Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2014, 08:06 AM   #1
jm106
DIS Veteran

Character Breakfast- Hilton Lk Buena Vista/DTD

We are staying at the Hilton near DTD for one night in Oct. I just realized they have a Sunday morning character meal.
Currently I have an ADR at Cape May in Beach club.
I would love feedback on the Hilton Character meal, maybe we should switch and just enjoy the hotels breakfast. Thanks so much for any help!

7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 10 day split/Orlando IRC October 2014
jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Northernlites
Mouseketeer

We did it last year with our 3.5 yo and my coworker did it last week with her 5 and 7 year old. Loved it. This is the character breakfast at the Convington Mill restaurant. It is only on Sundays. The restaurant opens at 8 am and no reservations are required. You can either order a la carter or have the brunch. The brunch is a 5 out of 5. Eggs are made fresh to order and there is a huge selection of fresh hot food. Everything is appealing, no soggy waffles or pancakes. Anyhow Minnie and Goofy come out of the kitchen at 8:30 prompt. She tours all the tables and spends as much time as you wish. When we were there since it was early she spent at least 5 minutes and then came back twice for more pictures. She mingles with everyone. Then at 9:30 two more disney characters come out and mingle. It was great!!! The food was fabulous and since my son was in such amazement and did not eat much there was no charge. We parked at the hotel lot and the ticket was validated by the wait staff, so it was free. We loved it and with tip and tax for two adults including coffee and milk and juice it was under $50....

We picked this over a character meal at Disney because I heard the food quality was poor at Disney and the size of the crowd was huge. Here at the Mill it is cozy and fab food.
Northernlites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
jm106
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much! I think we may do that, we want to swim a bit and walk DTD so heading to BC would take additional time. I do love the atmosphere and fun at disneys charecter meals though.

7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 10 day split/Orlando IRC October 2014
jm106 is offline   Reply With Quote