Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #346
emh1129
I admit, though, that I had Disney-tunnel-vision
Had a fish named mushroom
Most of the people here are completely clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorweJenNY View Post
Our stay at Embassy Suites was great! Very upscale compared to other offsite locations we've stayed at... The lobby was a good step above Buena Vista Suites, if that helps to compare... Though similar two-room suite accommodations... Better breakfast too (still complimentary). Needed room key just to enter parking lot, which made me feel a bit better about security. The only negatives were that our room was quite a walk away to get too (though it's a big place and we arrived late), we thought the tub wasn't cleaned at first(but then discovered what we thought was dirt was just a small stain... the rest of the bathroom looked perfectly clean), and the drive to the parks was just a little bit further than BVS (though still pretty close). There was a kitchenette with microwave, small fridge and sink, but there was yet a third sink in the bedroom as well... Made brushing teeth a lot easier when others were in the bathroom. Breakfast included a made-to-order omelet station, and the guy cooking was totally entertaining! Multiple breakfast meats were available at the same time. They had more overall food options and more space for breakfast than BVS. It was a bit crowded, but it was a busy Easter weekend, so I suspect lots of hotels were more packed than usual.

If we snag another Priceline deal like we just got, we'd be happy to be back to Embassy Suites.
Thanks for the review. Sounds like a nice hotel--and what a great deal!
Glad you had a good time!

emh1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #347
DisneyLover83
DIS Veteran

Won Radisson LBV for $55 for a Saturday night in May.

2007- All Star Music, 2008- POFQ, 2009- POFQ, 2010- AKL, 2011 - POFQ & CSR, 2012- POFQ & CSR, 2013- YC, 2014- POFQ
DisneyLover83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #348
ttrfanatic
Earning My Ears

I have seen where others have referenced sites like betterbidding and BFT in this thread so I thought I would let everyone know of a similar new site. The site is TripDucky.com. They pretty much do the same thing as the others but they have some very unique tools that the ohters don't such as showing you a calendar of what others have posted as their wins as well as generating a rebidding chart for you to use when you bid. It takes alot of the mystery out of the rebid process.

Just wanted to pass along the info to anyone interested...
ttrfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:05 AM   #349
dvcnewgirl
Williamsburg, VA
I don't care if I die early bring back the fried pie!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrfanatic View Post
I have seen where others have referenced sites like betterbidding and BFT in this thread so I thought I would let everyone know of a similar new site. The site is TripDucky.com. They pretty much do the same thing as the others but they have some very unique tools that the ohters don't such as showing you a calendar of what others have posted as their wins as well as generating a rebidding chart for you to use when you bid. It takes alot of the mystery out of the rebid process.

Just wanted to pass along the info to anyone interested...
Thanks!

dvcnewgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #350
emilysaba
Earning My Ears

Chance of getting upgrades?

If you have used priceline, have any of you ever been upgraded to a nicer room? Or is it out because you were able to get the room so cheap.
Thanks. I am hoping we get a nicer room once we are there.
emilysaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:31 PM   #351
taliategan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilysaba View Post
If you have used priceline, have any of you ever been upgraded to a nicer room? Or is it out because you were able to get the room so cheap.
Thanks. I am hoping we get a nicer room once we are there.
Typically your going to get the hotel's standard room, or its least expensive room listed on its web site. Some hotels may have certain rooms, probably rooms most would feel are the least desirable, set aside for Priceline or Hotwire customers. Once you make a purchase, its good to call or e-mail hotel with any special requests you may have concerning the room you will get at check-in. There is no guarantee your request will be honored, but a lot of the hotels will attempt to accomodate your request if it is feasible to do so. Upgrades to more expensive rooms are unlikely. Some have reported giving a tip to the hotel clerk to get a better room, and have indicated this will work. I think you have fold the money and put it under your credit card, because they are not allowed to take money in exchange for giving a better room.
taliategan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #352
DVC California
Try this weird hybrid sometime: DisneyQuest + Water Parks Annual Pass.......it's a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliategan View Post
...Some have reported giving a tip to the hotel clerk to get a better room, and have indicated this will work. I think you have fold the money and put it under your credit card, because they are not allowed to take money in exchange for giving a better room.
Twenty Dollar Trick

I have used this sucessfully in Vegas, Hawaii, NYC, and LA. I have not tried it in Orlando though.
DVC California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #353
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

I just won the Radisson Hotel Orlando - International Drive for 3 nights Memorial day weekend! I am paying a total... taxes & fee's included ...$100.38
I had a link for bonus cash...$30. It broke down to $10 per night bonus, then my bid of $26 per night.. giving me total out of pocket $100.38
Old 04-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #354
jakestill
Earning My Ears

Woooooooooooooot!
jakestill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #355
dferr
Earning My Ears

Bonus money

How do you get the bonus cash for Priceline?
dferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #356
NorweJenNY
Always expanding my knowledge of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mickeyfan View Post
I just won the Radisson Hotel Orlando - International Drive for 3 nights Memorial day weekend! I am paying a total... taxes & fee's included ...$100.38
I had a link for bonus cash...$30. It broke down to $10 per night bonus, then my bid of $26 per night.. giving me total out of pocket $100.38
That's the type of deal that says "no more Motel 6 for me!" Nice!

I'm curious about the bonus cash too? What's that? Where'd you get it? How'd it work?

Apr '96-Offsite / Dec '01-Jan '02-Honeymoon - CBR / Apr '03-Off Property / Jul '04 - OKW
Jul '06-Offsite / Aug '07-POP / May '08-OKW / Jun '08-SSR / Jul '09-POR & WL / Sep-Oct '09-ASMo
Dec '09-POFQ & VWL / Feb '10-Offsite / Apr '10-Offsite / May '10-BCV, SSR, & POFQ / Aug '11-POP
Oct '11-POR / Dec '11-10th Anniversary - BWV / Jan '12-BCV / May '12-AKV
Sep '12 - POR / Aug '13-OKW / Mar '14-AKV / May '14-SSR

Next trip... Sept '14 - AS-Sp

NorweJenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #357
burnsoc
Do you have your exit buddy?

When you have a priceline account, every so often they send emails with bonus cash offers. Usually it's $10 or $30 dollars, that you can apply to your bid.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #358
hotelibis
Earning My Ears

I won the Hyatt Grand Cypress for $62 a night while bidding for a Resort in the Lake Buena Vista - Downtown Disney priceline zone. Two night stay, checking in on May 14, 2010.
hotelibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #359
rebecca06261
DIS Pirate Wench

Location: Living in Fantasy Land on most days but sleeping in Spring Hill, FL

Okay, so this is a Hotwire purchase but I got Radison LBV $69 per night for July 2 &3rd. After tax and resort fee, total $169.36. It wasn't the best deal I've ever gotten but am happy with the results, considering its the 4th of July weekend.
rebecca06261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #360
Esteri
DIS Veteran

Radisson LBV must have a lot of extra rooms. I just got it via Priceline at $63 for one night - 6/21. It's our rent-a-bed for our arrival night. (We'll arrive at about 1 am!)

Yeah, I could have got a cheaper room elsewhere, but the choice is $50 for a Ramada-brick-bed, or $63 for a Radisson-Sleep-Number-Bed. Hummm. Let me think about that.

Offsite 1991 ~ Offsite 1993 ~ Shades of Green 1995 ~ DVC Member since 1999 ~
Shades of Green Oct 1999 ~ Old Key West Jan 2001 ~ Beach Club Villas Oct 2003 ~ Shades of Green / Disney Magic Aug 2006 ~ Old Key West Aug 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs May 2008 ~ Grand Californian 2008 ~ Disney Magic Through the Panama Canal Aug 2008 ~ Grand Californian Villas Feb 2010 ~
Split Stay Animal Kingdom Villas / Saratoga Springs in a GV June 2010 ~ WDW Somewhere summer 2012
Esteri is offline   Reply With Quote