Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
motaei
Mouseketeer

Talking TR - DLR whirlwind in one day during the holiday season! Jan. 2nd

NOTES: 1) I have not necessarily listed the rides in order. 2) My kids were all about the rides – no parades and I had to beg for the fireworks. 3) We had never been to DCA before, as the last time we were at DL, DCA was still under construction.

DS14, DD12 & I (DH stayed with his parents – he hates crowds) left the in-laws' house at 6:30 am to arrive at the parking garage by 7am. After standing in line & about to enter the park, I found out that only one of my WDW hopper passes still had park days on them, so had to run & get tickets, but luckily did not have to stand in the entry line again. We still entered the DL gates before the 8am opening!

With the help of RideMax, low morning crowds and use of FastPasses, we did the following before 11 am: Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Pirates of the Caribbean, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Toon Town and Buzz Lightyear (FP). We got FPs for Indiana Jones to use later. However, I forgot to get a FP for SM before leaving the DL for DCA so that we could do SM again in the evening. Note: IMHO, we will never do HMH again – we like the traditional ride SO much better.

Again, with the help of RideMax and FastPasses, we did the following at DCA: lunch at Taste Pilots Grill while we waited for our FPs to kick in, then to Soaring over California (FP), Grizzly River Run (FP) (twice – but once we were given FPs from kindly strangers), Tower of Terror (FP), Muppets 3-D, Maliboomer, and California Screaming (FP). DD decided that she would do GRR without a poncho, as “ponchos are for woosies” – she got TOTALLY drenched just before sunset causing me to purchase her new pants at DL, as I didn’t think to bring an extra pair of jeans for her. Then again, I should have made her wear the poncho - "woosie" or not. (hind sight is 20/20)

Back to DL for the late afternoon & evening. The crowds were MUCH worse by now. But thanks to FPs, we did OK: dinner at the French Market Restaurant (clam chowder in a sourdough bowl), Roger Rabbit (third time was the charm, as the ride was down on the first two attempts) (FP), Indiana Jones (FP), Buzz Lightyear (FP), Mad Tea Party, and finally the Fireworks Spectacular from Main Street with the “snow”. By the end of the day, we were all VERY tired and our feet & legs hurt! But it was worth it! The only ride we wanted to ride, but didn’t was the Matterhorn – as it broke down after waiting 20 minutes in line and we just didn’t have the guts to wait in line again.

All in all a VERY successful day.

PS - Thanks to those who told me about RideMax it was a lifesaver!!
pre-2003 (been to DL several times - grew up in CA)
motaei is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: