Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #16
I'mNoPrince
AlterEgo tmt martins
a bit of Color

Just wanted to add they use to have the DogTAg machines with Disney characters in the Parks ( AK in the store after Dino).

Also take a Daily Picture or anytime you change Cloths so you will have an updated photo to show.In a panic it's hard to remember what the kids are wearing
I'mNoPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:37 AM   #17
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mNoPrince View Post
Just wanted to add they use to have the DogTAg machines with Disney characters in the Parks ( AK in the store after Dino).

Also take a Daily Picture or anytime you change Cloths so you will have an updated photo to show.In a panic it's hard to remember what the kids are wearing
Great advice. I did this with DD. And you get some great pictures too! I made it a daily event before we left the hotel room to pose her in the same spot on the balcony. I just told her that I wanted to take pictures of how beautiful she looked every morning. Kids don't need to know why you are actually doing it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #18
jkcd513
Mouseketeer

Photo Id Tags

When we went in May 06 our son had just turned two. I was worried he would get seperated from us so I made my own tags and alot of people commented on what a neat idea it was. I bought the little clear pouches used for ID badges at meetings/conventions and I printed on one side of paper one family photo, one of him and his daddy, and one of him and his mommy (in photoshop I combined the three images on one page in the dimmensions needed to fit in the badge holder). Along with the three photos wrote "If Lost see back of card". On another paper which was not visible to strangers I put our cell phone numbers, our names, our hotel, and also two contact numbers back home for grandparents (just in case). I also put on that he should not be given ice cream or milk products since he was allergic to milk (since I had read on the disboards that one person who had found a lost child had bought them an ice cream to help calm them down until their parents were found). I placed both "cards into the badge holder and then everyday I would tell my son I needed to check his tag in his shirt and I would pin it to the back of his shirt (so he couldn't take it off). Just thought I would share my idea that worked well for us.

I can send photos if you need them to show what I am talking about.

-Jennifer
jkcd513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #19
LadyShea
DIS Veteran

Great idea Jennifer, similar to what I had in mind but with more details than I had come up with yet!
LadyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #20
pixidust1976
So Thankful

I worry about putting my room info on my children where other's could easily see it, because then they know what room is empty to go and try to break into.

I also worry about putting last names on it so that someone wouldn't say, "Hey Miss Jones, come with me, you've won a prize" and walk away with my kid.

I guess I am just a worry wart!!!

I suppose the cell phone number would be enough. Anyone have any other suggestions of information to make sure the tags have?

Lifelong Disney fan (from inside the womb) passing the Disney magic on to my young!!!!
pixidust1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #21
mommy2paris
DIS Veteran

All great ideas. My dd 2 1/2 would also never a necklace or bracelet alone or leave it on for a long period of time. She will also be wearing crocs, so no laces for us most days. I may try to bands though and hope that she may forget she's wearing it on her ankle. I also like the idea of pinning a notecard on the back of the shirt...
Does anyone know if the cm's are trained to look for these types of things? Because all though dd communicates well, if she were upset, I don't know that she would relay to a stranger to check her bracelet / anklet...
mommy2paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:15 PM   #22
jkcd513
Mouseketeer

Thanks

It worked really well for us and we still use this when we go to amusement parks, fairs, etc. No one else can see his name or our info unless he gets lost and someone was trying to find us and looks on the other side of the photo card. I liked including photos of us so that other people would be able to help him locate us and know what his mommy and daddy look like.

I have a photo but not sure how to post it in case anyone was confused about what I am talking about- I can email it if you would like to see it. You can only see it in the photos we took if his back facing me so it didn't get in the way of most photos.

Jennifer
Old 08-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #23
jkcd513
Mouseketeer

Room numbers

We only listed our hotel not our room numbers. I figured that if someone called our hotel and had our last name the cast member at the hotel would contact us (not give out the info to strangers).

-Jennifer
Old 08-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #24
hmhs
Mouseketeer

I'd also be interested to know if CMs would know to look for ID information on a child? I don't know that I personally would think to do that, but I bet kids to get lost at Disney every so often, so maybe they have a proctol for what to do?
hmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #25
jennilouwho
DIS Veteran

I just ordered from tottoos.org for my 17 month old. Hopefully they stick on well.
jennilouwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:41 PM   #26
LadyShea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixidust1976 View Post
I also worry about putting last names on it so that someone wouldn't say, "Hey Miss Jones, come with me, you've won a prize" and walk away with my kid.

I guess I am just a worry wart!!!

I suppose the cell phone number would be enough. Anyone have any other suggestions of information to make sure the tags have?
I am a worrier as well.

I planned to only have our son's first name, our first names, and our toll free number on the tag. That way nobody can get any information on how to actually locate us.

Something like "My name is C, I am traveling with My Mom, B and my Dad, F. If I am lost please call 888-***-****"
LadyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #27
danicaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennilouwho View Post
I just ordered from tottoos.org for my 17 month old. Hopefully they stick on well.
We plan to order those for our kids to.
Great ideas everyone.

danicaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #28
MiniGirl
DIS Veteran

My girls, especially my youngest, threw fits when we tried to put those paper bracelets on her, so those were out. We ended up just using masking tape and a Sharpie. Everyday we'd write our cell # on a strip of tape and tape it to the inside hem of our girls' shirts. They knew if they got lost they were to look for a CM (preferably female). If they didn't see one, they were to look for a woman with small children. Then all they had to do was turn up just the hem of the shirt to reveal our cell #.

The daily picture taking ritual is also a great idea.

I also started asking my girls on short shopping trips before our WDW trip to point out who they would ask for help if they couldn't find me. Rolling their eyes and saying an employee was not acceptable. They had to point to an actual person. Then I could tell them what a great choice they made or point out who may be a better choice.

We also have code words with our girls. We tell them they are not to go with anyone (stranger or not) no matter what the person tells them unless that person knows the code word. All too often we hear of people dressed like employees luring kids to some out-of-the-way spot by telling them their mom wanted to see them or someone being abducted by a family "friend." We have told them this is just so that we can be sure of where they are and who they are with at all times because that is our jib as their mom and dad.

Have a great time. Considering all the kids that are at WDW each day, very few of them get separated from their folks. Of those that do, the vast majority are reunited within minutes.

eBay ID: Beachside*Designs -- Etsy ID: BeachsideDesigns
MiniGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:01 PM   #29
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

I've seen kids in the parks with just a plain, white, office-type sticker saying "my mommy's cell phone # is xxx-xxxx" that is stuck on their back. Toddlers won't play with it since they can't see and it won't get melted ice cream, etc. all over it. I don't see any need to put names on it.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #30
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

I've tried the sticker thing - but it falls off very quickly in the heat (shirt gets sweaty and usually the kids go into every 'mister' or spray jet they see).

I don't have a problem with people seeing my kids' names - I say them about every 2 minutes anyway 'Bryan, Molly...time to go to the next ride' and similar statements. So anyone in our vicinity knows their names anyway.

I do something cheap and easy - I print out a paper with their names, dh and my names, our cell phone #'s and the resort where we're staying. I put cute Disney character stickers on them - then laminate them. I put little holes in the top and stick a pin through and put it on their shirt. PUtting it lower on their shirt (not up in the chest area but down near the hip) - makes it more comfortable IMO. Also - if you do this round the edges - laminated corners are SHARP!

Oh and dd was only 18 months the first time we did this - she didn't like it at first but I told her that no kids were allowed in the park without them...so she came around and now they're used to them. They even like it - cuz when they see the character who is on their nametag - they want to go show them that they match!
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: