Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2005, 03:14 PM   #1
imsorry
Eating an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk is not a problem!
I don't throw out the garbage unless I have on a bra and a minimal amount of makeup

Talking An old report revisited - we are coming back!!!

Found this old trip report in my subscriptions - love the memories! We're coming back this Saturday!

May 13, 2005 – Day 7

Coffee and chocolate chip cookies on the porch (do you notice a trend).

JM says let’s go to a park first today. I pick myself up off the floor as JM decides on MGM. Only thing on my mind now is Rock N Roller coaster. Off to the lighthouse to catch a boat, only to realize we just missed it. I had some crackers on me for a situation like this (no, I was never a boy scout). We feed the fish. There are some bass in the lake that are over a foot long.

Finally to MGM and it’s noon already. I panic as visions of long lines appear in my head. I convince JM to go to Rock N Roller coaster to get fast passes. We get two fast passes. I see there is no line, so I pocket the fastpasses and go. Still cannot convince JM to go on this ride with me. Pedal to the metal, 5,4,3,2,1 – Dude Looks Like a Lady!! This has to be my favorite ride. Someday I will convince her.

Off to the Great Movie Ride – no lines. Back to Rock N Roller Coaster. Didn’t even need the fastpasses – ride it 2 more times. This gives JM some shopping time. A dangerous pass-time at best. I see her with that bag in her hand and a big smile on her face as I exit the ride. She found the Christmas ornament she had her heart set on and also got one for each of her sisters.

We walk out and see the line forming for Beauty and the Beast. Of course you always join any line you see in Disney! It’s 1:30PM as they open the gates. About 10 years ago we saw a pre-show here with 4 guys who sing acapella. They come out acting like stagehands and are hilarious. They have excellent voices and we are so happy to see them again. They sang for about 15 or 20 minutes – it’s déjŕ vu all over again.

Then Beauty and the Beast – this is as good as the Broadway version, which we have seen 3 times. JM always gets a lump in her throat when Belle comes out in that gold dress at the end. It’s now 2:30 and getting hot. The park is getting crowded so we decide to head back to the pool (AKA Stormalong Bay, AKA the best pool on property).

After missing the boat again, we are at the pool at 4PM (it takes time to fill that cooler with ice!).

We meet a lovely young woman who is on a business trip for the weekend. Her husband, a military pilot, has defended us in Iraq and is home with the children while she is away. She has a jewelry business “Cuddle Babies” where she makes beautiful bracelets. She is very interesting, and we share a beer with her and talk for over an hour. Tonight she is going to the Magic Kingdom and we are going to Epcot. Yes, two parks in one day! Can you believe in magic? The Nelsons are playing again. We stay for two shows –love that music! It’s another beautiful night. There is a breeze, and a wonderful sweet smell from all the flowers. The Flower and Garden show is in full bloom everywhere you walk.

We watch Illuminations from Italy and have a great view of the show. It’s our 2nd time seeing this show and we both like it better tonight for some reason. Maybe we are feeling better after being here for a few days.

It was so cute – some little kids were sitting on the floor waiting for Illuminations to start and they were getting impatient. Their father said “just sit there and the ice cream will come”. Along came grandpa with custard for all of them. Do they realize how lucky they are? Maybe in years to come they will look back, remember and appreciate. I know I will.

We are tired as we catch the boat to the Boardwalk. We end up in Spoodles again. We order a shrimp appetizer, main courses are the steak and pork chop. Excellent. JM gets a glass of sangria (no ice – takes up too much room!). The bill is $65, we apply our 20% dining card and save some more. This is really starting to pay off, and we still have two nights left.

Well, I thought the night was over but JM says “let’s go to Beaches and Cream for ice cream!”. We split a banana split. I haven’t had one of these in a very long time. It’s fun, and as it is almost midnight, I will see you all tomorrow.
May 14 – Day 8

Slept until almost 10AM. Must have been in a sugar coma from that banana split last night! At home we never sleep past 6AM. The sun is shining again so off to the pool (after the obligatory coffee and cookies on the porch – don’t want to come down too fast from all that sugar!).

As I write this report, we are sitting at the pool. Just spent two hours floating around the lazy river, under the bridges, going down the slide, etc. Love swimming into those inlets with the waterfalls. Those fluffy white clouds floating against that blue sky. Love those cold beers. Love those salty pistachio nuts. The smell of the suntan lotion. Those darn ducks who keep walking under our chairs looking for crumbs. Those darn squirrels jumping on our table looking for nuts. Those darn kids making so much noise. Those long lines at Beaches and Cream. These people who have cell phones surgically attached to their ears. OOPS, forgot I was in that great vacation mood! Scratch those last few!

Met the jewelry girl again – such a nice person to talk with. She joins us at our table for a beer and some pistachios. She is on her way to the Cape May buffet and we decide to go back for another showing of Fantasmic. On our way out we see her sitting in the buffet. JM goes up behind her and says “excuse me miss, can you throw some shrimp over your shoulder?” This cracks her up, we wish her a good evening and are on our way.

We saw the Muppets in 3D and Fantasmic. You can never see Fantasmic too many times! They can never make you do the :thewave: too many times. Actually, they can! As it is getting late we go back to ESPN. You’ll never guess what we had. How did you know? Oh well, you are on to us. Reubens and red beer finish a most relaxing and beautiful day.

May 15

Slept til 10AM again. This is becoming a nice habit. Last day, another dilemma - Pool or Magic Kingdom?

We opt for both. First to the pool - I panic as there are only 5 beers left. Judy makes the ultimate sacrifice and orders a pina colada! The things we do for love! Spend our last glorious day at Stormalong Bay.

We go to the Magic Kingdom at 7PM. No wait for the bus. Straight to Buzz Lightyear for 2 rounds. Carousel of Progress (still remember the song from our honeymoon “ now is the time, now if the best time, now is the best time of your life!” – come on, everybody sing!

No lines at Space Mountain, JM thought the ride was too slow, maybe because we sat in the front. (maybe it was that Pina Colada). Then off to Goofy’s barnstormer, Winnie the Pooh, Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain (she thought this was slow also, that was some pina colada!) All by 8:58!.

Ran full speed to see Wishes. Those new sneakers are still working great. Got in front of the castle with 10 seconds to spare! Great show to end our trip! Brought a tear to the eye. We really don’t want to leave. We can’t believe how much we did in our last two hours. Something about being here gives you so much energy!

Catch a bus right away and go to the Boardwalk. No, not to ESPN! Do we seem like creatures of habit? (well the cookies probably tipped you off, or maybe the Reubens, the beers, the nuts, or those endless days at the pool).

Spoodles! As I always say, nothing like variety. Mussels, fettuccine and steak. Delicious.

Can’t let it end yet so off to the Big River Grille. It’s another beautiful night so we sit outside.

Order two Wowser’s Wheat beers. The waiter tells us we can purchase the souvenir glass for $2 more each. JM thinks this is the ultimate bargain. So of course we are now the proud owners of two Wowser’s Wheat glasses! This beer was delicious – lemony and smooth.

An absolutely beautiful walk back to the Beach Club. There is a ˝ moon. We do most of our packing and go to sleep at 2AM. JM programs a wake up call for 8AM. We can't believe how fast this trip went by.

Last edited by imsorry; 09-25-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:30 PM   #2
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Wow relaxing for you - and a whirlwind of a report! I loved it! Thanks for sharing. I agree that late night walk back to the beach club is romantic- they used to pipe french music in under the bridge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2005, 07:41 PM   #3
tubachick
DIS Veteran
Official DIS "good thread" popcorn supplier

Thanks for sharing I loved reading your reports.
POP 10/12**CR 5/12**POP 2/12**POP 10/11**POP 7/11**POP 3/11**WL 1/11**WL 12/10**POP 10/10**CR 08/10**CSR 07/10** POP 05/10**POP 02/10 ** WL 11/09**WL 08/09**POP 06/09**POP 03/09** ASM 1/09**YC 8/08**ASM 4/08 **ASM 10/07**WL 9/07**DL/PP 4/2007**DCL 3/2007 ** CBR 3/2007**YC 8/2006**CBR 3/2006**CR 8/2005 ** WL (Honeymoon Suite)2/2005**WL(DISNEYMOON Concierge level) 4/2003**ASM 12/2000**ALS 1/2001
LAST! IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE!
Hail thee Babylonia, the goddess of women and all things fertile, and the landmark of the bathroom
Old 05-20-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
Valentine
BL II - Purple Team
Solo Travel addict
Photo Editor Wizard
Memories of Jambalaya and Sunday School...
I respect the heirachy of my cats

I was sooooo sad to see the end of your reports!! I enjoyed your trip soooo much! You travel the way I do! Taking time for the important stuff!!

Great report!! Hope you do get to go again soon! Would love to live through your report again!

Kathy

Tough Guy
Old 05-26-2005, 04:08 PM   #5
imsorry
Eating an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk is not a problem!
I don't throw out the garbage unless I have on a bra and a minimal amount of makeup

Going back on Sunday!

We're going back on Sunday....will let you know how it goes this time!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:42 AM   #6
imsorry

Wow, memories! I was cleaning out my subscriptions and found this - written by my DH!!

Guess what? We are going back on Saturday to start our new annual pass! We haven't been back since June '05. I am so excited/nervous, I've been ironing everything in sight! This will be my first trip since "retiring" in February. We are celebrating our 25th anniversay, although one year late.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: