Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
alltvseries
"Where Dreams Come True"

Hidden Mickey Wedding Ideas...

Hello everyone...I want to do a Hidden Miceky Wedding at home cuz can't have a DFTW...Does anyone have ideas and pics??? Please!!!
1992- Family trip, 1997- Orlando Music Fest, 2000- Orlando Music Fest, 2006- First trip with boyfriend (his first trip) , 2007- First time in WDW hotel (POP), 2009- Surprise Disney Trip (POP) , 2010- First time with Free Dining (POP) , 2011- Disneymoon and DVC purchase (POP) , 2012: Jan - First DVC Trip and First time seeing Xmas decorations (SSR & AKL-KV) , Sept - First F&W and MNSSHP (SSR) , Dec-Jan - First NYE (BLT, BC & AKL-club Level) , 2013: June - Anniversary (AKL, BC & WL) , Aug-Sept - Bonus trip , 2014: June - Anniversary (SSR) , Dec-Jan NYE (BLT, OKW & WL) , 2015: June - Anniversary (OKW)...
alltvseries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

Here are a few ways to add Hidden Mickey's to your wedding...

Add crystal/beading to your bouquet in Mickey head cultures
If your veil or dress has beading ion it add a few Mickey's
If your cake has any kind of dots you can add Mickey's that way

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2007, 02:24 AM   #3
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

i had a hidden mickey wedding ring!
28/8/14-11/9/14 Solo trip @ Celebration suites!! 24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip @ ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 @ POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL CL and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover on Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL CL, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland, 05/99 - disneyland paris, 7/98 - WDW, 11/92 - WDW, 11/91 - WDW
karentan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
lumpyscall
Earning My Ears

We're having a Disney-themed wedding at a hotel in Milwaukee. We're lining the aisle with luminaries with Mickey silhouettes in the them. We're also getting a cupcake tree with fondant Mickeys on each cupcake for guests.

I still want a Mickey on my wedding band somehow. But can't think of any ideas how since I want it to match my e-ring, too.
Off-site - 1981-1986 / Disneyland - 1989,1997, 2005 / Port Orleans - 1994, 1995 / Fort Wilderness - 1996 / Dixie Landings - 1998 / Port Orleans Riverside - 2001 / Caribbean Beach - Honeymoon - April 2008 / All-Star Movies - Royal Family 5K - March 2009

The heffalump ate my honey. Well actually, I did, but it made me do it. ~~Winnie the Pooh
[/COLOR]
lumpyscall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
alltvseries
"Where Dreams Come True"

Look "my" ideas...

I found this in internet...

veil

individual cakes

we're doing it in black and white

this...

and...

but in this bouquet

and still looking.....
1992- Family trip, 1997- Orlando Music Fest, 2000- Orlando Music Fest, 2006- First trip with boyfriend (his first trip) , 2007- First time in WDW hotel (POP), 2009- Surprise Disney Trip (POP) , 2010- First time with Free Dining (POP) , 2011- Disneymoon and DVC purchase (POP) , 2012: Jan - First DVC Trip and First time seeing Xmas decorations (SSR & AKL-KV) , Sept - First F&W and MNSSHP (SSR) , Dec-Jan - First NYE (BLT, BC & AKL-club Level) , 2013: June - Anniversary (AKL, BC & WL) , Aug-Sept - Bonus trip , 2014: June - Anniversary (SSR) , Dec-Jan NYE (BLT, OKW & WL) , 2015: June - Anniversary (OKW)...
Old 08-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #6
Chantelle
Mouseketeer

Here are all my hidden (and maybe not-so-hidden) mickey ideas from my wedding. Some of them you have already have, but I thought I would show you how they turned out at my wedding.

First is the hidden mickeys in my bouquet:

I did the mickey program fans:

We used a mickey shaped box for our card box at our second wedding:

Mickey bubbles:

Mickey Centerpieces:

Mickey Garter (I just bought two different sizes of pearl beads at Walmart and sewed them on):

And a mickey on my purse:

I also wanted to get mickey's piped all over our cake (just groupings of three dots), but they wouldn't let me change anything on the intimate cake so I went with what they had. You could also get a mickey & minnie cake topper.

I hope this helps! One other idea I have seen is when you do your place settings, using the dessert and bread plates with the big dinner plate to make a mickey at each place setting.
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
alltvseries
"Where Dreams Come True"

Thanks!

They are very beautiful.....Sorry I forgot to say thanks for the ideas....and keep it coming.....
Old 08-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #8
jnale
Let the Countdown begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chantelle View Post
Here are all my hidden (and maybe not-so-hidden) mickey ideas from my wedding. Some of them you have already have, but I thought I would show you how they turned out at my wedding.

First is the hidden mickeys in my bouquet:

I did the mickey program fans:

We used a mickey shaped box for our card box at our second wedding:

Mickey bubbles:

Mickey Centerpieces:

Mickey Garter (I just bought two different sizes of pearl beads at Walmart and sewed them on):

And a mickey on my purse:

I also wanted to get mickey's piped all over our cake (just groupings of three dots), but they wouldn't let me change anything on the intimate cake so I went with what they had. You could also get a mickey & minnie cake topper.

I hope this helps! One other idea I have seen is when you do your place settings, using the dessert and bread plates with the big dinner plate to make a mickey at each place setting.
I absolutely LOVE the Mickey Centerpiece!!! Did you get these from Disney floral and if you don't mind me asking...how much were they? My DF is not all that into the "flower details" but when he saw this centerpiece he got excited over it and said we had to have it.
jnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #9
Maddiesmum03
Mouseketeer

here's my hidden Mickey on my handmade tiara
May 98 Allstar Music Oct 00 Port Orleans ( and joined DVC) Aug 01 Vero Beach Oct 02 Boardwalk/ Magic western cruise Aug 03 Boardwalk/ Wilderness Lodge ( with bump! ) July 04 Vero Beach (with baby!) Aug 05 Boardwalk/ Caribbean Beach resort July 06 Animal Kingdom Lodge (concierge) Boardwalk Nov 07 Vero Beach/ Magic cruise 8th May 08 Wedding at Sea Breeze Point/Boardwalk/VeroAug 10 Boardwalk/Kidani/Vero beach/BLT Oct 12 Halloween cruise on the Fantasy / Kidani
My wedding trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1845581
Maddiesmum03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:25 PM   #10
alltvseries
"Where Dreams Come True"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddiesmum03 View Post
here's my hidden Mickey on my handmade tiara
That is so cool....I'm gonna show it to my sister and see if she can do it.....
Old 08-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #11
Swmhc
DIS Veteran

My DH and his best man had hidden mickey's on their feet ! The best man's wife found black dress socks with mickey's embroidered on them at the World of Disney store. I haven't gotten our proofs back yet to post a photo of them. But if you called the World of Disney (at DTD), they could mail them to you.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #12
JonetteA
A Tag is a wish that's granted, when you're fast asleep
4 brains are better than 2!!!

DISboards Moderator

We had hidden mickeys in our save the date, invitation, and program. We also had them in the bouquets and on the ribbon wrapped stems. I also added in a mini gus and jaq to my bouquet to give a Cinderella flair.

Our Fairytale Wedding Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0&page=1&pp=15

Leif and Jonette
May 18, 2006
Uk Rose Garden/ CG/ Illuminations - Lower French
JonetteA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #13
alltvseries
"Where Dreams Come True"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swmhc View Post
My DH and his best man had hidden mickey's on their feet ! The best man's wife found black dress socks with mickey's embroidered on them at the World of Disney store. I haven't gotten our proofs back yet to post a photo of them. But if you called the World of Disney (at DTD), they could mail them to you.
yes!!!!....I found the socks......

Quote:
We had hidden mickeys in our save the date, invitation, and program. We also had them in the bouquets and on the ribbon wrapped stems. I also added in a mini gus and jaq to my bouquet to give a Cinderella flair.
have pics?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:23 PM   #14
Ember
I've also crazy glued myself to many things
I'm calling it a victory. At least until next time

Here were my hidden mickey's:

In my invites in the wedding logo and on the back of the reply card:

My hairpins:

My earrings:

His cuff links:

A crystal tattoo on my back:

In my bouquet:

And the sugar that we used for my afternoon tea reception:

Last edited by Ember; 08-18-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #15
Maddiesmum03
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltvseries View Post
That is so cool....I'm gonna show it to my sister and see if she can do it.....
thank you! it's also my "something blue"
May 98 Allstar Music Oct 00 Port Orleans ( and joined DVC) Aug 01 Vero Beach Oct 02 Boardwalk/ Magic western cruise Aug 03 Boardwalk/ Wilderness Lodge ( with bump! ) July 04 Vero Beach (with baby!) Aug 05 Boardwalk/ Caribbean Beach resort July 06 Animal Kingdom Lodge (concierge) Boardwalk Nov 07 Vero Beach/ Magic cruise 8th May 08 Wedding at Sea Breeze Point/Boardwalk/VeroAug 10 Boardwalk/Kidani/Vero beach/BLT Oct 12 Halloween cruise on the Fantasy / Kidani
My wedding trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1845581
Maddiesmum03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: