Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2007, 10:54 AM   #91
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Thanks for the postcard. But I got in trouble. My son said "why do you keep giving people on the internet our address"?? I PREACH this stuff when they are online, so I guess I deserved it. But really, it said it was from Mickey right??
You know, it's funny because Lumar said the same thing to me when I requested the FGM cards a few weeks back. Don't these men understand that this is the DIS?? We're all crazy but we all have the same goal: to be in WDW!

Quote:
When are you going??
Right now we are looking at March and again in October but I told him last night that I really want to move out of my parents house and into our own place before the end of next summer so we may be scaling this back to March only, since we already have a confirmed trip with my parents to Aruba in July. We just don't have that kind of money for three vacations!

DinDin: CSR was GORGEOUS and we have both decided to try and stay there as often as possible for all future trips. The Pepper Market was a bit confusing at first but I'll get into it later in the report.

Hedy: I love Planet Hollywood too! I don't understand why so many people hate it but oh well! More for me and you!
Old 10-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #92
Marion
Go Blue Jays!!
There's nothing I love better than seeing a man with a broom and yelling SWEEP! at him

Welcome home! That's so cool... we were actually in the same building as you guys This was our home from Oct 3-11...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2007, 01:19 PM   #93
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Welcome home! That's so cool... we were actually in the same building as you guys This was our home from Oct 3-11...

Howdy neighbor! Wasn't is beautiful there? I loved it! Lumar and I were discussing our next trip, possibly in March and we priced it out... To stay at CSR is like $700 more than to stay at a value but I think I've been spoiled... I dread going back to values now! They are so noisy and chaotic compared to CSR!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #94
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Chapter 2; Part 1: MGM Day 1 - Added 10/17

No more bagels, Erika's first ToT & RnRc ride, and Mike gets a freebie

We woke up on Saturday morning to one of the worst things you can see on a Disney vacation....RAIN! The wake up call came at 7:30 but clearly I was NOT getting up that early so I went back to sleep and got up at 8:05. Since The Lumar tends to take a while getting ready, I made him get up and take a shower and when he got out at 8:20 I called over to Mike & Erika's room to get them up.

We left for MGM right around 9am and got to ride on one of the newer Disney buses. There seemed to be more room in the aisle and the seats were new and cushioned - really nice! It wasn't raining anymore but it was foggy and getting very humid. When we got to MGM I took this picture on the way in:

Ok so there is that little cart right outside the main entrance and of course we had to stop to play! Here is Erika doing her best Nicole Richie impression:

And here are Mike & Lumar being ridiculous... yes Mike has on the Minnie Ears:

Ok so we go over to RnRc to get FP's and they have a return time of 11:35-12:35. We are greatful for this because it gives us enough time to eat breakfast. So we head back to Starring Rolls, which is jam packed (as usual) and (as usual) they are out of bagels. Well, of course, we were all looking forward to getting bagels. So now Mike is frustrated, Erika keeps looking at me like I'm an idiot for coming here for breakfast, and Lumar is thisclose to having a meltdown because he "doesn't like anything else." I asked one of the girls behind the counter if they were making anymore and she said no. So I do what I do best and make lemonade with my lemons. I grab a tray and head to the back of the hut/shanty that they should totally refurb and make bigger, and I grab a cinnamon bun, an apple danish, and an orange juice. Mike follows suit and grabs a croissant, a chocolate chip cookie, and a cinnamon bun. Erika happened to see the food that was in the refrigerated case and decides she is going to get a croissant and the salmon platter. Lumar is still complaining that there aren't any bagels, but Mike and Erika convinced him to get a croissant and get it toasted. So I go up and pay for my stuff, then go outside to get us a table. Mike comes out a few minutes later with his tray, follow shortly after by Lumar. Erika is still inside trying to get to the toaster so she can toast the three croissants. She finally comes out...without butter or jelly. So I tell her to sit and I went in to get some packets. Finally, we were all sitting down prepared to enjoy our meal!

About halfway through, Mike gets this very thoughtful expression on his face and says "yeah, I think I got this cookie for free..." He lifts up the plate with his cinnamon bun on it and there, underneath, is the cookie. Lumar tells him that's impossible, the CM's are trained to look for that kind of stuff. But he pulls out his receipt and sure enough, he got the cookie for free! Here he is exhibiting the offending cinnamon bun:

So after we ate, we headed over to ToT. The sign said 30 minute wait so the guys went and got in line and Erika and I stood in line at the ice cream cart to get bottles of water. The line ended up being more like 15 minutes, which is always a welcome surprise. But I was able to take this great picture of ToT…it’s become my favorite picture from this trip (so far).

This is the ride picture from Erika’s first ever ToT ride. It’s blurry because I had to take a picture of the picture but you get the idea:

I swear, I hate going on that thing in the daytime! The sun always blinds me when the doors open!

After our ride, we still had some time before we could back to RnRc so we hung around in the gift shop. Lumar found some pins he wanted to trade for and Erika found a My-Size Jack Skellington:

No, that Jack is not abnormally tall, Erika is just a bit on the short side. Mike and Lumar picked on her during the whole trip, lining her up to the measuring bar at each ride to make sure she was tall enough.

We returned to RnRc and found that the addition of the single rider line changed the whole layout of the queue. And when we got off the ride, the first thing Erika said to me was “I wasn’t expecting it to go that fast!” Then I took this ridiculous picture of her and The Lumar:

Then we went outside and took this ridiculous picture:

If that is not the most feeble attempt at an air guitar, on my part, I don’t know what is. I thought I did better than that, but I guess not. We didn’t buy our ride picture because Mike put his arms up and blocked Lumar’s face so we decided to wait and get the next one.

Last edited by Simba22; 11-19-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:03 PM   #95
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

How much was the Jack Skelleton?
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 10-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #96
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
lol i have no idea i didn't look! I'll see if Mike or Erika noticed and let you know!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #97
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Erika said she thinks it was about $30 but she can't remember for sure
Old 10-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #98
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Chapter 2; Part 2: MGM Day 1 - Added 10/18

"No Beauty & the Beast, No Dinner, and the Mess at the Pepper Market"

There was a showing of Beauty & the Beast at 1:45 and we all wanted to go see it because we never got it on any of our other trips. We left the RnRC gift shop at about 12pm and walked through Villains in Vogue and a bunch of other stores and somehow ended up in front of the hat.

It was about 12:30 when we got there and I suggested we ride the GMR. Well, they changed the queue for this too and the line was much longer than we anticipated but by the time we got inside where the movie screen is, it was like the point of no return so we just waited. I know everyone keeps saying this but it seems to generate action when I mention things in my Trip Reports so I’ll say it again: This ride seriously needs to be updated! The CM’s aren’t even into it anymore! The CM that played the gangster that took over our car SO seemed like she had better things to be doing. It’s just not fun anymore, for any of the parties involved. And what makes it even worse is that waiting in this line caused us to miss Beauty & the Beast, because we didn’t get out of there until 1:30. So we went over to Star Tours and saw the end of the Jedi Training Academy. SOOO CUTE!! Even if you don’t have kids, you should watch this show. It’s not as good as the Pirate Tutorial (obviously since Captain Jack isn’t in it!) but watching the kids get so pumped up to fight Darth Vader is adorable.

Star Tours was great as always. It was Erika’s first ride and she really enjoyed it to! For those that read my December TR, you’ll be happy to know that I did not get hit on by any CMs this time! Here we have a rare picture of “Casual Friday aboard the Death Star” (even though it was Saturday and we were not on the Death Star):

So after Star Tours we went and had lunch at Pizza Planet and then went to see Muppets 3-D. We were planning to go see Indiana Jones but we missed it because we took longer at lunch then we anticipated. So we went over to Streets of America for the 4:30 LMA show (it was 10 after 4 when we got there) but of course, The Power Rangers were coming out for a meet & greet at 4:15 and we all know that The Lumar can’t live without the Power Rangers in his life. So we skipped LMA to stand in line and meet the Red Ranger:

Again, a little less enthusiasm on my part than I thought but it’s not as bad as the air guitar. My problem is that I am easily embarrassed so when I think I’m doing something that makes me look stupid, I feel like EVERYONE is staring at me. But in reality, I end up looking dumb because I’m not as into it as everyone else. Maybe I should start drinking something with a bit more “kick” on my Disney Trips to relax me….

Ok so after meeting the Red Ranger (and yes, I know which specific season of Power Rangers he is from…) we went over to the Pink Ranger (and yes I know what season she was from too) but she had to go when we were next in line so we didn’t get to meet her. It was about 4:45 and since our dinner ressie wasn’t until 6:40, I asked if anyone wanted to do the backlot tour. Mike was being grumpy and said no so we went to Voyage of the Little Mermaid instead. Lumar and I never got to do this before either so we were excited to be doing something new. It was good but Erika (who’s favorite Princess is Ariel) was highly upset by the fact that “Ariel” messed up the words to “Part of Your World.” She got one word wrong and it was to the point where Erika was going to cry because she was so upset. Maybe I wasn’t that far off when I titled her “The Drama Queen??” Oh and some guy decided halfway through the show, that he didn’t want to be there anymore so he got up and walked across our row, firmly stepping on my toes as he passed me. HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS DID THAT HURT! I seriously thought he broke my toes. Of course I was wearing my Crocs Capris today, and not the Disney ones so my toes were fully exposed.

After VotLM we went through the Animation Studio and drew Donald Duck. This is my drawing:

Lumar’s:

Mike’s:

And Erika’s:

After Mike’s rendition of Stitch from our trip last May, I was really surprised at how well he did on Donald!

Ok so after drawing we headed over to Mama Melrose’s for dinner at 6:40pm. We got all the way there and I turned to everyone and said “is anyone actually hungry right now?” The consensus was “no” since we just ate pizza like 3 hours ago so we skipped dinner. I was really upset because I was looking forward to eating at a new place, but it saved us a TS credit which we would be able to use later in the week for the last minute Crystal Palace ressie I made before we left. So since it was about to be 7pm and Fantasmic was at 8pm, I suggested that we run, not walk, back to the theater and get in line. Well, of course, we all wanted ice cream so we stand in line at Hollywood Scoops. The woman in front me is ordering 3 things and has to be picky about all of them. So it took us almost 15 minutes from the time we got in line until we finally paid for everything. By then, they had already started letting people into the theater and by the time we got to the top of the walkway, the WHOLE center of the theater was packed. So we ended up sitting to the right, in front of one of those giant poles, I might add. And not only was my ice cream melting faster than I could eat it, but there was this little girl sitting behind me who was very cute except for the fact that she kept grabbing my shirt and leaning on my back and then screeching at the top of her lungs every time she threw her bottle of juice at me and it landed on the ground under the bench in front of me. So then when the show started, I realized that we were right in the middle of two water screens and because of the angle we were at, it was nearly impossible to watch them. But it was still great to be able to watch it again and I cried, of course. So did Erika... and Lumar and Mike try to pretend that they didn’t cry but they’re liars.

After Fantasmic, we headed back to CSR and we were going to go swimming but now Mike and Lumar decide that they’re hungry (seriously, can we get a little smiley icon of one smiley punching another smiley over and over again in the head?? Cuz that's the one I'd use here!). So we went down to El Centro to the Pepper Market. I brought my FGM list so on the way out I could stop at the gift shop and pick up postcards. I had read up on how the system at the Pepper Market works (on the DIS of course) so I was pretty sure I knew what I was doing. When you walk in, there is a CM standing there, waiting to give you “order cards.” You can ask to be seated, or tell them that you want your food to go, and they will give you a “To Go” card instead. I told the CM that we wanted to take our food to go. But clearly he was either deaf, or didn’t speak English because he gave us utensils and sat us at a table…which actually turned out better than I thought because Mike, Lumar, and Erika all ended up getting actual meals. I got a ham & cheese sandwich. This is where I got really upset though. We all got up to go get food and when we came back, all of our utensils were gone and the menus were gone. Apparently the server thought we left so she cleaned off the table, throwing away my list of people who I was supposed to be sending Fairy-Godmailer Cards too! I went to the guy at the front and told him that our table got cleaned off while we were getting food, and he took me over to the server for our area. She claimed that she didn’t clean off the table. So, basically, they told me “sorry, nothing we can do about your list.” And of course, I only had one copy of it so that night I borrowed Mike’s laptop and came online to the DIS to see if I could find the people who were expecting postcards from me. There were only two (besides you, Nikki!) and neither of them responded all week so unfortunately, they are not getting postcards. I was so upset! I hooked up to the internet everyday (at $9.95 per 24 hours) to see if they responded to me but they never did. If either of those two people read this: I’m so sorry!

We headed back up to the room and by the time we got there it was 10 after 12 so we couldn’t go swimming because the pool closed at midnight but it was OK because we were all tired and ready for bed. Breakfast at Ohana in the morning!

Last edited by Simba22; 11-19-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:27 AM   #99
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
For those that read my December TR, you’ll be happy to know that I did not get hit on by any CMs this time!

Hey, it's fun to get hit one once in a while, keeps us feeling pretty!!

Quote:
Again, a little less enthusiasm on my part than I thought but it’s not as bad as the air guitar. My problem is that I am easily embarrassed so when I think I’m doing something that makes me look stupid, I feel like EVERYONE is staring at me. But in reality, I end up looking dumb because I’m not as into it as everyone else. Maybe I should start drinking something with a bit more “kick” on my Disney Trips to relax me….

I'm the same way. I are really going to try to let loose a bit more on this trip. I figure, those people will never see me again!

Quote:
HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS DID THAT HURT! I seriously thought he broke my toes. Of course I was wearing my Crocs Capris today, and not the Disney ones so my toes were fully exposed.
You didn't kick him in the butt after he did it? Oh man, I don't think I could have let him get away. (I'm just a pretend toughguy!)

Quote:
There were only two (besides you, Nikki!) and neither of them responded all week so unfortunately, they are not getting postcards. I was so upset! I hooked up to the internet everyday (at $9.95 per 24 hours) to see if they responded to me but they never did.

Got it and Loved it! Thanks so much for taking time from your trip to do it! It sure made my day.

I sure hope your week got better. You were so excited about going!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:04 AM   #100
DinDin233
Mouseketeer

Loving your report so far!!!

Your pictures are awesome!!! I LOVE the Power Rangers pictures....

Reading your trip report and seeing the pictures is making me want to be there RIGHT NOW!!!!

I'm a little leery of Pepper Market....I can't believe they threw out all your stuff while you guys were looking for food! Hope the experience there gets better!

I can't wait for more and I am so happy that you guys had an awesome time!
Old 10-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #101
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, it's fun to get hit one once in a while, keeps us feeling pretty!!
Well in that case last year it was a woman, and I don't think she was hitting on me, but Lumar seemed to think so....

Quote:
I'm the same way. I are really going to try to let loose a bit more on this trip. I figure, those people will never see me again!
Yeah I need to really learn to cut loose! I'm too worried that I'll end up in some other DISers pics looking like a moron on the "Pictures titled '***' thread"

Quote:
You didn't kick him in the butt after he did it? Oh man, I don't think I could have let him get away. (I'm just a pretend toughguy!)
No because my foot hurt too badly to stand! JK - he was carrying a baby so I'm assuming that he was taking her out of theater before she started crying and disrupting everyone, so he is forgiven but it still hurt really bad!

Quote:
Got it and Loved it! Thanks so much for taking time from your trip to do it! It sure made my day.
Yay! I'm glad you liked it! Mickey told me he is very excited that you are coming to see him again!

Quote:
I sure hope your week got better. You were so excited about going!
It gets better and we did have a great time all around, jsut certain things happened each day that really bugged me! You'll see what I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dindin233
Loving your report so far!!!
Your pictures are awesome!!! I LOVE the Power Rangers pictures....
Reading your trip report and seeing the pictures is making me want to be there RIGHT NOW!!!!
I'm a little leery of Pepper Market....I can't believe they threw out all your stuff while you guys were looking for food! Hope the experience there gets better!
I can't wait for more and I am so happy that you guys had an awesome time!
I'm glad you like my pictures so far! My camera was acting up a bit and some pictures that I took didn't come out as good as I hoped they did but for the most part, I did OK! And I was kind of upset because a lot of the photopass pictures came out blurry or with lights streaking across the pictures...but almost every night that we were there, photographers were complaining that their camera's were down so there must have been some kind of glitch with all of their gear. 99% of the pics came out good though, so I'm not too worried!

Don't be afraid of the Pepper Market! Once we got past that first night it was a breeze! The set up is a little stupid....like they have all the food counters crammed into the back of the place and this one little aisle that they expect people to walk in and wait in line in...so it was a bit cramped at times. One thing to remember though: Once you tell them you want your food "To Go" you have to tell the CM at the podium if you changed your mind, you can't just go and sit! We got yelled at by the manager one day for that! lol

I'll have more for you guys tonight!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #102
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Chapter 3; Part 1: Magic Kingdom Day 1

Stitch’s Bodily Functions, Attack Ducks, and Mike Gets Another Freebie

I woke up at ten after 7, and got in the shower…was out by 7:30 and at that point I woke up Mike, Erika, & Lumar. At 7:50, Mike & Erika were still sleeping. I knocked on the door that joins our rooms and woke them up again. We had breakfast reservations at Ohana for 9:20 and since we already skipped out on one reservation, I was not about to miss another one…especially Ohana!

We left CSR at 8:35am, which was 5 minutes later than I wanted to but I was trying really hard to not be a Commando Planner on this trip so I didn’t say anything. By the time we actually got on a bus and arrived at MK it was 9am and then by the time we caught the monorail and actually made it the Poly, it was exactly 9:20. Well, now we have to wait in line to check in and for some reason the line for this is always really slow.

After check in, we went and had the photographer take a picture for us, then we went and sat down in the lobby. Mike and Erika went to check out the gift shop and Lumar, of course, ends up taking a nap. At 10am we were still waiting to be called and we were all starving, plus I tend to get really aggravated at small things when I’m hungry. I could feel an explosion coming on (all because Lumar put his feet up on the table in front of his chair) and I knew I had to eat ASAP. So I go up the podium and asked the CM how much longer the wait was. She pulled up our name in the computer and goes “Oh my goodness! You’ve been waiting 36 minutes!” YEAH! NO KIDDING! If this was any place but Disney, I wouldn’t have been able to control my sarcasm. She said there was only one more family ahead of us and as I was walking back to my chair, that family was called so within 5 minutes of that, we were being led to our table.

The food was SO good! I swear, I love this place! And Mike even liked the juice and he claims to “hate orange juice.” We all had a good time and a good meal, and had fun meeting Lilo & Stitch. When Stitch cam and stood next to me and Erika, he was making “raspberry” noises and I asked him if he farted (joking of course), and he shook his head. So to keep playing along I was like “Eww! Stitch farted!” and that’s when Lumar snapped the picture so that is why I look completely disgusted here:

By the time Mickey and Pluto made their way around to our side, we were already done eating so we didn’t stay to wait for them. The CM came by with our picture but I didn’t like the way I looked and $31 is a lot of money for a package that includes a bunch of wallet size pictures that I don’t want, so we skipped it. We headed back outside and caught the monorail back to MK, arriving about 11:15am. Lumar took this picture while I was waiting in the bag check line, and he did such a good job, I had to share it:

And we stopped to take a picture for the Photopass:

We headed over to Adventureland, where I thought I was going to get FP’s for PotC. So while Mike, Erika, and Lumar were all distracted by Captain Jack’s pirate tutorial, I went in search of a FP machine, only to find out from a CM that there are no FP’s for Pirates yet. So I went back to watch the rest of the tutorial (When Captain Jack asked for more volunteers, Erika raised her hand and he looked at her, smiled, and said “I’m saving you for port….”) then it began to DOWNPOUR just as the show ended and everyone and their mother ran into the Pirates queue. Thankfully the line moves quickly and we only waited about 15 minutes to get on. Within 5 minutes of being line, the sun all of the sudden appeared again as if it wasn’t just raining a second ago. Lumar said that he thinks that Disney has learned to control the weather and they make it rain at the end of the tutorial so that Captain Jack can make his getaway without being attacked by all of the “crazy women.” That was pretty funny until I realized that he was including me and my sister in that description….

Our ride on Pirates was fun but I HATE PEOPLE WHO USE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY WHEN THEY AREN’T SUPPOSED TO!! I really wish that Disney would be more strict about this rule! It’s dark in there and every time someone flashes their stupid camera it nearly blinds everyone else! Stop being so selfish and ignorant! The rules says “no flash photography!” Not, “no flash photography unless you think you are better than everyone else!”

Ok I’m done ranting. So after Pirates we went to Splash to get FP’s, which had a return time of 2:15-3:15pm. It was only about quarter to 1 so we had a while to wait and we couldn’t get new FP’s until 2:30pm, so we went back to Main Street to hit up Casey’s for lunch. Can someone explain why my DBF is such a tool, and paid CASH for our lunch? HELLO?? We had NINE counter service credits to use this week! Of course I did the one thing I should never do and that’s leave him and my brother in charge. But if I stayed to order the food, no one would have gone to find us a table. And it was “Brazil Week” while we were there and there were neon green shirts everywhere, stalking guests, ready to pounce as soon as a chair became available. So I went over to the Noodle Station place (I can never remember the name) and found us a nice table down by the water. This is the part where I’m supposed to show you my first video with my new camcorder but I don’t have a cable for it yet so I can’t hook it up the computer so you’ll have to use your imagination. I was sitting at the table alone, waiting for the others to come with our food. There was a mom and her son sitting at another table near me, and there were these two ducks that were standing there begging for food. They keep standing on their tiptoes to try and reach the food out of the kids hand (he was giving it to them, they weren’t stealing!) So I was taking some pictures:

So Mike, Erika, and Lumar come back and sure enough, shortly afterwards the ducks migrate over to our table. Well, the male (the one with the green head) is standing over between me and Mike and he’s actually JUMPING off the ground to grab pieces of bread out of Mike’s hand. So the female (the brown one) is on the other side standing between Lumar and Erika. Lumar gives her a couple fries and then goes on eating his food. The next thing I know, he jumps so hard the whole table shook, and he yells “OW!” The duck pecked his leg to get his attention! I quickly gave Erika the camera and about 30 seconds later, the duck did it again! It is the funniest thing in the world to watch! I’m hoping to get that cable tomorrow or Sunday so I’ll be able to upload my videos so you can see this.

After lunch we went into Tomorrowland and rode Stitch’s Great Escape and by the time we got off of that it was just after 2:30 so we went to get FP’s for Space and then went all the way back to Frontierland to ride Splash. I love that ride and it was really humid this day so getting wet was kind of nice…except that Lumar and I were in the front row and I got sprayed directly in the face on the drop! It was like someone put me in front of a fire hydrant and kicked the cap off! And was my makeup water-proof? NO! Somehow I managed to keep myself from looking totally beasty but I was NOT expecting that! I’ve never been hit with water like that before! Mike’s eyes were closed when the flash went off so we didn’t buy the ride photo.

Our return time for Space wasn’t until 6:15pm so we waited in line for HM. The changes they made earlier this year are awesome! While we were waiting in line to get on, there was a woman standing behind us who told us that they closed down Pirates around 1pm and they said it would be closed for the rest of the day. I never found out why they closed it but I was glad that we got on when we did!

Next we went through Fantasyland and of course I had to stop at Mrs. Potts for ice cream! I stood in line while Lumar went to find a table, and Mike & Erika went over to the pretzel cart. When I met up with them Erika was laughing and said the funniest thing just happened. She goes on to tell me that Mike went up to cart and said he wanted a pretzel and was going to use his snack credit. The CM said that their card machine wasn’t working and they were only taking cash. Mike was obviously a little disappointed but he said “are there any other pretzel carts around here that take cards?” The CM looked at him and with no emotion in her voice said “do you want it salted?” Mike was confused and was like “what?” So the CM repeated “do you want your pretzel salted?” Mike was like “uhh… yeah…” So the CM turns around, takes out a salted pretzel, hands it to Mike and again, with no emotion at all goes “have a magical day.” Erika said Mike just stood there thinking it was a joke or something and then the CM called the next person in line, so he left. And then when he saw my ice cream he decided he wanted that instead so he gave the pretzel to Erika and used his snack credit to get ice cream. This was much more worth it, in my opinion, since the pretzel is like $2 and the ice cream was like $6 because he had to get the Super Duper Jumbo Brownie Explosion Thing. Some people just have all the luck!

Last edited by Simba22; 11-19-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #103
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Chapter 3; Part 2: Magic Kingdom - Day 1

RWI’s, Dinner at Tony’s, and Injury # 2

(I apologize in advance because I just realized that after the first part of the day, I stopped taking pictures so this one is lacking. I’ll make up for it, I promise!)

After ice cream, we went back into Tomorrowland but we still had over an hour before our return time for Space Mountain. We on TTA (which I love) and then we stood in line for the Astro Orbiter which none of us had ever done before. The wait was half an hour and the line moves really slow. But we finally made it up to the top and we were the first people in line on the platform on the right hand side. The people from the left side loaded and the CM went to start it up and it wouldn’t start! She tried like 5 times and it just wasn’t happening. Then a new CM came up to take over for her, and she told him that it wasn’t working. He tried it twice and it didn’t work so then he had to reboot the system or the something which took like 5 minutes. After that, it worked OK, I was getting a little upset though that we waited for ½ and hour and then when we were next in line it almost shut down! But we got on OK and it was very cool but I started to get a little dizzy!

Next we did Carousel of Progress which Mike and Erika had never done before. Apparently there were some people in other parts of the theater who did not understand the concept of “REMAIN SEATED” so a CM had to keep coming over the loudspeaker to tell them to sit down, and it even delayed the rotation a couple of times so we started watching the 2nd scene again, and then we arrived late at the last two scenes so we missed the beginning of each of those. I told Erika when we got off that I have never had so many issues with rides while at Disney (first there was Pirates that got closed, then the Astro Orbiter, and now CoP). When we were finished with CoP, it was 6:25 so we headed into Space and with our FP’s we got all the way to the top where the CM diverts you either to the left or the right. He sent us to the right side and all of the sudde, the lights come on and they start talking about technical difficulties. We waited for 15 minutes but nothing was happening and then they finally made everyone that was already seated get off. And since our dinner ressie for Tony’s was at 6:55, we couldn’t wait any longer so we left the line. Apparently they were closing the ride anyway, because on our way out we got free FP’s for any MK ride that were valid until October 31. We were bummed that we couldn’t ride but at least they gave us those FP’s! So that officially made 4 “RWI’s” or “Rides With Issues” today….

We arrived at Tony’s and I went and put our name in. There was a family of 6 that was there waiting and they were called up just as we arrived. Their server told them they were getting outdoor seating and they all started having a hissy fit about it! The Manager came over and said that she could get them an indoor table but it would be another 15 minutes. They gave her a huge attitude and said they weren’t waiting any longer then left. I told her we would gladly take outdoor seating but she didn’t write it down anywhere so obviously, she didn’t really care. So I turn around to go sit back down and all of the sudden Erika collapses and starts crying hysterically! We were all like “what’s wrong??” Apparently, every so often, she gets a really sharp pain, almost like a cramp, in her left leg. She said normally it only lasts about a second and then it goes away and it happens randomly so she doesn’t know what causes it. Well this one last all though dinner and for the majority of the night. When they called us to our table, the CM saw that she was in pain and asked if there was anything she could do. Erika asked her for a bag of ice. The CM brought her ice, wrapped in a cloth napkin, so within 10 minutes the ice was almost completely melted and now not only was the seat wet, but so was the back of Erika’s skirt.

I have to say that we were all disappointed with Tony’s. I know that a lot of people on the DIS would say “I told you so,” but we always like to try things for ourselves and normally we end up liking the food (like at Planet Hollywood, and Nine Dragons). Tony’s has a limited menu (I think there were 6 entrée items to choose from and I only remember 4: NY Strip Steak, Spaghetti and meatballs, Porkchops, and Salmon. Erika and I both got the NY Strip. They were cooked beautifully – very juicy and exactly to order, but they don’t offer you steak sauce, or ketchup or anything to go with it and our server was MIA for the majority of the meal. So if we waited for him to come back to ask for steak sauce, our food would have been cold by the time we got around to eating it. Mike and Lumar got the spaghetti. Both said that it was very dry and needed more sauce, but they both said that the sauce wasn’t that good anyway. We did order the Spinach Dip for an appetizer and that was fantastic! We all had gelato for desert and it was good but I feel like I would have rather gotten regular old ice cream instead, you know? So we probably won’t be returning to Tony’s anytime soon. We will probably try the Plaza Restaurant next time we go.

So after dinner, they were showing Wishes and SpectroMagic, even though they originally were not planning to. But Erika’s leg was still hurting her and we knew we were coming back to MK for the Halloween Party, and again next Saturday before we left so we would have another chance to watch both of those and do some of the other stuff we missed.

We got back to CSR around 8:45. Here is Mike carrying Erika through the parking lot:

They went down to the Dig Site so Erika could sit in the hot tub for a while. Lumar and I went down to Panchito’s to pick up the stuff we had shipped over from MGM, and then we headed upstairs again to watch TV before going to sleep.

AK tomorrow!

Last edited by Simba22; 11-19-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:00 AM   #104
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Wow, 4 rides?? Sheesh. What a bummer.

I thought about Tonys, only for watching Spetromagic though. It would be nice to not fight anyone for seats on the sidewalks. I didn't like the menu though.

Poor Erika. Does it happen more when she walks alot?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 AM   #105
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Poor Erika. Does it happen more when she walks alot?
Nope, it's completely random. She said sometimes she gets up and walks 5 steps. But it doesn't happen everyday... We were thinking maybe it's a pinched nerve or something... You can see the water on the back of her skirt in the pic I posted of Mike carrying her. Imagine sitting through dinner and then the bus ride back to resort in wet denim? So uncomfortable...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: