Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #46
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
It'll be alright!!
They gotta let him have it right? How long has he been gone? Don't worry, it'll come together.
But you can give him a little punch in the arm for not tellling you that VERY IMPORTANT bit of information.
Go ahead~~it might make you feel a touch better!!
I am praying that it does, even though in my heart I believe it will all be OK, it is still my duty to panic!

And I would punch him the arm but I learned YEARS AGO that he punches back...and it hurts lol Hey, what are baby brothers for?
Old 09-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #47
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Video from Mike's Homecoming!

Hey guys! Since I didn't get a video of Mike's homecoming, here is the news story! You will see Mike, my sister Steph, and Erika getting interviewed and there is also a quick shot of Mike getting off the bus, and my family waiting for him. Obviously I wasn't there because I had to work Not sure how long this video will be up for but here is the link:

WWLP News
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2007, 08:27 PM   #48
Simba22
DIS Veteran

OK - so Mike has officially been home for 3 full days. I am (still) in panic mode about the fact that he has not even been approved for our vacation week off yet, but I am remaining positive and trying not to think about it. I made our packing lists today and told Erika to make sure she comes with me next Thursday to get a manicure and pedicure (this is almost as exciting as the trip itself!)
I have been on the Disboards practically all day, waiting for some postcard requests but besides Nikki, I only got one so far from the Paying it Forward board. I guess no one wants some pixiedust!

This is how Mike and Lumar celebrate being only 12 days away from our trip:

Yeah...playing video games! Welcome back to the U.S. Mike! The sad part is that for 7 months while he was away, he actually got to play video games over there on his time off, so it's not like he's been missing out on it or anything....meanwhile, Erika is downstairs sleeping already.... What a bunch of bums!!

Last edited by Simba22; 11-19-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:39 AM   #49
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing the video. I love to see families reunite after being away from each other for so long.

HE STILL DOESN'T KNOW??? How long does it take to get an answer? Alright, I'd be panicking now too. Tell him he doesn't have time to be playing video games, he needs to be bakin cookies, cakes, whatever to kiss up to the guy/gal that approves the vacation!!

10 days!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 07:56 AM   #50
addictedxloser
Earning My Ears

yay good trip report. cant wait to read more. hopefully he gets approved for the vacation
Old 09-25-2007, 01:18 PM   #51
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedxloser View Post
yay good trip report. cant wait to read more. hopefully he gets approved for the vacation
Thanks for joining me! Yeah he is going back to his base tomorrow and putting in his request.... I'm praying really hard that he gets approved but he must know something I don't because he is not even worried about this in the least MEN!!!! I'm agreeing with Nikki though, and he should absitively, posolutely be baking cookies to use as a bribing tool
Old 09-26-2007, 10:27 AM   #52
Simba22
DIS Veteran

SEE MY TICKER!!

I'll post an official Single Digits Update tonight after work!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #53
DinDin233
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
SEE MY TICKER!!

I'll post an official Single Digits Update tonight after work!
9 DAYS!!!!

That deserves three dancing bananas!

You have to let me know how CSR is!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #54
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Pre Trip Report Part 11 - Added 9/26

Howdy everyone! Welcome to the 2nd to last installment of my Pre-Trip! My ticker says we have 9 days to go, but since it's 8:16pm that means the day is over and there are now only 8 days to go!

While I was working today, I couldn't stop stressing over how rushed my day is going to be next Thursday. I have to work from 11-4:30, then rush to meet my friend about 15 minutes away to quickly give her a Happy Birthday Cheesecake (home-made, of course) and card, and then come home, pick up Erika and head to the nail salon for mani's & pedi's.
OK, time for a flashback/backstory and this might seem like it has nothing to do with my mani/pedi but I assure you, it does: For those that did not read my December TR, I have two fur-babies, Alex & Scout. They are bunnies:

Scout is the gray one (and her eyes are blue, BTW, I just didn't feel like editing out the red-eye), Alex is the tan one (obviously since that's the only other option). Since no one in my family will take care of them for me when I go away, I bring them to my friend Brandee's house and she takes care of them while I'm gone. Now bunnies are more comparable to horses and elephants than any other animal because of their breathing patterns and digestinal tract. SOO, taking care of a rabbit is NOT like taking care of a hamster or guinea pig. They live in a pen thats about 6 ft x 8 ft. They have two litter boxes (yes, rabbits can be litter box trained!), a water bowl, a food bowl for pellets, and a food bowl for vegetables, and a 20lb box of hay. All of this crap has to go with them when they travel (except for one litter box which they need to deal with). It takes me approximately 20 minutes to get all their junk packed into my tiny little car (by myself I might add since Lumar always ends up working the night before we leave) and that includes running around like an idiot trying to catch them to put them in the carrier. I assure you, that is quite a workout....

Maybe I will leave the video camera unpacked until after I get this task done so I can show you how much it sucks. Ok so now that they are all packed, I have to drive 15 minutes to Brandee's house, and then carry all of this crap inside and help her set it up. That's another 20 minutes (assuming that I don't let her convince me to stick around and BS with her for a while). Now I have to drive 15 minutes back home, where I have to get the shop vac out of the garage, and lug it up a flight and a half of stairs because I can't leave for vacation with rabbit fur, hay, and turds everywhere (yes they're litter box trained but they're not PERFECT!)

OK so here is where I tie this into my mani/pedi. In December, I got out of work at 5:30 on Thursday night and went right to the nail salon....I got stuck with "Slow Lady" who took an hour and half to do my nails. By the time I got out of there, they should have been closed for 25 minutes. So then I had to rush to the store to get bunny food, then rush home and pack the bunnies, then rush to Brandee's, then rush home and START packing.

And all of this occurred the night before we left for Disney. This time, I am going to be managing my time just a teensy bit better and I will be dropping the bunnies off at Brandee's either on Wednesday night, or Thursday morning before work.

Ok so back to the mani/pedi. I was actually thinking about calling and making appointments for me and Erika, just to be sure that I don't get Slow Lady again...maybe I will do that...good idea Al! It's usually really slow on Wednesdays at my job (and I work from home) so I am going to try and get as much stuff packed on Wednesday as I possibly can. I will have Erika pack her stuff too, and then we just have Lumar and Mike's stuff to worry about on Thursday. Mike can do his own packing, so I'm not worried about that, but I have to pack Lumar's stuff because he just can't grasp the concept of FOLDING clothes....he just rolls everything into a ball and tosses it in. We can't have this. So I'll pack for him on Thursday while working.

Speaking of working...while I was working today, this is how my cat, Sox, celebrated being in SINGLE DIGITS:

My other cat, Pooka, was a little more into it:

Neither was much help when it came to writing my shopping list.

Ok so now on to the BIG IMPORTANT NEWS:
Mike went back to base today and put in his request for the week off. He has not gotten back to me to say whether he was approved or not, but he probably won't get an answer until tomorrow or Friday. I don't care what day it is, as long as the answer is OK, YES, AFFIRMATIVE, or anything else with the same meaning. He did, however, say that the person who takes the requests told him "it shouldn't be a problem." Mike has said that on numerous occasions regarding this trip, and it has worked out for us so far, so here's hoping. That really wasn't that big and important, was it?

If Mike doesn't go, my sister is going to take his place and I really don't like her that much so..... Yeah my sister and I do not get along very well...I know, it's sad but we just kind of tolerate each other and other than that, stay out of the others way. We are night and day and just can not ever agree on anything. That and she's mean So once this is taken care of, I can then start worrying about the weather in Disney during our trip

Last edited by Simba22; 11-19-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:56 AM   #55
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Howdy everyone! Welcome to the 2nd to last installment of my Pre-Trip! My ticker says we have 9 days to go, but since it's 8:16pm that means the day is over and there are now only 8 days to go!

I agree, 8 days. Well since I'm a little late getting here, it really is 8 days!!
Quote:
Happy Birthday Cheesecake (home-made, of course)

Did I tell you when my birthday was????

Quote:

Awww, they are so cute. I had no idea you could litter train a bunny!!

Quote:
Maybe I will leave the video camera unpacked until after I get this task done so I can show you how much it sucks.

Yes, do this!! I've seen people chase greased up pigs, not bunnies.

Quote:
Ok so back to the mani/pedi. I was actually thinking about calling and making appointments for me and Erika, just to be sure that I don't get Slow Lady again...maybe I will do that...good idea Al! Thursday.

Believe it or not, I have never had a manucure/pedicure. I am so getting one this time.

Quote:
Neither was much help when it came to writing my shopping list.

Not at all?? What are the kitties doing while you are gone?

Quote:
Ok so now on to the BIG IMPORTANT NEWS:
Mike went back to base today and put in his request for the week off. He has not gotten back to me to say whether he was approved or not, but he probably won't get an answer until tomorrow or Friday. I don't care what day it is, as long as the answer is OK, YES, AFFIRMATIVE, or anything else with the same meaning. He did, however, say that the person who takes the requests told him "it shouldn't be a problem." Mike has said that on numerous occasions regarding this trip, and it has worked out for us so far, so here's hoping. That really wasn't that big and important, was it?

I'm sure it will work out. That would be a bunch of crap him committing every minute to the military, then when he wants a little "him" time, they say no. I can't imagine them saying no.
Quote:
If Mike doesn't go, my sister is going to take his place and I really don't like her that much so..... Yeah my sister and I do not get along very well...I know, it's sad but we just kind of tolerate each other and other than that, stay out of the others way. We are night and day and just can not ever agree on anything. That and she's mean So once this is taken care of, I can then start worrying about the weather in Disney during our trip
Well, hopefully you don't have to do this. It just doesn't sound like very much fun. Those family pictures will turn out nice though!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #56
m11dolphin
Mouseketeer

Single digits are the best. I am not leaving until December too, so have fun for me while you are gone. will be waiting for the trip report to start when you get back. Love the bunnies and kitties.
2005 - CRB
2003 - All Star Sports
2001 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
1993 - Off Site
1991 - Off Site
Old 09-27-2007, 05:22 PM   #57
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m11dolphin View Post
Single digits are the best. I am not leaving until December too, so have fun for me while you are gone. will be waiting for the trip report to start when you get back. Love the bunnies and kitties.
Hey Dolphin! Thanks for joining me! Like I told DinDin earlier, December is a beautiful time to go to WDW so it is well worth the wait! You guys will have a fantastic time!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #58
TheDisneyBunch
Laughs hysterically at the word.. DUMP!!!

Aww, I just found your report! You are getting so close now! How are things going? I am so jealous!

Your pre-trip has been so much fun to read about. I hope you have an awesome time at mnsshp!

I love how kind you are trying to set nice things up for people! So sweet!

Thank you again for everything!

Oh and btw, that whole scrap book thing is just awesome! WOW! Want to come do mine too? lol

Have a wonderful trip! Lots of coming your way!
Old 09-29-2007, 07:54 PM   #59
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyBunch View Post
Aww, I just found your report! You are getting so close now! How are things going? I am so jealous!

Your pre-trip has been so much fun to read about. I hope you have an awesome time at mnsshp!

I love how kind you are trying to set nice things up for people! So sweet!

Thank you again for everything!

Oh and btw, that whole scrap book thing is just awesome! WOW! Want to come do mine too? lol

Have a wonderful trip! Lots of coming your way!

Thanks for joining me! We are getting very excited as we are now down to 5 days (not counting today, Saturday, since it's 9:18pm...the day's over!) I was thinking today about what I am MOST excited for on this trip, and I honestly think it is meeting Captain Jack! Everyone is talking about how great he is and the Pirate Tutorial that he does during the day is fantastic! I'm SUPER excited for that! 2nd in line would be all of the new restaurants we are eating at, thanks to the DDP.

And I would LOVE to do your scrapbook! LoL! I actually have been told by several people that I should open my own business and do scrapbooks for people....I would so love to do that! What better way to make money then helping people put their Disney memories in order? I wish I could share the actual books with you guys! They are like, my most prized posessions! Of course it takes me like 3 months to do one book, but if scrapping was my only job, I could probably get a complete book done in about week. We'll see what happens!

Thanks for pixie dust! We are going to need as we still don't know what Mike's status is, and I am SO SCARED it's going to rain all week while we are there! And I'm afraid I'm going to get lost trying to find my way around CSR!
Old 09-29-2007, 11:05 PM   #60
TheDisneyBunch
Laughs hysterically at the word.. DUMP!!!

Quote:
Thanks for joining me! We are getting very excited as we are now down to 5 days (not counting today, Saturday, since it's 9:18pm...the day's over!) I was thinking today about what I am MOST excited for on this trip, and I honestly think it is meeting Captain Jack! Everyone is talking about how great he is and the Pirate Tutorial that he does during the day is fantastic! I'm SUPER excited for that! 2nd in line would be all of the new restaurants we are eating at, thanks to the DDP.

And I would LOVE to do your scrapbook! LoL! I actually have been told by several people that I should open my own business and do scrapbooks for people....I would so love to do that! What better way to make money then helping people put their Disney memories in order? I wish I could share the actual books with you guys! They are like, my most prized posessions! Of course it takes me like 3 months to do one book, but if scrapping was my only job, I could probably get a complete book done in about week. We'll see what happens!

Thanks for pixie dust! We are going to need as we still don't know what Mike's status is, and I am SO SCARED it's going to rain all week while we are there! And I'm afraid I'm going to get lost trying to find my way around CSR!

I might can make you feel better about one part of that.. We went the week you are going last year and we were there for 8 days and we saw only a couple sprinkles ONE DAY! It was beautiful the whole time. Just amazing!

Eek about not knowing Mike's status! Keeping you worried there are they? Good luck with that!

Holy cow about doing a scrapbook in a week if you had the time!! When I used to try to scrap it would take me hours just to do one page! I could not make up my mind about anything. I gave up sadly so Ethan's book is just up to about this first birthday..lol

I am so jealous over the meet and greet with capt jack! They started that like a day after we left!!! I would have been on top of the world.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: