Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #286
taliategan
DIS Veteran

I won the Westin Imagine on Priceline for 1/19/10 to 1/21/10, for two nights prior to our Disney Cruise on 1/21. The winning bid was $ 61.00. This hotel does have mandatory valet parking at $ 18.00 per day. Started bidding at $ 45.00 for 4* in Universal-SeaWorld Zone, and made 6 more bids using re-bid zones until the $ 61.00 bid was accepted.
taliategan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #287
andrews_dad
DIS Veteran

Need a sweet deal close to the World during peak time, 12/28-1/5. Anyone have a starting point for me?
andrews_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #288
karin037
DIS Veteran

Got the Hilton Bonnet Creek last night on Priceline for $65 a night (12/3-12/7)!!

karin037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #289
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Does anyone know how to let priceline know of a disappointing stay?

I won a bid on priceline for 3.5 star rated hotel. I bid $60.00 and priceline asked me to increase my bid $17.00 to $77.00 and I would win. I did just that and I was given the name of the hotel.

DH & I stayed there this past weekend and it is about a 2 star rated hotel.

I had allot of issues and am really disappointed I paid $77.00 per night.

Now I have had wonderful luck with priceline, always selecting 4 or 3.5 stars. I absolutely agreed to pay the additional $17.00 because I thought this was going to be a fabulous hotel. IT WAS NOT.

I went over to TripAdvisor after winning the bid and the reviews were awful. My heart sank BUT at that point there was nothing I could do BUT hope that this hotel would be great for us.

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #290
daannzzz
OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled egg salad
Enjoys the magic of Disneyland in December
: I am becoming a bit more adventurous in my dining habits

I am not sure how you contact them but I have read about other people who have and who got some results. I don't know if you will in your case but I would certainly try. What hotel did you get?
daannzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #291
momrek06

Quote:
Originally Posted by daannzzz View Post
I am not sure how you contact them but I have read about other people who have and who got some results. I don't know if you will in your case but I would certainly try. What hotel did you get?
Paradise Point Resort, San Diego, CA. Very disappointed. This is NOT paradise. This is NO resort. This is not 3.5 stars as priceline indicated. This is barely a 2 star MOTEL. Very tired, dark, musty, and old. No amenities in the room at all. Not even a "do not disturb" sign for the door. Parking is $25.00 a night ON TOP OF THE $77.00 I paid. RIP OFF. The bathroom door fell off on top of me as I went to close it the first hour we were in the room. All the towels had holes in them. I took pictures if priceline wanted to see.

I really wish I could find where I could let priceline know about this place. It is a MOTEL not a hotel. You drive your car up in front and park outside your door. That to me is a motel, like Motel 6!

KAR

Old 12-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #292
daannzzz

Wow. That sounds really bad and Priceline needs to know about it.

See if this number will get you too them. 877.850.9658

Or try this.

http://www.priceline.com/customerser...Contact_Us.asp
Old 12-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #293
momrek06

Quote:

Or try this.

Thanks so much, daannzzz! I appreciate all your help.

I am a long standing priceline user and this scares me to try it again as I do not want to pick 3.5 stars and get THAT place again.

My family is new to SoCal. We just relocated (from Boston) to Orange Cty and DS to San Diego Cty and we love exploring all over.

DS has an apt with 3 friends and there is no place for DH & I to stay when we go there for a night or two visiting him and sightseeing.

We have stayed at the San Diego Sheraton Resort & Spa and the Hyatt LaJolla with priceline!! AWESOME!! FABULOUS!! And then we got this place.

I do not even care if I get any refund. I would just like priceline to be totally aware of this place and to DROP it from 3.5 stars to 2 stars and except bids in the $60.00 range.

KAR

Old 12-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #294
daannzzz

Yes. You should see if they will drop it. Now you can bid on 4 star hotels though!!!

I have use them for things here and there and haver always done pretty good. I was a bit disappointed once when I got a Red Lion In Medford Oregon but it turned out to be decent. And once I over bid and got the Sheraton Key West for about the same as on Expedia! Oh well. It was still a great stay.

Let us know if you get through to them.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #295
Purseval
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
I won a bid on priceline for 3.5 star rated hotel. I bid $60.00 and priceline asked me to increase my bid $17.00 to $77.00 and I would win. I did just that and I was given the name of the hotel.
Right there is where you made your mistake. Experienced bidders know that when they get a message like that from Priceline they are already very close. The thing to do is refuse and up your bid a dollar or 2, you will get it anyway. There are different strategies on how much more to bid after you get this message (I just continue on as if there was no message at all) but even the highest recommendation is to bid half of what Priceline is asking for.

You sound like you would have had a rotten time no matter what the price but at least you would have won it on your terms, not theirs.
Purseval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #296
momrek06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purseval View Post
Right there is where you made your mistake. Experienced bidders know that when they get a message like that from Priceline they are already very close. The thing to do is refuse and up your bid a dollar or 2, you will get it anyway. There are different strategies on how much more to bid after you get this message (I just continue on as if there was no message at all) but even the highest recommendation is to bid half of what Priceline is asking for.

You sound like you would have had a rotten time no matter what the price but at least you would have won it on your terms, not theirs.
Wow, that is good to know, thanks. Yes, getting the room for $65.00 I would have felt a bit better. BUT the $77.00 + the parking at THIS place.

KAR

Old 12-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #297
momrek06

Quote:

Or try this.

I sent in a long review to priceline. They state they will contact me in 3 hours. Upon not hearing from them I called them and spoke with a gentleman who listened to my full report on this place. He wrote everything down and said they have a customer care dept of which my info would be forwarded to them and they would contact me in 5 business days.

I told "Rod" that I go to SD all the time visiting my son and I am now in fear of selecting 3.5 stars and receiving this place. I told him they need to please drop it down to 2 stars and accept $60.00 bids. PERIOD.

Soooooo I will update you all if and when I hear back!!!

KAR

Old 12-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #298
momrek06

My situation has been resolved. The hotel has credited me ONE NIGHT'S STAY!!!

After numerous emails back and forth with priceline, they told me to contact the hotel. They gave the name of their contact at the hotel. She called me today and listened to all my issues and said that she would be glad to refund me one night's stay. WooHoo!!!

Here is the email I received from priceline. They were standing firm that they would not refund my money...hence that sentence I bolded in the email.

Dear xxxxxxx,

A refund has been placed on the credit card you provided to us upon submitting your request.

Your refund for a total of 1 out of 2 night(s) will be posted by your credit card company within the next 15 business days.

We would like to remind you that this cancellation has been granted based on the extenuating circumstances related to your reservation. Under normal circumstances, reservations cannot be changed or cancelled.
Thank you,
priceline.com Customer Service

Thanks so much, daannzzz, again, for the # and the email to priceline!!

KAR

Old 12-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #299
daannzzz

You are Welcome. It is nice to see you got a credit. I do hope that Priceline re-rates that hotel.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #300
momrek06

Quote:
You are Welcome. It is nice to see you got a credit. I do hope that Priceline re-rates that hotel.
I do to!!! But for now, seeing that we do go to SD allot to see our DS, I will go with 4 stars. I do not think they will drop it down at all. In one of their emails to me they stated that on THEIR priceline website this hotel is getting 8 out of 10 points on its clients review of the place........well I went right over to that review site on priceline and that was soooooooooo not the truth.......I copied and pasted just some of the reviews, daannzzz, that priceline clients posted and sent these reviews back in an email of mine to them. Some clients even said exactly what I said about this NOT being a 3.5 star hotel.

*A little run down.
*The room smelled muggy
*Very musty smelling room, dirty carpet. Not a 3 1/2 star hotel room.
*Hotel room had mold in bathroom and silverfish in kitchen and bathroom
*Parking is expensive
*Charged extra for too many things. Run down.
*One of our 2 rooms was not clean and the heater smelled. Some of the staff had an attitude.
*They charged us 25.00 to park outside the door to our room without disclosing that other parking options were available.
*Room was very outdated, stained carpet an the parking fee was outrageous.
*The hotel charges $25 per night for parking which is outrageous as there is not a shortage of parking on a 44 acre property. This didn't even include internet (which was another $10 and it wasn't wireless).
*It is not a 3 1/2 star - nothing is said about $25 per day parking fee - old dirty rooms - pools not heated.
*Having to pay $25 for one car and $12.50 for the second and didn't get to park near our room.
*The nasty filthy rooms.
*If you like stained and dirty carpets, bugs in the bathroom and ripped sheets, this is the place for you! You'll be even more impressed by the peeling and filthy, stained tub!
*Rooms are old & smelly.

SHOCKING to say the least to have paid $77.00per night and $25.00per night for parking.....total ripoff.

BUT I am happy now and will continue to use priceline BUT at 4 stars!!!

KAR