Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #61
DisDancerina
Twitterpatted In The Spring!
I NEED HELP!! I have no clue what I'm doing

You sure must like to write!
Future Disneyland CP Cast Member: Photopass Photographer for SA 2015!
DisDancerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #62
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Well, I do hope it was helpful to you in some way.

Now we're starting to plan a December trip!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2007, 07:43 AM   #63
sydangel68
Mouseketeer

WOW thanks so much for posting all this.. I really enjoyed reading your trip report. It's nice to know that I am not the only one who changes their mind pre-trip.

We've rebooked so many times, DH is going crazy. Were originally going to WDW for 10 days and are now doing DLR for 15 days, getting annual passes, staying at HOJO and GCH. In between all this we are now going to included Sea World and Legoland. DH has put his foot down at trying to squeeze in a few days in Vegas too!..lol

Your son is a similar age to mine, so it was great to read about how he coped, what he enjoyed etc..

We took DS last year when he was 2.5 and he had a blast. Although we never spent more than 3 hours in the park at a time, due to him wanting to nap all the time. He will be 4 when we go next September and I am hoping he last longer days in the park. At least we will be at hotels in easy walking distance.

Enjoy your next trip. Can't wait to read about it.

Cheers
Angela

Disney Vacation 2014 - 3 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Fantasy 26 April 2014, 7 night Western Caribbean.... WDW 3 nights Beach Club Resort CL.

Disney Dream Vacation 2012 - 6 nights HRH, Universal...Disney Dream 23 Sep 2012, 4 night Bahamian.... WDW 5 nights Windsor Hills and 4 nights at Beach Club Resort CL.

Aug/Sep 2008 Disneyland, CA - GCH 6 nights...AND....Walt Disney World - 5 Nights Poly & 7 nights ASMu Family Suite both with Free Dining
Sep/Oct 2006 - Disneyland, CA - 8 nights Double Tree Guest Suites & 2 nights GCH
May 2003 - Disneyland, CA - DLH our honeymoon, Dec 1995 - Disneyland, CA - off site, Jan 1980 - Disneyland, CA - off site
sydangel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:35 PM   #64
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

It was amazing how anti-nap my guy was on this trip. Last trip he conked out in the (rental) stroller a couple times (one time while clutching my birthday cake, LOL), but this time he was just Wide Awake.

I'm jealous that you get to go to SeaWorld. I love that place. Actually, the first half of our first day we went I didn't like it. But we got the "buy one day get a second day free" tickets, so we knew we could take that first day slow.

One suggestion for your SW trip...see the "pets" show (Pets Rule). It is adorable! So perfect for little kids, and a nice change from the big fancy shows. And who doesn't like seeing trained....CATS? Cats! And a pig, and lots of dogs, and even ducks! Terrific show. My brother and sister in law, who live in San Diego, got annual passes based SOLELY on that show, and they have been known to just go in mid-day for that show only. (they love cats)

And just in case you don't know, it's an Anheuser Busch company, so they sell beer at SW. Expensive Budweiser. After being at Disneyland, it really surprised me!

Your multi-trip-within-a-trip reminds me of our tentative, future, plans for a trip to Europe. We don't want to do the huge Europe tour, but we have some definite places we want to see, and they are NOT all near each other!

I think I must start a pre-trip report soon for this December trip, and I REALLY need to get some hotel reservations, for the dates we'll likely be there. Complicated with DH's new job and not knowing for sure what his schedule will be by then, when he's all done with training!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 10-22-2007 at 01:39 PM. Reason: changed wording of the no-nap part of my sentence
Old 11-11-2007, 12:21 AM   #65
Plantlady
I eat a lot of pringles while I'm at the computer
I always aim for 15 minutes

I really enjoyed your trip report. My DH is vegetarian, so it is good to get some insight into which restaurants we may perhaps lean towards, if he's nice enough.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #66
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

DH and I are soooo looking forward to more gumbo. And my omnivorous brother and sister in law always seem to enjoy the meat (steak?) gumbo the same place, Royal St Veranda, serves.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 11-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #67
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Got my photopass pix. This is the best.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:00 AM   #68
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

great reports & lovely photos thanks for sharing

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Disney owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:19 PM   #69
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

From conversation in my Dec report, I decided to come back here and post a couple pictures my kiddo took with my camera in September. I might have already posted them, I don't know, so forgive if I did!

We got him a V-Tech camera for Yule, and he LOVES it, so he'll likely bring it on future trips to DL. I look forward to seeing what his eye sees, with his own camera!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #70
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Realized I hadn't posted the September trip's photopass pictures. Silly me!

OK I sort of cheated, b/c I posted one of them in my December trip. For some reason I barely did any editing on the Sept photos, what was I thinking?

This is heavily cropped. On our way to get DS new shoes (Buzz sneakers) after his sandals got soaked in bug's land.

Little hint. Never EVER have someone take a picture from downhill, when the person is significantly shorter than you to begin with...not if you have body image issues, that is. OMG the pictures that should have been cute where you align your head with the enormous Mickey ears on CA Screamin' are just awful, b/c she was so far below me.

This is the best of those, and I'm posting two embellishments I endited in.

I cannot believe how white my legs are. It's like I'm wearing white tights, but I'm not. Zoiks!

Robert spotted a photopass photog after he was trying to take pictures of us. Kinda cool that the photog showed up right then!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:05 AM   #71
Kristina
DIS Veteran

Hi! Just want to say I'm loving your trippie ! I haven't read the whole thing yet but I copied about half and it sure came in handy yesterday when I got stuck at work overnight due to some mean rain causing ice to form on the streets. Anyway I loved it and came home finally to have another look at all your great pictures (your son is adorable! ) and I've copied the rest. It's my cheapo version of a laptop, haha. So now I'll go have a nice cuddle up in the sofa with your trippie. I love all the detail you put in and hope to visit Disneyland again soon. I grew up in LA before moving to Sweden and now we go to WDW often but I long to go back so all the prices and hotel information you gave is great ! So thanks for writing it!

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #72
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much!

Sweden, wow! As much as I like Disney, I can't wait until we can visit Europe, just about any part of it. I've been to Ireland once (and want to go again, but it gets its own trip, LOL...with names like Molly and Eamon I'm sure you can understand why!) but even though hubby has visited or lived in quite a bit of Asia, he's never been to Europe at all, and we just want to go soak it up.

Does British Airways still have the "over the pole" flight that they did at least in '01? I had co-workers all set to take that flight from Seattle to London on their way to Belfast, and thought it was a very cool way to go (rather than going over America and over the ocean). But I don't know if they still have it (unfortunately, my co-workers' flight was canceled, as it was scheduled for around 1pm on THE 9/11, yikes!!!). Seems like that might be a straightforward way to get to the west coast for you. If it still exists, I'd love to do that flight to get to Londo to start our future trip...just not sure how long it's going to take to save for, what with all the disney urges we have!

Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #73
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I'm 2 paragraphs into your Paris report, I'm already drooling that you and your mom moved there! My stepmom is of Swedish descent (my half sister got the middle name of Helma, when they suddenly realized the middle name they were going to give her is also MY middle name...she's now named for her great grandmother), so maybe I could convince her to send me off to visit cousins or something...
Old 01-08-2008, 04:06 AM   #74
Kristina
DIS Veteran

I would love to visit Ireland! Ryan air is a airlines that flys really cheaply all over Europe as does Sterling air and Ryan air had a flight to Dublin that was sooo cheap. I could see going for 2 nights (better than not at all!) but everyone I know wants to stay for longer so I can't get anyone to go with me! In Europe, that's the next place I want to visit !
Last summer my Mom and I visited both Venice and Rome and I tell everyone, go to Venice ! Oh my Goodness that was the best thing I ever did, just amazing. My Mom has MS and must use a wheelchair at all times but Venice wasn't a problem really for us, we just had to plan ahead so it was cool. Unsure about the BA flight you mention, perhaps they still have it? I know what you mean about expensive Disney urges! And now you've got me dreaming of CA again and I haven't been back home for 4 years now . Yikes! Time for a return visit me thinks! Also yes do speak to your step mom! I reckon it's her duty to send you to Sweden, the Motherland so to speak ! Plus, then you can cut across the straight and visit the Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, where Walt Disney got this whole Disneyland thing in his head, and the Circle would be complete !
See! I'm all Disney, all the time hehe!

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #75
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

That's cool that your mom had no problems in Venice. DH would love love love to go to Venice, it's a weird thing he has. His mom, born in Korea, has a dream (that she will never fulfill b/c she has decided she's not worthy of traveling anymore since her husband died) to visit Ireland. A couple years ago she would have been invited when we do go, but she's really changed a lot.

If I were over in Europe already I'd go to Dublin for 2 days! In fact that's probably all I'd devote to Dublin anyways...when I visited Ireland we flew into Shannon and drove to Galway, stayed there 2 days, drove through the Burren, stopped to go Abbey-looking in Ballyhaunis where my great great grandfather was from, then got to Sligo and...just stayed there. I Loved Sligo. My traveling companion was wayyyyy into poetry, so it being poet's country was wonderful for her, but I just loved the weather (we went in October!), the green, the people, the thatch rooves, the pubs (omg the pubs, and it's got to be even better now that they are non-smoking), just every last thing about Sligo. On our drive back to Galway the day before our flight we spent a good hour of the drive just crying. It's hard to imagine going anywhere in Ireland but the northwest again...but I know I will have to!

I think my stepmom has been over there as a child, but I'm not sure.

There is just not enough time for all this traveling. I really must figure out a way to get paid for travel!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: