Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #76
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse8 View Post
Wow Callie, Your Trip report is awesome. I'm so glad you had a great trip. Thanks again for the Wishes Cruise, It truly was Magicial!
I agree that it was Magical! DH said next time we are not doing it first night though, actually told me I could not plan anything big period for the first one lol. Thanks so much for joining us ... and taking the picture that is now my avatar.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #77
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Sorry it has taken me again so long to get back to this. We went to our orientation for the new adoption group last night and turned in all our paperwork. We start classes tomorrow and between school and house hunting my time seems to be dwindling away lol. So on to the TR! I had hoped that my photo-pass pictures would be here today but it is looking like another day without them so that will have to wait.

We were just finishing lunch and my sweet son turns to me and says "Mom do you think maybe we could stay in the park and get character autographs instead of going back to the room?". You have to understand just how utterly stupid my response of "If that is what you want to do we will." really was. This was already by far the hottest day we had been at Disney. There were no rain or clouds in sight and I can honestly say it felt hotter than any day I have ever spent outside. When I answered I was sitting in the cool of Back-lot Express looking into my child's sweet eyes, so not thinking about the heat outside those doors. James immediately looked at me like I was insane and said that's nice you guys can do whatever you want I am going back to take a nap in the cool. DD also decides that he is the brighter parent and bales on me. Though honestly at this point I am thinking what have I done so I do not blame her much for her actions.

From what I understand they took the boat back to the room where they spoke in very bad "English" accents the whole way there. I can honestly say I am glad I missed that lol. They then took a long nap and repeated the accents on the way back to the park.

I can give you a first hand account of DS and I's adventure in the blistering MGM heat! We reorganized before we left Back-lot to make sure everything we would need was easy for me to get to. DD left her pins with me with strict instructions of what I was to look for and what I was allowed to trade. I would love to say I got a great plan together at this point but in all honesty it was blindness. Which is not something I tend to do well. I am to say the least a planner lol.

I pick up a character schedule and we head off to find someone ... anyone lol. We walk down to where the Toy Story characters are and they are inside so we head out again ... DS decides he wants to see the Incredibles. I bite my tongue about it being clear across the park because he does not know that and we are staying here for him. Plus I figure it will be cool! So we lucked into the fact that they were about 10 minutes from the next "show". We sat through the first little show which is cute but better yet it is COOL! When it was over we head out. I do not see the incredibles first but we do see Remy and Emilee. I have wonderful pictures on photo-pass from all the character interactions but none on my personal camera. I really am impressed by single parents that have pictures of their children lol. The lines inside are not long and we wait a few minutes and are to Remy and Emilee. Alex adored them! Emilee was so awesome ... they played thumb war. The way they interacted honestly was enough to make the whole hot afternoon worth while alone! Emilee brought tears to my eyes the way that he played with Alex. When we went to leave Emilee grabbed hold of Alex's hand and pretended to be trying to sneak off. When his handler got on to him and told him he had to stay here he got Alex's chair and would not let go. Then she told him that we had to go and could not stay. Emilee dropped his head and waved by to Alex and we left. All while Remy is patting his back doing the it will be OK. Alex ate it up.

We headed upstairs for the Incredibles. I will be honest I was hoping that Frozone would be there but no such luck. We saw Mr and Mrs Incredible who were really great. Their handler was awesome as well. She was talking about our autograph pages and how cute they were. Also talking about how cute it was that we were matching. Alex tells her she would like our other shirts better because we had Incredibles shirts this morning to wear but his started peeling up so we could not wear them. She laughs and says these are cute too! Mr Incredible is getting Alex to flex his muscles and they are playing with them. Mrs Incredible walks over to see the autograph pages and does a thumbs up. The handler asks about when DS's bday is and if they should say anything and I say no he is one of those kids that does not really like the huge fuss and she signals at Mrs I. I am very impressed by there silent language, and how aware they seem to be of how kids with special needs can be. I have heard others talk about Mrs Incredible and how wonderful she can be with autistic children and I can definitely see why!
So our time is over and we head out into the shop with all the art. Alex and I both are quickly amazed and fall in love! It is without a doubt a dream of mine to have some of those paintings in my home! They are amazing! Also I found something for DH if we ever get a game room built. DS saw them and said Mom look!

We spend a while looking around the shop because it is awesome. Alex is my take it slow and take it all in kid. I love spending time with him because of this. He makes me slow down when we are together alone ... which is a very good thing. We find a CM and ask for a good plan on doing checking out the characters. She advises we head over and find Mike and Sully and DS is thrilled by that idea.

So we book it over because we do not have a lot of time before they get ready for the parade. We get there and the CM has just closed off the line. DS hears her talking about how the parade and decides he would like to do that. So I ask her if she could point us in the direction of the w/c area? She gets her manager because she is not sure and we start talking. Well Alex notices her pins and says Mom that is one of HM ghost pins that Shelby is getting you need to trade with her! So I do and she says you should have a happy daughter when they get back to the park huh? She then asks how many are in our party and I say just my DS and myself right now. Well she checks her watch and the line and says she thinks that Mike and Sully would have time for just one more. I ask her if she is sure because all that hair in this heat must be really hot! She smiles and says yes. They tried to get me to take a picture with them but I declined ... I knew how bad I looked from the heat and honestly did not want to remember it lol.

We leave and head out to the area to watch the parade. There was no one there and after about 2 minutes of sitting I realize why ... there is no shade straight heat! I grab us both a cold water out of the bag and pour a little on Alex's towel so he can wipe his face down. Thankfully we were not far from the start of the parade! I am glad we stayed put though because almost all the characters that walked by him interacted in some way with him.

Alex and Emilee

Jessie reaching down to shake his hand.

Animal one of my favorites from childhood. Alex had no idea who he was but thought he looked really cool lol.

Maleficent came up and gave Alex "the look" and walked off. He was beaming!

DS saw Goliath and said Mom get a picture it is that lion Shel likes lol.

Alex and Pinocchio.

He thought this car was the coolest and I have to agree! He said Mom it is Gangster Goofy! LAO not really but I went along for the ride.

Just thought this was a good picture of Pluto!

So now the parade is over and it is HOT. I am afraid to take us straight into ac so I head out in search of water. We get 2 cold waters and head over to the shaded covered area where there is a outside store. Where we sit till he and I both start to cool off. I notice the big thing of ice for those spray bottles and I ask if I can dip his towel in it and she says yes. So I get him cooled off fairly quickly. We both down our water and start talking about the day. He says Mom I am really sorry, and I ask him if he is having fun even in the heat. He says yes , I tell him so am I so you know what there is nothing to be sorry about. He smiles and looks cooled off so I throw away our empties and get him a refresh on his towel and another water.

He sees the cars guys coming around and says Mom LOOK! So we head off in that direction. We are the end of the line and I start talking to a CM. Alex has his towel over his head and she asks about him being out in the heat. I explain how we do not normally do heat but how we ended up here in the afternoon. Well Alex decides he has to go to the bathroom ... I ask her since we are the end of the line is it possible we could run to the bathroom and get back before they leave. She doubts it because of how far away the bathroom is. I ask him if he can wait and he says no so we head off.

I take him to the bathroom and honestly that was the best thing I could do because I was able to kind of wash up his face and back and get the sweat off of him and me both in the bathroom. We get done and of course the Cars guys are gone but we do spot Woody and Buzz. which I only have pictures on Photo-pass of. He sees the cars characters rounding the corner again and says Mom hurry lol. Once again the same CM sees us and she comes over to talk to me. She says since you guys waited so long time last time I am going to bump him up in line. I have never been so happy ... I am sure we got bad looks but if they knew the whole story and how we already had waited they probably would have felt different so I just avoided looking at others lol. I also reminded Alex we needed to be quick and he agreed.

Alex and Lightening McQueen.

Alex and Mater.

I do not know what the smudge or fog is. It is only in these 2 pictures so go figure.

Next we head to the Christmas shop and pick our ornaments for the trip. Alex finds a perfect one.

First though I have to go pick up kids from school. I would like to say I will get back to this this afternoon but I am not for sure. At latest I will finish the day on Monday.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2007, 01:59 PM   #78
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update. The pics are really good. I think you had it hotter than when we were there in July.

Looking forward to more.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #79
thptrek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
I know where Victoria is. I grew up in Rosenberg. Now live in Houston. About 15min from the med center. I have spent several nights at Texas Childrens with my kids. Great hospital. We have filled out gas tanks and my husband is out at Home Depot No telling what he will come back with. We are not evacuating this time.

Beth
I'm close by the med center too in West University. We are never evacuating, no matter what.

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
Old 09-12-2007, 07:53 AM   #80
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
great update. The pics are really good. I think you had it hotter than when we were there in July.

Looking forward to more.

Our only really hot days were the last 2 the day at MGM was brutal and the day we left probably would have been worse had we not had to leave to get on ME so early. What temps did you guys have when you were there?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:57 AM   #81
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_mckenna View Post
Our only really hot days were the last 2 the day at MGM was brutal and the day we left probably would have been worse had we not had to leave to get on ME so early. What temps did you guys have when you were there?
it was 95 - 91 it kept going down until we left.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #82
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Pre warning: this evening mark the only negative experiences we had on site for our trip. I am reporting so I am reporting them all. I will admit I was tired from not taking a break that I probably was not my normal let it roll off my back type attitude that I have at Disney. Plus I think when one bad thing happens it tends to spiral after that.

So I look at my watch and notice that it is almost time to meet James and Shel at Mama Mia's. We have no more character time which Alex and I both are disappointed about. We decide to take a look around the Christmas shop next to Toy Story we are looking for a Christmas ornament to commemorate our trip. Well Alex finds the perfect thing for us. The big deal about this trip to us was the wand coming down. He found a set of 4 ornaments each being the park icons ... the tree of life, Cinderella's castle, the sorcerer house, and finally the Epcot ball with the wand and all its glory! I called James to let him know we thought we had found our ornament for the trip and to come look. They were on their way into the park. DS then informed me it was time for a bathroom break.

So we head to the closest bathroom at Toy Story Pizza Planet. Because of DS's limited mobility he goes to the bathroom with me when DH is not around. If DH is there he takes him because well he is a boy. Because of the wheelchair at Toy Story we have 1 stall that is available for him to use. So of course we walk past all the empty stalls and the accessible stall is full. So we wait ... I look under the stall to see if I can tell what point the person in the stall is at so I can gage how much longer it will be. Do I see wheels? Nope I see high heels. My blood at this point I will admit begins to boil ... we have been waiting for close to 5 minutes for what looks like a woman with no mobility issues (the high heels) and no children with her so need for a larger bathroom. She stands at the sink in the bathroom for another 5 minutes I am assuming primping, apparently she wanted the privacy of the larger stall. When she finally did come out DS said I gave her a very nasty look. I can honestly say if I had been her I would have felt so bad about taking up the only stall that this child could use ... not this woman she acted like we were in her way. She obviously did not get the magic of Disney and that is all I can say about her.

We headed back to the Christmas shop and met my husband and everyone agreed DS had made a perfect choice so we bought the ornaments and had them sent up front for later.

We were close to running late and we headed off to Mama Mia's. We were seated immediately into a booth and honestly I should have told the hostess that that would not work for us. This is me taking responsibility for my roll in this evenings meal fiasco. I was tired and just wanted a nice meal and we had just gone to the bathroom so I for saw no problems it it. Our waiter was to say the least not very attentive. I wish we had had the waitress who had the table next to us because they were never short on drinks etc. Ours acted put out that we were not ready to order and took him a long time to come back around again. DD and DS have been ordering off the kids menu for most of the trip off and on. Our waiter told them that it was not allowed. So it took another while to figure something that the kids wanted to eat. DH and I were already agreeing before the food came that we would probably not be back. The appetizers came and it was nothing grand. The kids did not like their appetizers though I forget what they ordered. Everyone was hot so we had already run out of drinks. DS decides at this point he needs to go to the bathroom and this is the point where I start to come undone. I walk to the podium to get his WC which they had assured me would be safe there. There are small children playing on it and one of the hostess's is smiling watching them like it is cute what they are doing! They see me walking up and that what are you doing mom look and immediately get off. I see no parents to confront so I head back to the table to get Alex. We go to the bathroom and come back and the waiter is there. He asks probably saw the look of irritation on my face and worriedly asks if there is something he can do to help. I think that he was thinking more along the lines of putting the w/c back where it was but I immediately said yes you can get me a manager. She came and was very very nice. She asked what had happened and I calmly explained about the service and more importantly the w/c. She asked what she could do to fix it and I said I have no idea. She put the chair back where it could not be messed with. The kids were busy picking everything but the pepperonis off their flat bread and she offered to redo their pizzas without the other things. She came back and said that they would comp one of our dinners. I told her that was very nice but since we were on the DDP and leaving tomorrow that was kind of pointless for us, then she offered us fast passes and I again declined and explained that it would be something we would not be able to use. She laughed with us and asked if we needed anything else. DH said yes could you get our waiter to get her a drink and me a beer? She offered to comp it and we accepted. We enjoyed the rest of our meal the food was decent but not enough that we will ever chance Mama Mia's again. Our service other than the manager was still really bad. Our waiter actually brought the check before even asking about dessert. I was very glad to get out of there after our meal.

So now I have had a drink and the day will get better right? Absolutely lol. We head out and decide to do some shopping. DH and I wanted to buy margarita glasses and beer mugs. The kids had money burning a hole in their pocket as well. We spent the rest of the evening walking the shops and taking pictures.

This has apparently become our every year picture lol.

From our November trip. I realize now that we should have sat him in front of the dragon.

The kids traded pins and we hung out. I have a photo-pass picture or 2 but I will have to wait till this weekend when I will have WiFi to upload them.

DH loves this car so he gets a picture with it every time lol.

It finally becomes time for us to be seated with our Fantasmic Package so we head to the front of the park. We head in and take our seat. The kids were really hyped about seeing it again.

I think the look in their eyes in this picture shows how hyper they were.
I go to get the kids water in the insane line ... Disney really should get more than one place inside there that sells water! Alex had gone with me and decides to buy a stitch light up toy. We sit back down and DD wants to now of course buy a light up toy ... so we head back up and she gets a Mickey sword. I can already see this being an issue lol. Shortly after it starts I end up taking the lighted things away because they are going to end up hitting a stranger lol. Fantasmic was magical! I thought the second time I saw it it would not be as great. Well I was wrong it was better! There were parts DD did not remember and kept swearing they were new lol.

After Fantasmic we walk back to the hotel ; I love that walk at night it is so magical. When we get back I start packing up. Tomorrow will be our last day at Disney. It goes to quickly.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #83
scottny
You better have crackers

Sorry to hear about the lady. She really should have apologized. I would have banged on the door when I saw no wheels.

Mama Melrose is TERRIBLE. We had a bad time there. We did it for Fantasmic and never again. Fantasmic I will rather get to early and sit in the middle.

The ornaments sound nice.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #84
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the lady. She really should have apologized. I would have banged on the door when I saw no wheels.

Mama Melrose is TERRIBLE. We had a bad time there. We did it for Fantasmic and never again. Fantasmic I will rather get to early and sit in the middle.

The ornaments sound nice.
I should have done that. DS would have probably laughed to hard and then well we would not have needed the stall immediately then.

MM is definately someplace we will not try again. It was not horrible food just such a contrast to all the wonderful meals we had at Disney. Definately not up to the same standards.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #85
scottny
You better have crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_mckenna View Post
I should have done that. DS would have probably laughed to hard and then well we would not have needed the stall immediately then.
that would not have been good.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:27 PM   #86
katielou
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thptrek View Post
I'm close by the med center too in West University. We are never evacuating, no matter what.
Hi there, It's nice to see someone that lives close to us. We live in Maplewood which is off of South Braeswood. I was shopping in the village the other day. Looking for a princess outfit for my daughter

I'm so glad to hear that things are progressing well with the adoption process. My prayers are with you and your family.

Beth

We are in the countdown mode at our house Only 67 more days til we are at the BC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-13-2007, 06:36 AM   #87
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
that would not have been good.
My thoughts exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
I'm so glad to hear that things are progressing well with the adoption process. My prayers are with you and your family.

We are in the countdown mode at our house Only 67 more days til we are at the BC
Thank you we will take all we can get. This weekend we are driving to Dallas on Saturday and spending the weekend with the kids. We are very excited my best friend said she is going to go to church Sunday and leave us all at the house so we can get a feel for it all without anyone there. I cannot wait.

I bet you guys cannot wait! You will love BC The only bad thing is you may never want to go anywhere else lol. Did you get your scheduled fixed back from the move and all?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #88
funhouse8
How can you invest so much money on a vacation and be so clueless?
If we keep going to Disney we will be like Peter Pan and never grow up!

Thanks for the boo!

MarkGina Jesse30Melinda28,Kristi24&T yler23
Old 09-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #89
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse8 View Post
Thanks for the boo!
You are quiet welcome Gina
Old 10-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #90
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

First I will say I am so sorry this TR has been so long in coming! There will be a few posts today. And this TR will be finished within the hour. Life has definately gotten in the way of it lately. It is bitter sweet coming to an end. If things go as planned I think we are going to nix our Dec 08 trip, my idea not my husbands he was very shocked I would consider it. Things are looking like they are waiting for us to get the kids we are expecting to have our home study completed and turned in by the 8th so I am scrambling trying to get our last minute things done. We had the actual study last night and it went very well, we still have a few more things like TB tests and health and fire inspections to do though. Plus my hopefully soon to be 5 year old FD has some issues that we will have to get under control before I take her to the World. I do not want issues to get in the way of anyones magic, including mine lol. Course we may find that she adjusts quicker than we expect after being reunited with her brothers. I also want to try a smaller scaled down trip with them for thier first trip with us like to the beach etc. The world is a big step for kids that have never even really been to county fairs etc. We moved and found a 6 bedroom home in another district. We love it and just found out the landlord was considering selling it before we rented it so we are hoping when our lease is up in a year if it is still working for us he will agree to sell. We are less than 2 blocks from the Lake and a park. It is in town but the yard is huge for an in town yard. We love it here and so do the kids.

So onto why you are reading! Disney of course!
First is how to do the photopass pictures. There are in excess of 200 so I can't really post as many as I would like. So I am just going to post a link and post a few that I really loved. I also did not get to edit these down to smaller just because I do not have the time with everything going on. http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ons/photopass/

Our first photopass picture of the trip.

Alex with Remy and Emile at MGM.

Shel's bday.

MK at the Judges Tent.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: