Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #16
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

I know why you don't like Spoodles Scott you are where the good Italian food is. We at best get Olive Garden here so we enjoyed it lol.
Jenny a glowing tink is a clip on plastic thing that goes on certain drinks that Disney has marketed to kids (they are non alcholic). They have a watch battery inside and glow. The tink one glows green and in the shape of Tink, and the hook one glows red and is in the shape of Hook. I took a picture but unfortunately it did not turn out well it just looks like a glowing blob.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #17
jennydep
Mouseketeer

Thank you!
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2007, 07:27 PM   #18
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

I can tell this is going to be a great trip report, and I absolutely love all the pictures. What a beautiful family you have.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #19
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Thanks Tina we really enjoyed our trip.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #20
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

We got up pretty early ... 6 anyway. We got dressed and ready and got the kids out the door. I have this fear of being late and honestly this morning I probably could have been a LOT later and we still would have been fine. I forgot the camera so I had to run back up the stairs and by the time I got back the bus was there and had Alex loaded and ready to go!!! We stopped at Yacht club and no one got on so we rode all the way to MK as the only family on the bus!!! It was so cool! I took pictures ... of course.

Notice the happiness on every ones face for being so early lol. DS is the only one other than me that thought being on a bus with no one else was cool.

We got to the park way earlier than I needed to be there but I rationalized it was much better than being late. It really was so cool because there was a rainbow over the lake and one side ended at poly and the other ended in MK looked to be around Frontier-land. I tried to get a picture but it did not turn out really well. You can faintly see the rainbow in my pictures. Another reason I need a new camera :D.

No one was even in line yet so we sat down on the park benches to wait. Shelby was still sleepy so she laid down on the park bench and went to sleep in my lap. Alex happily waiting and taking in the sites.

We waited till 7:40 and they let us in. We got a few good pictures in front of the castle ... I must say it was really nice being in MK without many people! Definitely worth getting up early for and also worth the ADR at CRT.

We had breakfast at the Royal Table. That has to be one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. The french toast is AWESOME! We met Cinderella
downstairs and then went up for breakfast. The kids got a sword and a wand. Alice really got the kids giggling etc. She was adorable. All the others (Belle, Aurora, and Snow White) did not really mess with Alex because he did not want a picture with him. Alice played with him and got him to say yes to a picture.

She talked to him about their bdays and how she was just a year older than him. It is wild to me how the ones I never liked much are standing out so much this trip!

The kids decided they did not want to ride Dumbo or the Teacups (no loss as far as I am concerned lol) so we rode Pooh which is adorable. Then went on Snow Whites Scary Adventure. Shel decided she wanted to watch Mickeys Phillharmagic and it is one of the cutest shows we have seen at Disney! We waited for a little bit and I must say I love that my family has a blast even waiting for something.

I wanted to ride Its a Small World after so we would be done with Fantasy-land but we had to move so we could get to the first Pirate Tutorial. James says I ran ... I walked quickly for even me but Shel was right there with me. We made it over and there was an adorable little boy with a full Jack Sparrow costume on. We waited for a bit and Mack came out and they did their show Mack's Jack Impression was DEAD on and the guy that does Jack was awesome too. He had the mannerisms and the slurred speech and all to a T. At the beginning Mack puts down a rope to kind of draw the stage line for the tutorial he picked Shelby to stand on the rope.

She was thrilled lol. We waited for a bit and Mack came out and they did their show Mack's Jack Impression was DEAD on and the guy that does Jack was awesome too. He had the mannerisms and the slurred speech and all to a T.

We watched the tutorial and the little boy in the costume got picked when it was his turn to fight Mack Jack said for him to fight him. It was great. They picked 10 more kids to take the pirate Oath and Alex got picked. He was so thrilled. Jack even picked up the rope to get him with the rest of the group. Alex loves loves loves POTC so that was so cool for him to get picked.

Here he is saying the oath ... CRT sword in hand lol.

When Jack announces they are part of his crew now he was so happy. The certificate funnily enough was the first thing he was looking for to unpack when we got home and put it directly on his wall.

After it was over I asked Mack if the kids could get a picture and he said yes. To let him put up the cart so he would not lose it and he would be more than happy to. Can I just say Mack is GREAT! He has to be one of the sweetest guys we have run into at WDW. Mack told the kids to make a pirate face which is the first picture.

The second picture Alex pulled his CRT sword on Mack and he just hammed it up it was great. In hind site I should have known what he was going to do you can see that look in Alex's eyes that something is about to happen.

We rode Pirates afterward and then got Peter Pan and Wendy's autographs. They were right outside of the Pirates wheel chair exit. We finally rode Jungle Cruise and Shel was starting to get cranky. I have some wonderful photopass pictures that really show how irritated she was with me. She said I told her that we could go to the pirates store after the ride and in all honesty if I did by the time we were done with Pirates I had forgotten all about it. I said we could and she never reminded me instead just got irritated because we did not stop. We settled her down a bit by going to the main street shops. Then we came back to the room, because it was very obviously time to take a nap lol.

DD had been looking for Art since we got to BC. When we got back to the hotel Art was downstairs and he is so sweet.

He got down and traded with Alex.

He gave Alex a special pin that is you keep one and you give one away. Alex adores Art now to say the very least.

The kids came back to the room and Shelby took a nap along with James. Which they both needed. Alex and I had a snack and relaxed and watched TV.

We left again and went back to the park after 4. We made it back in time for the rain to set in. I actually must say I love MK in the rain. The people all run home and so not as bad crowd wise. We had dinner at CP and we just sat and enjoyed a long meal. I have heard people say that they felt rushed but I must say I did not get that from our waitress. We actually had a problem with Eeyore not coming around (just the way it worked out and problem probably is not the best word to describe it) and I told the waitress I was sorry for continuing to occupy her table waiting on Eeyore and she told us no worries.

James and I got a picture of us and Pooh ... told Pooh it was to go in our bathroom (our bathroom is classic pooh).

It poured most of the time we were at CP so we enjoyed being there to eat.

When we left it had let up a lot but not completely. We got a picture in front of the castle and headed over to It's a Small World. My kids up until now had never rode IASW and I explained to them that everyone has to ride it at least once. I think if I ever try to take them on it again they are going to revolt on me lol. The kids did trade with a pin trader there though. Alex has gotten really into it and it is hysterical because the child by this time in the trip has 4 of the same pins (stitch's head) I asked him in the beginning if he realized it was the same pin and he said yea he liked that one so I just decided not to worry about it. He at least is not trading really cool pins for them lol.

I was shocked how many people were run out of the park because of the rain. Maybe we are tougher than most but I don't see why you can't just throw on a poncho and enjoy the cooler temps? We left and hit future world we went looking for Laugh Factory and found Buzz first. That has to be the cutest! We rode it twice and the kids loved it. Afterward we hit the laugh factory and the kids really liked it and so did we. Next we went to see Stitch again. Kind of funny the guy at Stitch came over to say something to us because he saw a light (think that he thought I was taking pictures) and realized that what was glowing was our shirts lol. Our shirts were Mickey heads and outlined in glow in the dark slick paint. We had planned on going to Spectro but they canceled it because of the rain so we decided to go ahead and call it a night. James reminded me on the way out that we had not road the rail road yet so we tried but it was already closed. It was really nice up there looking across main street at night.

We headed back to the hotel and pretty much passed out.

Tomorrow is AK and EE in the RAIN!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 PM   #21
shaniadobie
Mouseketeer

subscribing !!!

2004 CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT
2005 POP CENTURY
2006 POP CENTURY :
2007 ALL STAR SPORTS :
2009 All STAR MUSIC FAMILY SUITE
2010 POP CENTURY ( GIRLS ONLY TRIP & DD 8th bday)
2011 ( Nov30th / Dec6th) All Star Music
2012 ( Oct) Art of Animation Resort ( girls onl trip # 2 )
Old 08-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #22
Sneezie
I don't like unfinished trip reports. If I wanted to read an unfinished trip report I'd read my own.
It's wonderful being in your 30's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_mckenna View Post
DD: Shelby who is 13 will turn 14 on the trip. She is the typical teenager attitude and all. She loves Disney but for the most part when we are not there acts like it is just OK. Spends way to much time on the phone. The week before the trip got back from New Mexico from a mission trip with the church.
My DD(14) is always excited about our trip to WDW until we get there. Once we're there she starts acting like a butt. This year, I've warned her, if she starts her ungrateful attitude she's going to stay in the room and I'm taking her KTTW Teenagers, can't live with them.... That's all!

I can't wait to hear the rest of your story!

Old 08-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #23
katielou
Earning My Ears

Great trip report so far We just upgraded our Thanksgiving trip to BC. I will love seeing your pics!!!

Beth

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #24
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezie View Post
My DD(14) is always excited about our trip to WDW until we get there. Once we're there she starts acting like a butt. This year, I've warned her, if she starts her ungrateful attitude she's going to stay in the room and I'm taking her KTTW Teenagers, can't live with them.... That's all!

I can't wait to hear the rest of your story!
lol I like that plan. Shel had 2 times where she got in that pain in the butt realm but quickly we snatched her back thankfully. DH and I were talking about what to do with her next trip if she really gets out there and not punish one of us at the same time. We had talked about sending her back to the room as well because she will be 15 almost 16 by next trip but honestly she would like to have a 2 bedroom DVC unit to herself so I can hardly call that punishment for bad behavior lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
Great trip report so far We just upgraded our Thanksgiving trip to BC. I will love seeing your pics!!!

Beth
Will this be your first BC trip? Be sure and look for Art. He has to be the nicest guy ever.

I will add more to the TR probably Monday. We are going looking for houses tomorrow. Hopefully will find something big enough for us all.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #25
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Your trip report is great! You have a beautiful family!

It sounds like your trip was excellent so far...
Old 08-18-2007, 12:59 AM   #26
katielou
Earning My Ears

This will be our first disney trip with our kids. My husband and I went quite some time back before we had them. My kids and even my husband are really excited about BC. We were booked for POR and decided to upgrade when the codes came out. I will love being so close to epcot and mgm.

Is the adoption going through? Hope your house hunting goes well.

anxiously awaiting an update

Beth

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-18-2007, 01:49 AM   #27
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

That is awesome you will love BC. I cannot even begin to put into words how relaxing it is. The pace just seems to slow down there it is WONDERFUL! If you are not staying CL call and get turn down service at night it makes it a bit more magical. I will post some turndown pics monday the kids adored it! What kind of room do you have booked? Trying to think Nov you should still have a good chance of being able to enjoy the pool some. We were at Dolphin in Nov of 06 and DD swam in the Grotto at the Dolphin. I will try and remember to post more things I can remember about the hotel for you.

As far as the adoption are kinda in limbo at this point. Waiting to hear back from the agency that will certify us. We live about an hour and half away from them so there has been talk of us going through someplace closer to us instead of them. We actually have had some changes and hope to try to get all four of the children (they are a sibling group) instead of just the girls. We just have to see what the state will certify us to do ... and a big part of that is our house having to be big enough for everyone. If all works out we will be their foster parents by Christmas and adoptive parents by the next Christmas. Going through CPS is a long process. Which I wish it were quicker but honestly would not have it any other way. At least they make sure you are sure about the choice you are making. :
Old 08-18-2007, 02:44 AM   #28
katielou
Earning My Ears

Well I cant sleep either so what is better than being on the dis. My husband has told me " You will know everything about Disney by the time we go as much as you are on the dis" It is alittle addicting.
We are staying in a standard room but have read that we can request turndown service. My kids will like that. I am really hoping that the pool will be warm enough to swim in. It looks wonderful .
I noticed you are in Texas. What town. We live in Houston. Watching the weather this weekend. Hopefully the hurricane wont decide to come our way. Last time we evacuated to Austin. 22 hours later and power cord to the tv forgotten at home we were a little cranky to say the least.

beth

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #29
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
Your trip report is great! You have a beautiful family!

It sounds like your trip was excellent so far...
Thanks Are you guys going for MNSSHP when you go in Oct? I want to make it there so badly lol I just have to geth DH to agree to a short trip to do it! Hoping within the next 2 years we can do it. My favorite holiday is Halloween would be so cool to combine it with being at DISNEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
We are staying in a standard room but have read that we can request turndown service.
I know what you mean about not sleeping lol. I did way to much research online before we left for this trip.
We were in a standard room as well but were extremely happy with our view. Honestly if you can request it it was surprisingly quiet being with a view of the lobby entrance. Plus as standard views go I thought ours was very nice.
Yes I did not realize you were from Texas as well. I used to live in Victoria so not to far from Houston. My youngest spent some time in Texas Childrens in Houston ... wonderful people there. We now live in North East Texas near Tyler if you know where that is lol.
They are telling us up here to fill up in case of the evacuation. I guess so we have gas? I have never heard them say that though thought it was a bit strange. Course I heard that from a friend too that told me about it lol. I hope you don't have to evacuate.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #30
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_mckenna View Post
Thanks Are you guys going for MNSSHP when you go in Oct? I want to make it there so badly lol I just have to geth DH to agree to a short trip to do it! Hoping within the next 2 years we can do it. My favorite holiday is Halloween would be so cool to combine it with being at DISNEY!
We are definitely going to MNSSHP! I also LOVE Halloween and I think it's fabulous that we'll be at Disney World in Halloween costumes. I haven't been to MNSSHP before, but I have heard wonderful things about it. So you should definitely try to go!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: