Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #61
disneyfun2007
Mouseketeer

Your trip report is great thus far. Your family is beautiful. I love all the pictures you have posted.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:56 AM   #62
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I do like photos.

So do I

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky hater View Post
awesome pics we had the same mad hatter when we went to awesome aristocats pictures
Thank you. He is a great MH isn't he! We absolutely adored him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfun2007 View Post
Your trip report is great thus far. Your family is beautiful. I love all the pictures you have posted.
Thank you so much for the compliments.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2007, 12:55 PM   #63
HomeschoolMama
I raise kids... What's your super power?

Subbing and going back to read. You had me at lots of pictures...
Old 08-31-2007, 03:58 PM   #64
talicskai
DIS Veteran

Subscribing ~ excellent!

1974 - First Visit ~ Contemporary
1984 - Vistana Resort
1991-2001 Vistana Resort
2001 - Disney Wonder 3 day
2002 - Vistana Villages
2003 - DCL Eastern
2004 - DCL Western
2005 - 2007 Vistana
2008 - DCL Eastern & DVC
2009/10 ~ Vistana Resort
2011 ~ March 2-9 Vistana Resort
Old 08-31-2007, 04:51 PM   #65
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeschoolMama View Post
Subbing and going back to read. You had me at lots of pictures...
Quote:
Originally Posted by talicskai View Post
Subscribing ~ excellent!
to both of you. thanks for joining.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #66
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

I love the fact you all wore matching shirts...for our trip in Nov. I have one day of that...where did you get them?

I am excited because we are staying at BCV in Nov. and heard great things about it. And love the fact so close to Epcot our favorite park.

Loved all the pics with fog or no fog....you have a beautiful family.
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 08-31-2007, 05:58 PM   #67
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avivasmom View Post
I love the fact you all wore matching shirts...for our trip in Nov. I have one day of that...where did you get them?

I am excited because we are staying at BCV in Nov. and heard great things about it. And love the fact so close to Epcot our favorite park.

Loved all the pics with fog or no fog....you have a beautiful family.
Thank you so much. We love BC and hopefully our next stay will BCV look forward to hearing how you like it! Definately stroll over to the BC lobby and let your precious daughter meet Art ... she will never forget him he is a wonderful man.

Well I bought the Polos from Disney shopping. They still have most of them I think. I know the orange ones were on clearance when I did buy them so they may not still be there. The mickey head shirts came from there as well I think they have 5 colors and I bought 2 of them ... I bought them when they ran them on sale for 5 to 7 a piece.

The rest of the shirts I made. I bought a bulk of dark transfers for all the iron on ones that I printed out. Then I made applique shirts, and some with spray fabric paint as well. All my tshirts came from Walmart. If you need any help let me know I still have the majority of the patterns from all of the ones I did and I have the images saved as well.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:38 PM   #68
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I bought a bulk of dark transfers for all the iron on ones that I printed out. Then I made applique shirts, and some with spray fabric paint as well. All my tshirts came from Walmart. If you need any help let me know I still have the majority of the patterns from all of the ones I did and I have the images saved as well
How do you print them out and iron them on? Never did it before. And I have no artistic talent.

We are going for our 11th wedding anniversary...this is our 4th year in a row. We will go to California Grill for dinner and take Aviva to Sandcastle Club...we did it 3 years ago at Simba's Clubhouse and she loved it.
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 08-31-2007, 06:48 PM   #69
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avivasmom View Post
How do you print them out and iron them on? Never did it before. And I have no artistic talent.

We are going for our 11th wedding anniversary...this is our 4th year in a row. We will go to California Grill for dinner and take Aviva to Sandcastle Club...we did it 3 years ago at Simba's Clubhouse and she loved it.
They have paper you can buy at Walmart that is for iron ons. The one I bought from there is Avery for Dark transfers ... don't by the light even if you are putting it on light shirts it is just crap. Check out the Creative DISigns board here and they have tons of pictures that people personalize that you save to your computer and print it out on that paper. Just follow the instructions on the paper you get and you will be fine. On the first page I posted the links to all our shirts too and if you see anything there you like lmk and I can personalize it for you.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:51 AM   #70
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

No, you can never post too much pictures. They help tell your story.

I am SOOOOO excited that you converted your hubby! Mine is STILL complaining about going this year! I guess it just takes time right? Which DVC did you go visit?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:35 AM   #71
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Yes well in our case it just took some time. Last year this time he would have barely talked about going to Disney much less anything else.
We went to SS. We both liked the resort itself. DH did not like how far it is away from everything and honestly I have to agree. With DS's mobility issues our least favorite mode of transport at Disney is the bus. At least at the Epcot or Monorail resorts there are options other than that for some of the parks.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #72
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

I have photo-pass pictures from today but none with our camera. So I will ad them later this week when the CD gets here.

We get back to the hotel and the kids had both eaten some breakfast (cereal bars lol) and are dressed and ready to go. So we head out to MGM! I think we could have done with a day off but no one wanted to hang back at the hotel so we headed out. DH wanted to walk and the kids and I did not share in the excitement about walking so we hit the boats. He claims he strolled ... I know he stopped and talked with someone who was fishing in Crystal lake. He did get to MGM a few minutes before we did so unfortunately that proved his point of it was quicker to walk lol.

First course of action is for the kids to spread a little magic. We had been given 4 fast pass cards by the CM at the DVC presentation. We would not use them so the kids wanted to find a family to give them too. They started looking as soon as we got into the park. The kids wanted to give them to someone who would according to them use them correctly (ToT and RnRC ). So finding someone that could fit that description was actually pretty difficult. They would find someone and then watch them for a few minutes to make sure of their party size. Well we rounded the corner and headed to RnRC. I told them if nothing else they could hit the FP line at RnRC and give them to someone there. As soon as I said it DD spotted a family. It was a Mom and Dad and two little girls that looked to be the same ages as my kids. They looked very confused trying to find their way ... I am thinking first trip to MGM. DD got bashful though and I had to walk with her to give them away. I explained that they each had 3 rides on them and what they were. They sounded like they were from England and they were very appreciative but I think still confused. I left them and ended up walking back because I had forgotten to tell them not to put them near their cellphones and they asked me a few questions about the cards then. We headed back out to RnRC.

Funny thing when we got there the little girls that the kids gave the cards to ended up in line in front of us! The youngest got scared right as you walk into the cage part of the cue and DD helped talk her down lol. I decided to ride with the kids this time since we had hit EE already and that was the agreement. Because of us having to enter into a different area to get Alex into a car we did not ride behind the girls but DH said he saw them get off and they were gushing about how much fun they had! One of our favorite CM's this trip was at RnRC and James was telling her about the girls and she told me when we got off RnRC I knew I liked you guys for a reason lol.

James wanted to watch LMA so we hurried out to catch the first show. I think at this point I realized how tired everyone was because DH was the only one that really enjoyed it. Course he loves all things cars and all things that blow up so ... It was also getting a LOT warmer than it had been! Plus everyone was hungry so we decided to grab lunch. DH waited while the kids and stopped to Toy Story and got pizza then we went to Back-Lot Express and he got a burger. While eating we decide on our afternoon and how it is going to happen. Next installment will be MGM in the afternoon ... guess who stays and guess who goes!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:28 AM   #73
AshleyMWC
DIS Veteran

Great report! I do apologize for my late entry into your report, but I am loving it! I just sat here and read the whole thing at work this morning- slow morning, boss is out, might as well do a little Dis-ing. Great job with the pics- you can never have too many. Oh, and AWESOME job convincing your hubbie to join DVC!! My DBF is totally hooked on Disney since I introduced it to him 4 years ago, and he keeps saying "one day we will have DVC." I can't wait to hear how your TR ends, although I am sad to see it come to a close

Mommy and Daddy only trip March 13-18
Old 09-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #74
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMWC View Post
Great report! I do apologize for my late entry into your report, but I am loving it! I just sat here and read the whole thing at work this morning- slow morning, boss is out, might as well do a little Dis-ing. Great job with the pics- you can never have too many. Oh, and AWESOME job convincing your hubbie to join DVC!! My DBF is totally hooked on Disney since I introduced it to him 4 years ago, and he keeps saying "one day we will have DVC." I can't wait to hear how your TR ends, although I am sad to see it come to a close
Better late than never.

Yes we are close to the end of our time. Sad because that will mean that my trip is "officially" over.

I see you guys are heading to Poly soon! That is one place we really want to go ... can't wait to hear about it!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #75
funhouse8
How can you invest so much money on a vacation and be so clueless?
If we keep going to Disney we will be like Peter Pan and never grow up!

Wow Callie, Your Trip report is awesome. I'm so glad you had a great trip. Thanks again for the Wishes Cruise, It truly was Magicial!

MarkGina Jesse30Melinda28,Kristi24&T yler23

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: