internet has been awful and there are no Mickey Bars. Now that I have gotten the negative out of the way I can concentrate on the positive. This is truly a trip of a life time.

We are day two of six at sea and the weather is wonderful. The seas are calm and the water is a sapphire blue.

I will cut and past my trip report later. Just wanted to let some of those folks who have been wondering about us know what is going on.

Dec 1999 Off Site -|-Nov 2002 NCL Deep Southern Caribbean -|- Feb 2003 Grand Floridian -|- Dec 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge Land and Sea -|- March 2004 Pop-Century Girls "B" day trip -|- Oct 30 2004 Magicial Halloween Eastern Cruise -|- Jan 27 2005 Surprise Birthday Cruise for DH on the Wonder -|- October 16 2005 RCCL Mariner of the Seas -|- Nov 11 2006 Western Double Dip CC cruise -|- Aug 18 2007 Repo Western Med Cruise-l-Dec 6 2007 3 Day Wonder "Sisters" cruise-l-Aug 17 2008 EB PC Repo-|-Nov 8 2008 Vow renewal-changed to western-|- Sept 18, 2010 Repo Western Med Cruise -|- August 23, 2011 DCL ALaska

Last edited by faireygod mother; 10-09-2007 at 11:26 PM.
faireygod mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

I followed the trip reports closely on the EB crossing...I can't wait to read your trip report (and hopefully others) of this WB crossing!! I hope the weather continues to cooperate for you and all the passengers!!

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
Suecot2000
Mouseketeer

I've been waiting for someone to post a thread from the Magic. I was on the crossing in May and wanted to hear how this crossing was going. Sorry the ship ran out of Mickey bars! Please, keep us up-to-date. Hope the internet will cooperate with you.

Sue
Suecot2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:29 AM   #4
rikimuk
Mouseketeer

Im on the magic

OK well today on board the internet is flying which seriously is amazing for this boat.

So just a quicky to say hi and say this trip is amazing. After the bad weather of the way over the calm of the seas this way back is unbelievable.

The weather is so hot and the crew are great as always. Anyway just checking in to say hi and you guys are missing a great trip.

Lindsay

Lindsay & Martin took on the Med!! 12th May 07!!!

Lindsay & Sarah took the Magic home 18th August 07!!

Martin & Lindsay taking on Alaska May 2011

rikimuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #5
miclen
Mouseketeer

Hi - glad to hear all is well for you. We were on the last of the med cruises and the crew was worried about the seas for the trip back,soI am so happy to hear they have been calm and beautiful!! Have a great trip and I look forward to reading more!
miclen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #6
MrsJobba1
I swoon @ the very mention of his name
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Hi, I hope the seas stay calm for you...

If its any consolation I was on the 28th July med cruise and we had no mickey bars either - they gave us chocolate pirate bars - which were good, but not the same

MrsJobba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #7
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Hi

I am missing the blog as it is no one write it about Magic going home!!

I hope everything go well and looking forward to hear about it.

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #8
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

To echo some of my shipmates, We are having a fabulous time. The weather and the seas so far are amazing. Clear, calm water and sunshine. Temps in the 70s. The only rain we had was in Barcelona on the 19th. My DD (11) is loving Ocean Quest and all of the fun activities they plan. Last night we watched Underdog in the Walt Disney Theatre.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #9
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran

Shes doing very well.

I had to zoom out to get some land.
UPDATED

TUESDAY 28TH.

Last edited by Andrew DEREK UK; 08-28-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 AM   #10
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suecot2000 View Post
I've been waiting for someone to post a thread from the Magic. I was on the crossing in May and wanted to hear how this crossing was going. Sorry the ship ran out of Mickey bars! Please, keep us up-to-date. Hope the internet will cooperate with you.

Sue

We never actully even had Mickey bars. The Disney Magic has been Mickey Bar free since it's second week in the med. They had problems bring them over from the US as they could't get a supplier in europe, so they ended up getting pirite bars from Disneyland Paris. However there is a ray of hope on the Horizion. Someone on bord mentioned it to the Captian who then e-mailed the F&B manager on bord (I think) anyway as a rsult of this Disney is going to try and send an Emergency shipment to Castaway Cay for us! Disney!
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #11
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Hi Helen,

Love your report so far, and your photos are fantastic! I made a mistake when booking a hotel in Barcelona, and we ended up at the other end of Las Ramblas. Next time I'll know better!

Hugs, MJ

Lôôking forward to reading more of your & Dave's adventures.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:29 AM   #12
Mickey_loves_Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
We never actully even had Mickey bars. The Disney Magic has been Mickey Bar free since it's second week in the med. They had problems bring them over from the US as they could't get a supplier in europe, so they ended up getting pirite bars from Disneyland Paris. However there is a ray of hope on the Horizion. Someone on bord mentioned it to the Captian who then e-mailed the F&B manager on bord (I think) anyway as a rsult of this Disney is going to try and send an Emergency shipment to Castaway Cay for us! Disney!
I'm just curious, what are those? I've never been to DL Paris.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #13
Valencia Joe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_loves_Minnie View Post
I'm just curious, what are those? I've never been to DL Paris.
They were just pirate bars. Just think of a Mickey bar, without the chocolate hard-shell covering, being in the shape of a pirate's head, with chocolate being the bandana part, and vanilla the rest. We were on the cruise from July 28th to August 8 and my kids were disappointed that there were no Mickey bars (they understood that stuff runs out). However, one thing that they were not ready for were the waffles and pancakes made out of cake mix, as opposed to pancake mix. I found out that the Magic ran out of pancake mix rather early and could not get it restocked since their European supplier did not carry pancake mix.
Off-site - 95
Disneyland Paris - 97, 00 & 07
Old Key West - 98, 01 & 10
Port Orleans - Riverside - 00 & French Quarter - 05
Boardwalk - 02 & 09
Wilderness Lodge - 04 & 11
Tokyo Disney Resort - 05
Eastern Cruise - 05
Med Cruise - 07
Mexican Cruise - 08
Western Cruise - 12 (on the Fantasy in July 2012)
Contemporary - 12
Valencia Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:25 PM   #14
Andrew DEREK UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valencia Joe View Post
They were just pirate bars. Just think of a Mickey bar, without the chocolate hard-shell covering, being in the shape of a pirate's head, with chocolate being the bandana part, and vanilla the rest. We were on the cruise from July 28th to August 8 and my kids were disappointed that there were no Mickey bars (they understood that stuff runs out). However, one thing that they were not ready for were the waffles and pancakes made out of cake mix, as opposed to pancake mix. I found out that the Magic ran out of pancake mix rather early and could not get it restocked since their European supplier did not carry pancake mix.
We had thoose not very good!
Andrew DEREK UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:36 PM   #15
disneydance
DIS Veteran

Glad to here everything is going well and that the weather is great!!! Sorry to hear about the Shortage of Pancake/Waffle mix and the shortage of Mickey bars

Past Trips
~ 1998 Disneyland ~ 2002 Disneyland(Embassy Suites Anaheim South) ~ 2007 Disneyworld(Animal Kingdom Lodge) ~ 2009 Disneyland(Comfort Inn & Suites) ~
disneydance is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: