Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
caryndisneydiva
DIS Veteran

Caryn and Mark PJ- SBP/LSS/PI >>>>>>AND WE'RE OFF<<<<<<

Oh my god this is so exciting!!! Well, Mark and I met at the Disney’s BoardWalk Resort in the summer of 2002 when I was doing my college program, he was my trainer!!! I know this is so cheesy, but the day I met him I knew that he was the one!

So, I got in touch with DFTW this week and have gotten about 700 emails from Joe De Matei, I think he’s the initial wedding planner, before we get our wedding coordinator…he’s just a DOLL! We are going to be married on January 24, 2008 at the BoardWalk Resort-Sea Breeze point, just mere steps from where we met at Community Hall! I’m hoping to have our reception brunch at the Attic, but I think we’re going to have too many people…in that case, I guess we’ll go to either Atlantic Dance Hall or the California Grill at the Contemporary…I want to have a desert party at Epcot later on that night and have a resort photo session in between brunch and the desert party…

My engagement ring and wedding band are so beautiful! My wedding band is canary diamonds and my engagement ring is a 2 ct. solitaire! I just love it!!!

I can’t wait to follow up with Joe on Monday!!! This is so exciting!!!

Last edited by caryndisneydiva; 01-21-2008 at 04:40 AM.
caryndisneydiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
mcarthur205
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!

Looking forward to hearing all about your plans and seeing lots of pics! We love lots of pics!
1991 & 1993 offsite 1997 Caribbean Beach Resort 1999 Coronado Springs Resort 2000 Port Orleans Resort 2002 Wilderness Lodge 2004 Dolphin 2006 Boardwalk Villas 2007 Dolphin 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort 2009 Beach Club Villas 2010 Saratoga Springs Resort 2011 offsite

mcarthur205 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
hmgolden
Disney Bride June 25, 2004

DISboards Moderator

Congratulations!
Old 08-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
JonetteA
A Tag is a wish that's granted, when you're fast asleep
4 brains are better than 2!!!

DISboards Moderator

Congrats! We can't wait to hear all about your planning.

Our Fairytale Wedding Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0&page=1&pp=15

Leif and Jonette
May 18, 2006
Uk Rose Garden/ CG/ Illuminations - Lower French
JonetteA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
ecoon
Mouseketeer

YAY...you started a PJ...I can't wait to hear more since we are practically having twin weddings!

My DFTW TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1662282
ecoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
Iluffyou
Still wishing upon a star...

Congrats! Now get your post count up and show us some pictures!

Iluffyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
pixie08
DIS Veteran

congratulations!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:32 AM   #8
oneyodafan
Woman With Hobbit Feet

Congrats!

WDW: 1992, 1998(honeymoon), 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005

http://ourdisneyadventures.blogspot.com/
oneyodafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:45 PM   #9
caryndisneydiva
DIS Veteran

there's so much to tell and so much to update but i'm at work and my boss is here!!!

DFTW planning journal* DFTW Trip Report
It's always good to have a nice pair of handy.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #10
caryndisneydiva
DIS Veteran

Wow. Planning a wedding is a ton of work! I was thinking that we were going to get away with only having 50ish people, well, I was super wrong about that…more like 75, which is doable of course, I haven’t really relayed that info to Mark (FH, DG) yet…I’m sure he’ll be fine… Since we’re now so many more, I can’t have a desert party , there aren’t any spaces available on that night. Oh well. I also can’t have the reception at the Attic like I’d originally planned, but I’ll live…We’ve decided to have our lunch reception at The Living Seas Salon. I’m so in love with this idea because I thought it would be really special for our guests to be able to be in a theme park for our wedding!!! Then, I so can’t believe that I forgot about this…Thursday night (night of our wedding-which is in the morning…) is cast member night at Pleasure Island and it is SO MUCH FUN! When Mark and I worked there, we would go every week! So, that’s what we’ll be doing that night, so I’m cool with the changes, everything happens for a reason and at least I’ll be able to dance the night away at Mannequins on my wedding day!!!

Dress issues…
So I live in Texas and my mother lives in New Jersey. She had a fit when I told her I was just going to go to David’s Bridal and buy a dress…so…now she’s coming here, on September 5th. She decided to call me at 7am this morning to tell me this, let’s just assume that she forgot the time difference between here and nj…I am NOT awake that early…I need my beauty sleep, I’m going to be a BRIDE soon.

Ok, I’ll update more later, I’m still on a search for the perfect invitations (Mark says that MUST have M+M on them, and since he’s not restricting me at all on my planning, I’m giving in…), favors and program ideas…See ya real soon!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
jasonandlisa
Mouseketeer

Congrats on deciding on the Living Seas!! Great choice

I'm also a living-in-Texas-with-mom-in-NJ bride. It's cool that she's coming out here to shop for a dress, despite the early hour of her announcement phone call! I bought mine back in NJ, which was fine except that it made the alterations a little more stressful. When I flew back for my final fitting a couple weeks ago, everything was a bit rushed. But it all worked out... Hope your dress shopping goes well! September 5th isn't too far off...

And good luck on your invitations search!! That was one of the most time-consuming things for me. Hopefully, you'll stumble upon the perfect ones very quickly!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #12
Lindsay22
DIS Veteran

Hi
I am Lindsay, Caryn's sister. I sent her to this website so she should be thanking me every day . My younger sister and I went with our mother bridesmaid dress shopping today. We are probably going with Bill Levkoff style 451. (I can't figure out how to post it right now) In black and whatever color sash Caryn picks.

Lindsay22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #13
caryndisneydiva
DIS Veteran

ok, so it's been too long since i've posted on here...my mom is coming to tx this week to shop for dresses. i pre-shopped a few days ago and wasn't so thrilled...i think i'm missing the bride gene...is anyone else feeling that way? i think i found a dress online though, at davids bridal of all places. i just can't see spending thousands of dollars on something i'm going to wear once...i do however see spending that much on shoes and there are a pair of manolo's at neimans that i'm eyeing...and i need a strand of pearls...i'm also considering silk flowers, again, i can't see spending tons of money on something that will die an hour after my ceremony...and i think it would be nice to save my bouquet, maybe my kid will want to use it or something...now i sound like my mother, so it's time to go.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #14
caryndisneydiva
DIS Veteran

it's possible that i might be losing my mind...

my mother is coming tomorrow to help me get my dress...the goal is to have said dress by thurs at the latest...i also still do not have invitations, favors, shoes-oh, and we still haven't signed the contract and sent in the deposit. we still haven't decided who is paying for what. i haven't sent anything in to randy yet, i haven't contacted carolyn allen's to deal with my dress issue...i haven't found a hair/make up person yet. i just might lose my mind. oh, and i'm in grad school and i'm also starting a new job this week. it's possible that i'm going to have a nervous break down. oh, another thing...fh and i are moving my stuff out of my condo, so that we can rent it and i'm moving to his/our house. so to recap, i basically have nothing done on the wedding front. i'm swamped with mba work. i'm starting a new job. i'm moving. nervous breakdown soon to come. stay tuned.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #15
jasonandlisa
Mouseketeer

Sorry everything is so stressful for you right now! How did the dress shopping go with your mom??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: